Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Blue Thunderbird pulls into Antler with a trailer attached.
* The trailer is parked at Dairy Maid.
* The sign on the trailer says to see the fattest boy in the world, $2.
* The town quickly begins to line up.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Miss Myrtie Mae, town librarian and historian, gets in the line.
* Reader learns that Toby's...
This section contains 3,660 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)