|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not recognize Miranda in the hall at school?
2. What happens to Miranda, Colin and Annemarie's jobs at the sandwich shop?
3. Who comes to Miranda's door in Chapter 43 to give her a kiss?
4. What food is Annemarie not supposed to eat?
5. What happens to Julia in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miranda so surprised and happy when Annemarie is still at her house the morning after a sleepover?
2. When does Miranda finally understand what the writer of the notes meant when he said he was coming to save her friend?
3. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
5. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
6. How does Miranda change the way she views people after the way the sandwich shop owner treated Julia?
7. Why is Miranda happy when Julia is thrown out of the sandwich shop again?
8. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
9. What do Marcus and Julia attempt to explain to Miranda one day?
10. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is an important theme in WHEN YOU REACH ME. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)