|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annemarie's father bring to the sleepover?
2. What do Miranda and her mother think may have happened to the item in #99?
3. What disease does Annemarie have?
4. What is notable about the gift in #134?
5. What has someone left on Annemarie's doormat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
2. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
3. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
4. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
5. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
6. What does Miranda receive from Richard for Christmas and why does it frighten Miranda?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
8. When does Miranda finally understand what the writer of the notes meant when he said he was coming to save her friend?
9. Why is Miranda happy when Julia is thrown out of the sandwich shop again?
10. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Marcus. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Marcus?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of time travel will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of time travel throughout the book.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)