Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annemarie's father bring to the sleepover?
2. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
3. What is Miranda's mother's mood when she comes home from work in Chapter 26?
4. What does Louisa tell Miranda when Louisa comes to Miranda's apartment in Chapter 26?
5. Who is called to go to the nurse's office at school?
Rebecca Stead is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Miranda spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate her life. What does she think about? What conclusions does she arrive at? Explain why she is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)