|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda and __________________ make amends and become friends again in Chapter 40.
2. In Chapter 32, Miranda's roll count at the sandwich shop is _____________ short.
3. All the mysterious notes have mentioned that the note's writer is _________________________.
4. What item does Julia use to try to explain time travel to Miranda?
5. What is Miranda's mother's mood when she comes home from work in Chapter 26?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through a series of flashbacks. Why did she choose to tell her story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Stead choose to use these places in the novel?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)