|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the sandwich shop owner ban the person in #129 from the shop?
2. What is the name of Miranda's favorite book?
3. All the mysterious notes have mentioned that the note's writer is _________________________.
4. Who does the sandwich shop owner ban from the shop?
5. What do Miranda and her mother think may have happened to the item in #99?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
3. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
5. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
6. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
7. How does Miranda change the way she views people after the way the sandwich shop owner treated Julia?
8. Why is Miranda so surprised and happy when Annemarie is still at her house the morning after a sleepover?
9. What is the climax of the novel?
10. What is Miranda's new outlook on life regarding how she is going to treat people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Stead choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is an important theme in WHEN YOU REACH ME. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)