|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miranda find the missing rolls?
2. What has someone left on Annemarie's doormat?
3. What item does Julia use to try to explain time travel to Miranda?
4. What does Miranda discover at Julia's house?
5. Where do Miranda and her mother go for entertainment in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
2. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
3. When does Miranda finally understand what the writer of the notes meant when he said he was coming to save her friend?
4. What does Miranda receive from Richard for Christmas and why does it frighten Miranda?
5. How does the homeless man save Sal in Chapter 45?
6. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
7. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
8. Why is Miranda so surprised and happy when Annemarie is still at her house the morning after a sleepover?
9. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
10. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Miranda and Julia. Both girls had and have influence over Annemarie but have their hold on her in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Miranda's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? Will she have had any more experiences with time travel? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Miranda's mother. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda's mother?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)