|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the words in #153?
2. What happens to Julia in Chapter 25?
3. Why does Marcus tell Miranda that he hit Sal?
4. Who makes Annemarie's lunch for her every day?
5. What do Miranda and her mother think may have happened to the item in #99?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
2. What does Miranda receive from Richard for Christmas and why does it frighten Miranda?
3. When does Miranda finally understand what the writer of the notes meant when he said he was coming to save her friend?
4. Why is Miranda happy when Julia is thrown out of the sandwich shop again?
5. How does the homeless man save Sal in Chapter 45?
6. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
7. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
8. What do Marcus and Julia attempt to explain to Miranda one day?
9. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
10. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rebecca Stead's writing style. How is she different from other writers of her time? What are some of her characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of her style in WHEN YOU REACH ME.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)