|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the sandwich shop owner ban from the shop?
2. Who makes Annemarie's lunch for her every day?
3. How does Miranda feel about what happens to Julia in #93?
4. What do Miranda and her mother think may have happened to the item in #99?
5. Why does Marcus tell Miranda that he hit Sal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
2. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
3. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
4. Why is Miranda happy when Julia is thrown out of the sandwich shop again?
5. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
6. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
7. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
8. Why is Miranda so surprised and happy when Annemarie is still at her house the morning after a sleepover?
9. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
10. What does Miranda receive from Richard for Christmas and why does it frighten Miranda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rebecca Stead is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Miranda's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? Will she have had any more experiences with time travel? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rebecca Stead's writing style. How is she different from other writers of her time? What are some of her characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of her style in WHEN YOU REACH ME.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)