Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annemarie's father bring to the sleepover?
2. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
3. What is Miranda's mother's mood when she comes home from work in Chapter 26?
4. What does Louisa tell Miranda when Louisa comes to Miranda's apartment in Chapter 26?
5. Who is called to go to the nurse's office at school?
Essay Topic 1
Rebecca Stead is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
Essay Topic 3
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through a series of flashbacks. Why did she choose to tell her story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)