|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Annemarie, Miranda and Colin give a card to the owner of the sandwich shop?
2. What do Miranda, Colin and Annemarie do when they realize how the sandwich shop owner feels about Julia?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the words in #153?
4. What does Miranda give to a homeless man when she walks home from school in Chapter 33?
5. Miranda and __________________ make amends and become friends again in Chapter 40.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
2. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
3. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
4. When does Miranda finally understand what the writer of the notes meant when he said he was coming to save her friend?
5. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
6. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
7. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
8. How does Miranda learn about Annemarie's disease?
9. Why is Miranda so surprised and happy when Annemarie is still at her house the morning after a sleepover?
10. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Richard. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Richard?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Miranda's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? Will she have had any more experiences with time travel? Explain.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)