|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miranda's mother's mood when she comes home from work in Chapter 26?
2. Why does Miranda get in trouble with her mother?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the words in #153?
4. Who does not recognize Miranda in the hall at school?
5. What is the content of the fourth note?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miranda so surprised and happy when Annemarie is still at her house the morning after a sleepover?
2. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
3. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
4. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
5. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
6. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
7. How does the homeless man save Sal in Chapter 45?
8. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
9. How does Miranda learn about Annemarie's disease?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Marcus. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Marcus?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)