|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annemarie's father invite Miranda?
2. What do Miranda and her mother think may have happened to the item in #99?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the words in #153?
4. For what does Julia criticize Annemarie?
5. Why does the sandwich shop owner ban the person in #129 from the shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Julia and Miranda. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Miranda learn about the source of Julia's true anger? Explain.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)