|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louisa tell Miranda when Louisa comes to Miranda's apartment in Chapter 26?
2. What happens to Miranda, Colin and Annemarie's jobs at the sandwich shop?
3. What do Miranda, Colin and Annemarie do when they realize how the sandwich shop owner feels about Julia?
4. Who is called to go to the nurse's office at school?
5. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miranda change the way she views people after the way the sandwich shop owner treated Julia?
2. When does Miranda finally understand what the writer of the notes meant when he said he was coming to save her friend?
3. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
4. What is Miranda's new outlook on life regarding how she is going to treat people?
5. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
6. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
7. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
9. How does Miranda learn about Annemarie's disease?
10. What is the climax of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rebecca Stead is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is an important theme in WHEN YOU REACH ME. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)