|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda find in the pocket of her winter coat in Chapter 30?
2. What does Miranda's mother tell Miranda about Richard in Chapter 34?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the words in #153?
4. What does Miranda discover at Julia's house?
5. In Chapter 42, Miranda writes a note to _______________ in an attempt to make amends.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
2. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
3. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
5. How does the homeless man save Sal in Chapter 45?
6. Why is Miranda so surprised and happy when Annemarie is still at her house the morning after a sleepover?
7. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
8. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
10. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the ongoing conflict between Julia and Miranda. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Miranda learn about the source of Julia's true anger? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is an important theme in WHEN YOU REACH ME. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)