|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda's mother tell Miranda about Richard in Chapter 34?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the words in #153?
3. Julia's family has just returned from a trip to ___________________.
4. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
5. What does Miranda discover at Julia's house?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Miranda's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? Will she have had any more experiences with time travel? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Miranda and Julia. Both girls had and have influence over Annemarie but have their hold on her in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through a series of flashbacks. Why did she choose to tell her story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)