|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Julia in Chapter 25?
2. What new nickname does Miranda have for Julia?
3. All the mysterious notes have mentioned that the note's writer is _________________________.
4. What gift does Richard give Miranda?
5. Why do Annemarie, Miranda and Colin give a card to the owner of the sandwich shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
2. How does Miranda change the way she views people after the way the sandwich shop owner treated Julia?
3. How does the homeless man save Sal in Chapter 45?
4. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
5. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
6. How does Miranda learn about Annemarie's disease?
7. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
8. What is Miranda's new outlook on life regarding how she is going to treat people?
9. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
10. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Richard. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Richard?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is an important theme in WHEN YOU REACH ME. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)