|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miranda sees Marcus on the street one day she asks him questions about _________________.
2. What is the name of Miranda's favorite book?
3. What new nickname does Miranda have for Julia?
4. Miranda and her mother forget that Richard is supposed to meet them _________________.
5. What does Miranda find in the pocket of her winter coat in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
4. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
5. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
6. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
7. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
8. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
9. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
10. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Julia and Miranda. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Miranda learn about the source of Julia's true anger? Explain.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)