|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to have lunch with Miranda and Annemarie?
2. How did the person in #39 feel after being punched?
3. Who is Sal's mother?
4. What is the time period for WHEN YOU REACH ME?
5. Where does Miranda volunteer to help in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda think she is named after?
2. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
3. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
4. What are the two notes that Miranda finds and why are they so unsettling for Miranda?
5. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
6. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
7. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
8. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
9. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
10. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Marcus. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Marcus?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
Essay Topic 3
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through a series of flashbacks. Why did she choose to tell her story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)