|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Miranda in?
2. Who punched the person in #39?
3. What unique habit does Quack have?
4. What type of television show is the show in #2?
5. How does Miranda feel about Annemarie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ceramic bank and what does it contain?
2. What does Miranda think she is named after?
3. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
4. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
5. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
6. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
7. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
8. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
9. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
10. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is an important theme in WHEN YOU REACH ME. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of time travel will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of time travel throughout the book.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)