|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author of the notes wants Miranda to mention ________________ in a story.
2. What is one of the things on Miranda's mother's list of things she would do if she won the game show money?
3. Who is Sal's mother?
4. What is notable about Quack?
5. What beverage does Annemarie's father give to Miranda but not to Annemarie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marcus and Julia attempt to explain to Miranda one day?
2. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
3. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
4. Describe Annemarie's father and the special attention he provides for his daughter.
5. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
6. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
7. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
8. How does Miranda change the way she views people after the way the sandwich shop owner treated Julia?
9. What success does Miranda's mother have on The $20,000 Pyramid?
10. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the ongoing conflict between Julia and Miranda. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Miranda learn about the source of Julia's true anger? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rebecca Stead's writing style. How is she different from other writers of her time? What are some of her characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of her style in WHEN YOU REACH ME.
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)