Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda do when she is afraid of someone on the street?
2. What does Annemarie's father like to do?
3. What is Miranda's mother's current state of mind?
4. What is Miranda's mother's current job?
5. From whom does Miranda receive the notes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ceramic bank and what does it contain?
2. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
3. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
4. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
5. What does Miranda finally realize about Marcus and Julia?
6. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
7. What do Marcus and Julia attempt to explain to Miranda one day?
8. What arrives at Miranda's apartment to fulfill the last note from the writer?
9. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
10. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
Essay Topic 1
Miranda spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate her life. What does she think about? What conclusions does she arrive at? Explain why she is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Julia and Miranda. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Miranda learn about the source of Julia's true anger? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)