|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Quack?
2. What do Miranda and her mother note is missing later that evening?
3. How did the person in #39 feel after being punched?
4. What did the person in #39 tell Miranda after the person was punched?
5. What is one of the things on Miranda's mother's list of things she would do if she won the game show money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
2. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
3. What does Miranda realize about her friendship with Sal after all?
4. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
5. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
6. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
7. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
8. What is the ceramic bank and what does it contain?
9. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
10. What does Miranda think she is named after?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Marcus. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Marcus?
Essay Topic 2
WHEN YOU REACH ME is a classic science fiction and mystery novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)