|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosted the show in #2?
2. Where does the person in #50 ask Miranda to go?
3. What does Miranda find at the sandwich shop?
4. What does Miranda do when she is afraid of someone on the street?
5. Miranda thinks she is named after ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
2. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
3. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
4. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
5. Who is Colin and what job does he get for himself, Miranda and Annemarie?
6. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
7. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
8. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
9. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
10. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Miranda's mother. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda's mother?
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Stead choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of time travel will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of time travel throughout the book.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)