Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda do when she is afraid of someone on the street?
2. What does Annemarie's father like to do?
3. What is Miranda's mother's current state of mind?
4. What is Miranda's mother's current job?
5. From whom does Miranda receive the notes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ceramic bank and what does it contain?
2. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
3. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
4. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
5. What does Miranda finally realize about Marcus and Julia?
6. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
7. What do Marcus and Julia attempt to explain to Miranda one day?
8. What arrives at Miranda's apartment to fulfill the last note from the writer?
9. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
10. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Miranda and Julia. Both girls had and have influence over Annemarie but have their hold on her in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Marcus. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Marcus?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)