|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Colin, Miranda and Annemarie work at the shop?
2. What is notable about Quack?
3. What is one of the things on Miranda's mother's list of things she would do if she won the game show money?
4. What grade is Marcus in?
5. What causes Miranda and Sal to stop being friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ceramic bank and what does it contain?
2. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
3. Who is Colin and what job does he get for himself, Miranda and Annemarie?
4. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
5. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
6. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
7. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
8. Describe Annemarie's father and the special attention he provides for his daughter.
9. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
10. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Miranda and Julia. Both girls had and have influence over Annemarie but have their hold on her in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Julia and Miranda. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Miranda learn about the source of Julia's true anger? Explain.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)