|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces a sandwich shop owner to give jobs to Colin, Miranda and Annemarie?
2. Who is Richard?
3. What does Annemarie's father like to do?
4. What did the person in #39 tell Miranda after the person was punched?
5. Where does the person in #50 ask Miranda to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
2. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
3. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
4. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
5. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
6. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
7. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
8. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
9. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
10. What are the two notes that Miranda finds and why are they so unsettling for Miranda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Stead end the story on a note of hope for Miranda or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with flawed relationships and evolving trends and ways of life? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rebecca Stead's writing style. How is she different from other writers of her time? What are some of her characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of her style in WHEN YOU REACH ME.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)