|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miranda's mother's friend who lives in the apartment building?
2. Who punched the person in #39?
3. Where does Miranda find a note in Chapter 17?
4. What meeting is held each month in the apartment building?
5. Where does Miranda find the item in #82?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
2. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
3. Describe Annemarie's father and the special attention he provides for his daughter.
4. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
5. Who is Colin and what job does he get for himself, Miranda and Annemarie?
6. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
7. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
8. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
9. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
10. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Miranda's mother. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda's mother?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)