|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was the person in #39 punched?
2. Where has Miranda's mother hidden a key to the apartment?
3. Who is Quack?
4. How does Miranda's mother feel about their apartment?
5. What beverage does Annemarie's father give to Miranda but not to Annemarie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
2. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
3. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
4. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
5. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
6. What does Miranda think she is named after?
7. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
8. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
9. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
10. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Stead choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Marcus. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Marcus?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Julia and Miranda. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Miranda learn about the source of Julia's true anger? Explain.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)