|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when the person in #39 gets punched?
2. Where does Miranda volunteer to help in Chapter 13?
3. The author of the notes wants Miranda to mention ________________ in a story.
4. Where does Miranda usually see Quack?
5. What do Miranda and her mother note is missing later that evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
2. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
3. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
4. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
5. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
6. Who is Colin and what job does he get for himself, Miranda and Annemarie?
7. Why is Miranda startled upon returning home from school one day?
8. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
9. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
10. What are the two notes that Miranda finds and why are they so unsettling for Miranda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Marcus. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Marcus?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Miranda spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate her life. What does she think about? What conclusions does she arrive at? Explain why she is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)