|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the person in #39 feel after being punched?
2. Miranda finds another note which asks her to write about _______________________.
3. Who begins to have lunch with Miranda and Annemarie?
4. What job does Miranda have in the sandwich shop?
5. What does Marcus tell Miranda might be possible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two notes that Miranda finds and why are they so unsettling for Miranda?
2. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
3. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
4. What does Miranda think she is named after?
5. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
6. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
7. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
8. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
9. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
10. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Miranda. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Miranda?
Essay Topic 2
WHEN YOU REACH ME is a classic science fiction and mystery novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Julia and Miranda. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Miranda learn about the source of Julia's true anger? Explain.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)