|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miranda invite Annemarie in Chapter 19?
2. Who hosted the show in #2?
3. What has Miranda been asked to do in one of the mystery notes?
4. Even though Miranda's mother is close to Richard she refuses to give him ___________________.
5. Whose mother wants to appear on the show in #2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
2. Describe Annemarie's father and the special attention he provides for his daughter.
3. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
4. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
5. What does Miranda think she is named after?
6. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
7. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
8. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
9. Why is Miranda startled upon returning home from school one day?
10. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miranda spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate her life. What does she think about? What conclusions does she arrive at? Explain why she is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of time travel will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of time travel throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Miranda's life. Where will she be living? Who will be present in her life? Will she have had any more experiences with time travel? Explain.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)