|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Annemarie at school in Chapter 27?
(a) She wins the spelling bee.
(b) She wins the class president election.
(c) She has a seizure.
(d) She falls down the stairs.
2. In Chapter 42, Miranda writes a note to _______________ in an attempt to make amends.
3. What did Sal always do when he spent the night at Miranda's?
(a) Played video games.
(b) Stayed up all night.
(c) Made prank phone calls.
(d) Left in the middle of the night.
4. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
(a) prejudiced against black people.
(b) a military veteran.
(c) a single father.
(d) a philanthropist.
5. What holiday is it in Chapter 40?
(a) New Year's.
(d) Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda and her mother forget that Richard is supposed to meet them _________________.
2. Why does Miranda go to Julia's house in Chapter 44?
3. What does Julia do to Miranda during class?
4. What does Miranda discover at Julia's house?
5. What is Miranda's mother's mood when she comes home from work in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
3. When does Miranda finally understand what the writer of the notes meant when he said he was coming to save her friend?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
5. How does the homeless man save Sal in Chapter 45?
6. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
7. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
8. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
9. How does Miranda learn about Annemarie's disease?
10. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)