|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Miranda's door in Chapter 43 to give her a kiss?
2. What has been stolen from the sandwich shop?
(a) A bank deposit.
(c) A case of sodas.
(d) A ceramic bank.
3. What is notable about the gift in #134?
(a) It is a formal style.
(b) It is her favorite recording artist.
(c) It is a deluxe set.
(d) It is signed by the author.
4. Miranda calls Annemarie from _________________.
(a) the sandwich shop phone.
(b) her cell phone.
(c) her home phone.
(d) a payphone.
5. Who does not recognize Miranda in the hall at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Miranda and her mother think may have happened to the item in #99?
2. What gift does Richard give Miranda?
3. What does Miranda notice about Sal when she walks home from school behind him in Chapter 28?
4. What do Miranda, Colin and Annemarie do when they realize how the sandwich shop owner feels about Julia?
5. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
2. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
3. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
5. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
6. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
7. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
9. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
10. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)