|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nearly hit by a truck in Chapter 45?
2. What does the person in #113 do when seeing Marcus?
(b) Runs away.
(d) Turns in a panic.
3. How does Miranda feel about what happens to Julia in #93?
4. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
(a) a military veteran.
(b) prejudiced against black people.
(c) a philanthropist.
(d) a single father.
5. Richard cannot find __________________ that he left in the apartment.
(a) a deck of cards.
(b) a pair of shoes.
(c) an umbrella.
(d) a cigarette lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the sandwich shop owner ban from the shop?
2. What holiday is it in Chapter 38?
3. Miranda sees words scratched into the surface of ____________________.
4. What does Miranda give to a homeless man when she walks home from school in Chapter 33?
5. In Chapter 42, Miranda writes a note to _______________ in an attempt to make amends.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
2. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
3. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
4. How does the homeless man save Sal in Chapter 45?
5. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
6. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
7. Why is Miranda so surprised and happy when Annemarie is still at her house the morning after a sleepover?
8. Why is Miranda happy when Julia is thrown out of the sandwich shop again?
9. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
10. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)