|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sal always do when he spent the night at Miranda's?
(a) Played video games.
(b) Stayed up all night.
(c) Left in the middle of the night.
(d) Made prank phone calls.
2. What item does Julia use to try to explain time travel to Miranda?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A prism.
(c) A watch.
(d) A sundial.
3. Miranda and __________________ make amends and become friends again in Chapter 40.
4. All the mysterious notes have mentioned that the note's writer is _________________________.
(a) coming to save non-believers.
(b) coming to save the whales.
(c) coming to save the world.
(d) coming to save a friend of Miranda's.
5. What has been stolen from the sandwich shop?
(a) A ceramic bank.
(c) A bank deposit.
(d) A case of sodas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Miranda, Colin and Annemarie do when they realize how the sandwich shop owner feels about Julia?
2. Why does Miranda take a girl in her class to the bathroom?
3. Why does Miranda get in trouble with her mother?
4. What does Miranda discover at Julia's house?
5. What does Miranda ask Marcus in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
2. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
3. What is the climax of the novel?
4. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
5. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
6. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
7. When does Miranda finally understand what the writer of the notes meant when he said he was coming to save her friend?
8. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
10. Why is Miranda happy when Julia is thrown out of the sandwich shop again?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)