|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would Miranda like to befriend?
2. What happens to Annemarie at school in Chapter 27?
(a) She wins the spelling bee.
(b) She has a seizure.
(c) She falls down the stairs.
(d) She wins the class president election.
3. What new nickname does Miranda have for Julia?
(a) The J Factor.
(b) Swiss Miss.
(c) Stoolie Julie.
(d) Nerdie Gerdie.
4. What holiday is it in Chapter 40?
(b) Fourth of July.
(c) New Year's.
5. What has been stolen from the sandwich shop?
(b) A ceramic bank.
(c) A case of sodas.
(d) A bank deposit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda sees words scratched into the surface of ____________________.
2. Miranda calls Annemarie from _________________.
3. Why are the kids stuck at school during lunch one day?
4. What is the content of the fourth note?
5. Why does Miranda get in trouble with her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
2. When does Miranda finally understand what the writer of the notes meant when he said he was coming to save her friend?
3. How does Miranda learn about Annemarie's disease?
4. What is Miranda's new outlook on life regarding how she is going to treat people?
5. What do Marcus and Julia attempt to explain to Miranda one day?
6. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
7. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
9. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
10. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)