|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All the mysterious notes have mentioned that the note's writer is _________________________.
(a) coming to save the whales.
(b) coming to save non-believers.
(c) coming to save the world.
(d) coming to save a friend of Miranda's.
2. What do Miranda, Colin and Annemarie do when they realize how the sandwich shop owner feels about Julia?
(a) They start a petition.
(b) They tell their parents.
(c) They go on strike.
(d) They quit their jobs.
3. What does Julia do to Miranda during class?
(a) Texts her.
(b) Pokes her.
(c) Unhooks her backpack.
(d) Shoots a rubber band at her.
4. Why does Marcus tell Miranda that he hit Sal?
(a) Mostly to see what would happen.
(b) Because he tripped him.
(c) Because he called him an obscene name.
(d) Because he flirted with his girlfriend.
5. What disease does Annemarie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda calls Annemarie from _________________.
2. What shocks Miranda the morning after the sleepover?
3. Who does the sandwich shop owner ban from the shop?
4. What holiday is it in Chapter 40?
5. In Chapter 32, Miranda's roll count at the sandwich shop is _____________ short.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
3. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
4. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
5. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
6. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
8. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
9. How does the homeless man save Sal in Chapter 45?
10. What is the climax of the novel?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)