|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes Annemarie's lunch for her every day?
(a) Her father.
(c) The cook.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Miranda's mother tell Miranda about Richard in Chapter 34?
(a) Richard is moving out of state.
(b) Richard got a promotion.
(c) Richard wants to get married.
(d) Richard was in a car accident.
3. What disease does Annemarie have?
4. What item does Julia use to try to explain time travel to Miranda?
(a) A watch.
(b) A sundial.
(c) A prism.
(d) A diamond.
5. All the mysterious notes have mentioned that the note's writer is _________________________.
(a) coming to save the world.
(b) coming to save non-believers.
(c) coming to save the whales.
(d) coming to save a friend of Miranda's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nearly runs over Miranda and Marcus as they talk one day?
2. What is the content of the fourth note?
3. What does Miranda find in the pocket of her winter coat in Chapter 30?
4. Why are the kids stuck at school during lunch one day?
5. In Chapter 35, Annemarie sleeps over at ______________ house.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
2. How does Miranda change the way she views people after the way the sandwich shop owner treated Julia?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
4. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
5. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
6. Why is Miranda happy when Julia is thrown out of the sandwich shop again?
7. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
8. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
9. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing in the scene where Marcus and Julia try to explain time travel to Miranda?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)