|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nearly hit by a truck in Chapter 45?
2. Where do Miranda and her mother go for entertainment in Chapter 40?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The theater.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The movies.
3. What is the content of the fourth note?
(a) For Miranda to give Colin a chance to be her boyfriend.
(b) For Miranda to write her story and give it to the writer of the notes.
(c) For Miranda to be nicer to Julia.
(d) For Miranda to convince her mother to marry Richard.
4. What does Miranda's mother tell Miranda about Richard in Chapter 34?
(a) Richard is moving out of state.
(b) Richard wants to get married.
(c) Richard got a promotion.
(d) Richard was in a car accident.
5. Why are the kids stuck at school during lunch one day?
(a) A tornado warning has sounded.
(b) A naked man is running wild in the area.
(c) They have to rehearse for a special program.
(d) A blizzard is hitting the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, Miranda's roll count at the sandwich shop is _____________ short.
2. In Chapter 42, Miranda writes a note to _______________ in an attempt to make amends.
3. Who is called to go to the nurse's office at school?
4. What do Miranda, Colin and Annemarie do when they realize how the sandwich shop owner feels about Julia?
5. Why does Marcus tell Miranda that he hit Sal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
2. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
3. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
4. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
5. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
6. What is Miranda's new outlook on life regarding how she is going to treat people?
7. What does Miranda receive from Richard for Christmas and why does it frighten Miranda?
8. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
9. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
10. Why is Miranda happy when Julia is thrown out of the sandwich shop again?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)