|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the kids stuck at school during lunch one day?
(a) They have to rehearse for a special program.
(b) A blizzard is hitting the area.
(c) A tornado warning has sounded.
(d) A naked man is running wild in the area.
2. Why does the sandwich shop owner ban the person in #129 from the shop?
(a) She/he is a troublemaker.
(b) She/he is black.
(c) She/he has stolen from him.
(d) She/he has been fired.
3. Why do Annemarie, Miranda and Colin give a card to the owner of the sandwich shop?
(a) They want their jobs back.
(b) His mother died.
(c) It is his birthday.
(d) It is Christmas.
4. What does Julia do to Miranda during class?
(a) Pokes her.
(b) Texts her.
(c) Unhooks her backpack.
(d) Shoots a rubber band at her.
5. What does Miranda find in the pocket of her winter coat in Chapter 30?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A ticket stub.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miranda take a girl in her class to the bathroom?
2. Where does Annemarie's father invite Miranda?
3. What is Miranda afraid of in Chapter 25?
4. What does the person in #113 do when seeing Marcus?
5. Why does Marcus tell Miranda that he hit Sal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
2. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
3. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
4. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
5. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
6. Why do Annemarie, Colin and Miranda all quit their jobs after they get them back?
7. What is the significance of the third note which Miranda finds in her coat pocket?
8. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
9. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
10. What is the climax of the novel?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)