|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the homeless man ask Annemarie about in Chapter 33?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A TV program.
(c) A burn scale.
(d) Her mother.
2. Why does Miranda take a girl in her class to the bathroom?
(a) The girl is new to the school.
(b) The girl is in a wheelchair.
(c) The girl is on crutches.
(d) The girl is too shy to ask.
3. Who makes Annemarie's lunch for her every day?
(a) The cook.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. Why does Miranda get in trouble with her mother?
(a) She did not finish her book report.
(b) She got a low grade on her report card.
(c) She did not tell her mother she was going to Annemarie's.
(d) She did not clean her room.
5. In Chapter 35, Annemarie sleeps over at ______________ house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sal always do when he spent the night at Miranda's?
2. What do Miranda, Colin and Annemarie do when they realize how the sandwich shop owner feels about Julia?
3. What has someone left on Annemarie's doormat?
4. In Chapter 32, Miranda's roll count at the sandwich shop is _____________ short.
5. What does Miranda find in the pocket of her winter coat in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is missing from the apartment one day and what do Miranda and her mother think about what has happened?
2. What is the Quack's reaction when he sees Marcus on the street?
3. How does Miranda change the way she views people after the way the sandwich shop owner treated Julia?
4. What is the climax of the novel?
5. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Miranda's not telling Sal that he should no longer fear Marcus?
6. What are some of the things that Julia does to annoy Miranda and Annemarie?
7. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
8. What happens after Miranda phones Annemarie on New Year's Day?
9. Where does Miranda find the fourth and final note from the stranger and what questions remain for her?
10. How does the homeless man save Sal in Chapter 45?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)