|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miranda's mother's current state of mind?
2. Who is Miranda's mother's friend who lives in the apartment building?
3. The author of the notes wants Miranda to mention ________________ in a story.
(a) her career goals.
(b) her birthday.
(c) the location of a spare key.
(d) her favorite color.
4. What is Annemarie's father's profession?
(b) Medical illustrator.
(c) Talk show host.
5. What meeting is held each month in the apartment building?
(a) A hospitality meeting.
(b) A budget meeting.
(c) A tenants meeting.
(d) A safety meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unique habit does Quack have?
2. What month is it when the person in #39 gets punched?
3. How did Quack get his nickname?
4. What grade is Miranda in?
5. The date on which Miranda's mother will be asked to appear on a TV show is predicted accurately via _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
2. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
3. Describe Annemarie's father and the special attention he provides for his daughter.
4. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
5. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
6. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
7. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
8. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
9. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
10. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)