|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miranda always carries around a book about ___________________.
(a) time travel.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
2. What job does Miranda have in the sandwich shop?
(a) Counting rolls.
(b) Taking orders.
(c) Dispensing soda.
(d) Washing dishes.
3. Who begins to have lunch with Miranda and Annemarie?
4. What month is it when the person in #39 gets punched?
5. What does Miranda's mother think about the note?
(a) She thinks it is a love note.
(b) She thinks it was intended for someone else.
(c) She thinks it is threatening.
(d) She thinks it is mysterious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miranda's mother dates a man with what profession?
2. Where does Miranda invite Annemarie in Chapter 19?
3. What causes Miranda and Sal to stop being friends?
4. How does Miranda feel about Annemarie's father?
5. Miranda's mother is __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
2. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
3. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
4. Why is Miranda startled upon returning home from school one day?
5. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
6. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
7. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
8. Describe Annemarie's father and the special attention he provides for his daughter.
9. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
10. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)