|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Miranda receive the notes?
(c) An anonymous person.
2. Who is one of the kids that Miranda escorts in #62?
3. What was Miranda's mother's career goal?
(a) To become an attorney.
(b) To live as an artist.
(c) To work as a writer.
(d) To become a teacher.
4. What causes Miranda and Sal to stop being friends?
(a) Sal is in love.
(b) Miranda wants a girl for a friend.
(c) Sal got punched.
(d) Miranda does not want to go steady.
5. What do Miranda and her mother note is missing later that evening?
(b) The stereo.
(d) The spare key.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Quack?
2. What is the time period for WHEN YOU REACH ME?
3. Who convinces a sandwich shop owner to give jobs to Colin, Miranda and Annemarie?
4. Where does Miranda find the item in #82?
5. Where does Miranda find a note in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
2. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
3. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
4. What is the ceramic bank and what does it contain?
5. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
6. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
7. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
8. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
9. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
10. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)