|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Miranda have in the sandwich shop?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Dispensing soda.
(c) Counting rolls.
(d) Taking orders.
2. How did Quack get his nickname?
(a) He is really funny.
(b) He has a honking laugh.
(c) He has odd behavior.
(d) It rhymes with his last name.
3. How many times was the person in #39 punched?
(b) Four times.
(d) Seven times.
4. How did the person in #39 feel after being punched?
5. At what time of day was the show in #2 broadcast?
(a) Saturday afternoon.
(b) Weekday mornings.
(c) Weekday evenings.
(d) Sunday mornings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda's mother say is the only good thing about their apartment?
2. What is Annemarie's father's profession?
3. What is the time period for WHEN YOU REACH ME?
4. What does Miranda's mother think about the note?
5. What month is it when the person in #39 gets punched?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two notes that Miranda finds and why are they so unsettling for Miranda?
2. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
3. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
4. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
5. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
6. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
7. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
8. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
9. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
10. Describe Annemarie's father and the special attention he provides for his daughter.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)