|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda ask the big boy who comes up behind her on the street?
(a) Where he got his shoes.
(b) If he will leave her alone.
(c) If she knows him.
(d) What time it is.
2. Who is Miranda's first female friend?
3. What meeting is held each month in the apartment building?
(a) A safety meeting.
(b) A hospitality meeting.
(c) A budget meeting.
(d) A tenants meeting.
4. Where does Miranda's mother work?
(b) Law office.
5. Where does the person in #50 ask Miranda to go?
(a) To her house.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda's mother think about the note?
2. What television show does Miranda's mother enjoy?
3. When do Colin, Miranda and Annemarie work at the shop?
4. What does Miranda's mother take from her job?
5. Where does Miranda invite Annemarie in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
2. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
3. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
4. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
5. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
6. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
7. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
8. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
9. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
10. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)