|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miranda usually see Quack?
(a) At the library.
(b) Outside her building.
(c) At school.
(d) In her building.
2. At what time of day was the show in #2 broadcast?
(a) Weekday mornings.
(b) Sunday mornings.
(c) Weekday evenings.
(d) Saturday afternoon.
3. What beverage does Annemarie's father give to Miranda but not to Annemarie?
(b) Apple cider.
4. What is notable about Quack?
(a) He has really long arms.
(b) He is homeless.
(c) He is very tall.
(d) He has very long hair.
5. What is the topic of the note found in #75?
(a) Miranda has a secret admirer.
(b) Miranda should write a letter about the house key.
(c) Miranda is in love with Sal.
(d) Miranda is going to be voted class president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the kids that Miranda escorts in #62?
2. Where does Miranda invite Annemarie in Chapter 19?
3. Who was Annemarie's best friend?
4. What does Miranda find at the sandwich shop?
5. What does Annemarie's father like to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Colin and what job does he get for himself, Miranda and Annemarie?
2. What does Miranda think she is named after?
3. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
4. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
5. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
6. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
7. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
8. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
9. Why is Miranda startled upon returning home from school one day?
10. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)