|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the person in #39 get punched?
(a) For tripping him.
(b) For flirting with his girl.
(c) For shouting an obscenity.
(d) For no reason.
2. Miranda's mother dates a man with what profession?
3. Who is Sal's mother?
4. Who is Colin?
(a) Miranda's cousin.
(b) A hall monitor.
(c) A boy in Miranda's class.
(d) The editor of the school newsletter.
5. Where does Miranda find the item in #82?
(a) In the restroom.
(b) By the sink.
(c) In a bag of rolls.
(d) On the counter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miranda's current best friend?
2. What grade is Miranda in?
3. What is the time period for WHEN YOU REACH ME?
4. What did the person in #39 tell Miranda after the person was punched?
5. What is one of the things on Miranda's mother's list of things she would do if she won the game show money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Annemarie's father and the special attention he provides for his daughter.
2. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
3. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
4. What are the two notes that Miranda finds and why are they so unsettling for Miranda?
5. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
6. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
7. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
8. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
9. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
10. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)