|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Miranda's mother's career goal?
(a) To live as an artist.
(b) To become an attorney.
(c) To become a teacher.
(d) To work as a writer.
2. Who is Sal?
(a) Miranda's best friend.
(b) The landlord.
(c) Miranda's brother.
(d) Richard's son.
3. What does Miranda do after each of the meetings in #26?
(a) Writes a letter to the landlord.
(b) Creates a party menu.
(c) Calls new tenants.
(d) Meets with the accountant.
4. Miranda finds another note which asks her to write about _______________________.
(a) working in a cafe.
(b) time travel.
(c) events that have not yet taken place.
(d) making coffee.
5. Miranda's mother is __________________.
(a) a singer.
(b) a single parent.
(c) an artist.
(d) a chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Miranda's mother is close to Richard she refuses to give him ___________________.
2. How did Quack get his nickname?
3. Why did the person in #39 get punched?
4. Miranda thinks she is named after ____________________.
5. What has Miranda received over the last few months?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
2. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
3. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
4. Why is Miranda startled upon returning home from school one day?
5. What does Miranda think she is named after?
6. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
7. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
8. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
9. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
10. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)