|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Richard?
(a) Miranda's boyfriend.
(b) Miranda's mother's boyfriend.
(c) Miranda's father.
(d) Miranda's brother.
2. How does Miranda feel about Annemarie's father?
3. What television show does Miranda's mother enjoy?
(a) The Price is Right.
(b) Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
(c) The $20,000 Pyramid.
4. How does Miranda know the boy in #63?
(a) He was in her kindergarten class.
(b) He is hall monitor during third period.
(c) He is in her art class.
(d) He is the one who punched Sal.
5. What is notable about Quack?
(a) He has really long arms.
(b) He is very tall.
(c) He is homeless.
(d) He has very long hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Miranda have in the sandwich shop?
2. Who convinces a sandwich shop owner to give jobs to Colin, Miranda and Annemarie?
3. What does Miranda do when she is afraid of someone on the street?
4. Why could Miranda's mother not finish her university education?
5. The author of the notes wants Miranda to mention ________________ in a story.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
2. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
3. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
4. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
5. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
6. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
7. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
8. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
9. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
10. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)