|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Annemarie's father give to Miranda but not to Annemarie?
(c) Apple cider.
2. Where does Miranda find a note in Chapter 17?
(a) In her backpack.
(b) In her purse.
(c) In the pocket of her coat.
(d) Sticking out of her school books.
3. Where has Miranda's mother hidden a key to the apartment?
(a) In the fire hose down the hall.
(b) Under the doormat.
(c) In a pot by the door.
(d) Under a rock in the grass.
4. How did Quack get his nickname?
(a) It rhymes with his last name.
(b) He has a honking laugh.
(c) He is really funny.
(d) He has odd behavior.
5. At what time of day was the show in #2 broadcast?
(a) Weekday mornings.
(b) Sunday mornings.
(c) Saturday afternoon.
(d) Weekday evenings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louisa regularly bring to Miranda's mother?
2. Who got punched one day on the way home from school?
3. Who is Miranda's mother's friend who lives in the apartment building?
4. What does Sal do alone after school?
5. Miranda finds another note which asks her to write about _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
2. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
3. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
4. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
5. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
6. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
7. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
8. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
9. What does Miranda think she is named after?
10. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)