|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda do when she is afraid of someone on the street?
(a) She crosses the street.
(b) She runs the other way.
(c) She talks on her cell phone.
(d) She asks the person what time it is.
2. Who is Miranda's first female friend?
3. How many times was the person in #39 punched?
(a) Four times.
(b) Seven times.
4. What is the time period for WHEN YOU REACH ME?
(a) Mid 1950s.
(c) Late 1970s.
(d) Early 1960s.
5. Who was Annemarie's best friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the kids that Miranda escorts in #62?
2. Miranda finds another note which asks her to write about _______________________.
3. Miranda thinks she is named after ____________________.
4. What does Miranda find at the sandwich shop?
5. Who is Miranda's mother's friend who lives in the apartment building?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
2. What does Miranda think she is named after?
3. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
4. What is the ceramic bank and what does it contain?
5. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
6. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
7. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
8. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
9. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
10. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)