|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annemarie's father's profession?
(a) Medical illustrator.
(b) Talk show host.
2. What is the topic of the note found in #75?
(a) Miranda is in love with Sal.
(b) Miranda has a secret admirer.
(c) Miranda is going to be voted class president.
(d) Miranda should write a letter about the house key.
3. What has Miranda been asked to do in one of the mystery notes?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Paint a picture.
(c) Make a phone call.
(d) Write a story.
4. Where does Miranda invite Annemarie in Chapter 19?
(b) The movies.
(c) Annemarie's apartment.
(d) The library.
5. Who is Colin?
(a) Miranda's cousin.
(b) A hall monitor.
(c) The editor of the school newsletter.
(d) A boy in Miranda's class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when the person in #39 gets punched?
2. What television show does Miranda's mother enjoy?
3. From whom does Miranda receive the notes?
4. What is Miranda's mother's current state of mind?
5. What job does Miranda have in the sandwich shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
2. What arrives at Miranda's apartment to fulfill the last note from the writer?
3. What does Miranda do when she encounters someone who frightens her?
4. What does Miranda realize about her friendship with Sal after all?
5. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
6. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
7. How does Miranda react to Julia's assertiveness in this section?
8. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
9. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
10. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)