|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda do when she is afraid of someone on the street?
(a) She runs the other way.
(b) She crosses the street.
(c) She asks the person what time it is.
(d) She talks on her cell phone.
2. What does Annemarie's father like to do?
3. What is Miranda's mother's current state of mind?
4. What is Miranda's mother's current job?
5. From whom does Miranda receive the notes?
(c) An anonymous person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miranda think her mother can get a lot of money?
2. Where does Miranda usually see Quack?
3. What television show does Miranda's mother enjoy?
4. Why did the person in #39 get punched?
5. How does Miranda feel about Annemarie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ceramic bank and what does it contain?
2. How do Miranda and her mother differ in their feelings about Miranda's mother marrying Richard?
3. What does Miranda see scratched into the mailbox after the homeless man saves Sal?
4. Why are Annemarie, Colin and Miranda fired from their jobs and what do they do to try to get them back?
5. What does Miranda finally realize about Marcus and Julia?
6. Why does Miranda start calling Julia "Swiss Miss"?
7. What do Marcus and Julia attempt to explain to Miranda one day?
8. What arrives at Miranda's apartment to fulfill the last note from the writer?
9. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
10. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)