|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when the person in #39 gets punched?
2. What was Miranda's mother's career goal?
(a) To live as an artist.
(b) To become an attorney.
(c) To work as a writer.
(d) To become a teacher.
3. Where has Miranda's mother hidden a key to the apartment?
(a) In a pot by the door.
(b) Under the doormat.
(c) In the fire hose down the hall.
(d) Under a rock in the grass.
4. What does Miranda's mother say is the only good thing about their apartment?
(a) It is cheap.
(b) The location.
(c) Low utility bills.
(d) Another single mother living downstairs.
5. Who convinces a sandwich shop owner to give jobs to Colin, Miranda and Annemarie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda ask the big boy who comes up behind her on the street?
2. Where does Miranda find a note in Chapter 17?
3. What is notable about Quack?
4. What has Miranda received over the last few months?
5. What does Miranda help her mother to practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
2. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
3. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
4. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
5. What does Miranda think she is named after?
6. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
7. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
8. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
9. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
10. What are the two notes that Miranda finds and why are they so unsettling for Miranda?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)