|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miranda's mother work?
(d) Law office.
2. What beverage does Annemarie's father give to Miranda but not to Annemarie?
(b) Apple cider.
3. What do Miranda and Richard help Miranda's mother do every night?
(a) Prepare lunches for the next day.
(b) Walk the dog.
(c) Do the supper dishes.
(d) Practice to be on the game show.
4. What causes Miranda and Sal to stop being friends?
(a) Miranda wants a girl for a friend.
(b) Sal got punched.
(c) Miranda does not want to go steady.
(d) Sal is in love.
5. The author of the notes wants Miranda to mention ________________ in a story.
(a) her favorite color.
(b) her career goals.
(c) her birthday.
(d) the location of a spare key.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Miranda's mother is close to Richard she refuses to give him ___________________.
2. Who punched the person in #39?
3. What is Miranda's mother's current state of mind?
4. What grade is Miranda in?
5. Where does the person in #50 ask Miranda to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
2. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
3. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
4. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
5. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
6. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
7. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
8. Who is Colin and what job does he get for himself, Miranda and Annemarie?
9. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
10. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)