|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Miranda's mother's career goal?
(a) To work as a writer.
(b) To live as an artist.
(c) To become an attorney.
(d) To become a teacher.
2. What does the shop owner give Colin, Miranda and Annemarie for payment?
(a) Five dollars.
(c) Movie tickets.
(d) A sandwich and soda.
3. Where does the person in #50 ask Miranda to go?
(a) To the library.
(b) To her house.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the fair.
4. What does Miranda help her mother to practice?
(d) Game show questions.
5. What do Miranda and Richard help Miranda's mother do every night?
(a) Practice to be on the game show.
(b) Prepare lunches for the next day.
(c) Do the supper dishes.
(d) Walk the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miranda think her mother can get a lot of money?
2. From whom does Miranda receive the notes?
3. Miranda's mother is __________________.
4. What does Miranda's mother take from her job?
5. What grade is Miranda in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
2. Describe what happens when Miranda sees Sal get punched by a big boy on the street.
3. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
4. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
5. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
6. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
7. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
8. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
9. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
10. Describe Annemarie's father and the special attention he provides for his daughter.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)