|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period for WHEN YOU REACH ME?
(a) Early 1960s.
(c) Mid 1950s.
(d) Late 1970s.
2. What does Miranda's mother think about the note?
(a) She thinks it is threatening.
(b) She thinks it was intended for someone else.
(c) She thinks it is mysterious.
(d) She thinks it is a love note.
3. Why did the person in #39 get punched?
(a) For shouting an obscenity.
(b) For no reason.
(c) For flirting with his girl.
(d) For tripping him.
4. What is Annemarie's father's profession?
(b) Talk show host.
(d) Medical illustrator.
5. Miranda thinks she is named after ____________________.
(a) her mother's childhood friend.
(b) a criminal.
(c) a mythical creature.
(d) a small town.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Miranda receive the notes?
2. Who got punched one day on the way home from school?
3. The date on which Miranda's mother will be asked to appear on a TV show is predicted accurately via _____________.
4. What has Miranda received over the last few months?
5. What does Sal do alone after school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
2. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
3. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
4. What is one of the things Miranda's mother would like to do with the money if she should win at the game show?
5. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
6. Who is Colin and what job does he get for himself, Miranda and Annemarie?
7. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
8. What are the circumstances in which Miranda becomes friends with Annemarie?
9. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
10. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)