|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Annemarie's father give to Miranda but not to Annemarie?
(a) Apple cider.
2. Where does Miranda find the item in #82?
(a) By the sink.
(b) In the restroom.
(c) In a bag of rolls.
(d) On the counter.
3. What does Miranda's mother think about the note?
(a) She thinks it is mysterious.
(b) She thinks it is a love note.
(c) She thinks it was intended for someone else.
(d) She thinks it is threatening.
4. The date on which Miranda's mother will be asked to appear on a TV show is predicted accurately via _____________.
(a) a note.
(b) a dream.
(c) a horoscope.
(d) a psychic prediction.
5. What type of television show is the show in #2?
(a) Soap opera.
(c) Reality show.
(d) Game show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Quack?
2. Who hosted the show in #2?
3. Why could Miranda's mother not finish her university education?
4. Even though Miranda's mother is close to Richard she refuses to give him ___________________.
5. What did the person in #39 tell Miranda after the person was punched?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
2. What is Miranda's job when she helps out in the school office?
3. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
4. Who is Colin and what job does he get for himself, Miranda and Annemarie?
5. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
6. How does the motif of time travel become introduced in the story?
7. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
8. Who is Marcus and what is his opinion on the book that Miranda always carries with her?
9. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
10. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)