|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What television show does Miranda's mother enjoy?
(b) Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
(c) The Price is Right.
(d) The $20,000 Pyramid.
2. What unique habit does Quack have?
(a) He can burp the Pledge of Allegiance.
(b) He can do one-handed cartwheels.
(c) He reads with his eyes closed.
(d) He sleeps with his head under a mailbox.
3. Where does Miranda volunteer to help in Chapter 13?
(a) The church office.
(b) The school office.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Her mother's office.
4. Whose mother wants to appear on the show in #2?
5. What does Miranda help her mother to practice?
(b) Game show questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miranda know the boy in #63?
2. What does Miranda discover when she comes home from school one day?
3. What is Miranda's mother's current state of mind?
4. The date on which Miranda's mother will be asked to appear on a TV show is predicted accurately via _____________.
5. How does Miranda feel about Annemarie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
2. Describe Miranda's encounter with the boy who punched Sal the day after Sal was hurt.
3. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
4. Where does Miranda find the first note and what is its content?
5. Who is Colin and what job does he get for himself, Miranda and Annemarie?
6. What does Miranda think she is named after?
7. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
8. What has Miranda not noticed about Sal's behavior lately that might indicate that he wanted to withdraw from her for awhile?
9. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
10. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)