|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miranda's mother's mood when she comes home from work in Chapter 26?
2. What is the content of the fourth note?
(a) For Miranda to write her story and give it to the writer of the notes.
(b) For Miranda to convince her mother to marry Richard.
(c) For Miranda to give Colin a chance to be her boyfriend.
(d) For Miranda to be nicer to Julia.
3. For what does Julia criticize Annemarie?
(a) Wearing red.
(b) Speaking with an accent.
(c) Eating the sandwiches at the sandwich shop.
(d) Having short hair.
4. What disease does Annemarie have?
5. What has someone left on Annemarie's doormat?
6. Miranda and __________________ make amends and become friends again in Chapter 40.
7. Why does Miranda get in trouble with her mother?
(a) She did not finish her book report.
(b) She did not clean her room.
(c) She got a low grade on her report card.
(d) She did not tell her mother she was going to Annemarie's.
8. What new nickname does Miranda have for Julia?
(a) Stoolie Julie.
(b) The J Factor.
(c) Swiss Miss.
(d) Nerdie Gerdie.
9. Miranda and her mother forget that Richard is supposed to meet them _________________.
(a) at the restaurant.
(b) at the library.
(c) at the museum.
(d) at the apartment.
10. Why are the kids stuck at school during lunch one day?
(a) A naked man is running wild in the area.
(b) A blizzard is hitting the area.
(c) A tornado warning has sounded.
(d) They have to rehearse for a special program.
11. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
(a) a military veteran.
(b) a single father.
(c) a philanthropist.
(d) prejudiced against black people.
12. Why does the sandwich shop owner ban the person in #129 from the shop?
(a) She/he is black.
(b) She/he has stolen from him.
(c) She/he is a troublemaker.
(d) She/he has been fired.
13. In Chapter 32, Miranda's roll count at the sandwich shop is _____________ short.
14. In Chapter 42, Miranda writes a note to _______________ in an attempt to make amends.
15. What is the name of Miranda's favorite book?
(a) The Yearling.
(b) The Red Badge of Courage.
(c) Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
(d) A Wrinkle in Time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would Miranda like to befriend?
2. What gift does Richard give Miranda?
3. Where does Annemarie's father invite Miranda?
4. In Chapter 35, Annemarie sleeps over at ______________ house.
5. What does Miranda discover at Julia's house?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)