|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Miranda's door in Chapter 43 to give her a kiss?
2. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
(a) a single father.
(b) a military veteran.
(c) a philanthropist.
(d) prejudiced against black people.
3. What do Miranda, Colin and Annemarie do when they realize how the sandwich shop owner feels about Julia?
(a) They tell their parents.
(b) They quit their jobs.
(c) They start a petition.
(d) They go on strike.
4. What does Miranda's mother practice in Chapter 21?
(b) Game show questions.
5. What does Miranda give to a homeless man when she walks home from school in Chapter 33?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) One dollar.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A soda.
6. What does Louisa tell Miranda when Louisa comes to Miranda's apartment in Chapter 26?
(a) She is having a Christmas party.
(b) Miranda's mother will be home late.
(c) Louisa misses Miranda.
(d) Sal has been really sick.
7. In Chapter 42, Miranda writes a note to _______________ in an attempt to make amends.
8. Who makes Annemarie's lunch for her every day?
(b) The cook.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
9. What does Miranda notice about Sal when she walks home from school behind him in Chapter 28?
(a) He is texting.
(b) He seems sad.
(c) He has a limp.
(d) He is frightened when he sees Marcus.
10. What does Miranda's mother tell Miranda about Richard in Chapter 34?
(a) Richard was in a car accident.
(b) Richard is moving out of state.
(c) Richard wants to get married.
(d) Richard got a promotion.
11. Why does the sandwich shop owner ban the person in #129 from the shop?
(a) She/he has been fired.
(b) She/he is black.
(c) She/he has stolen from him.
(d) She/he is a troublemaker.
12. For what does Julia criticize Annemarie?
(a) Eating the sandwiches at the sandwich shop.
(b) Speaking with an accent.
(c) Having short hair.
(d) Wearing red.
13. Who saves the person in #151?
(a) The paramedics.
(b) The homeless man.
(d) A mailman.
14. What shocks Miranda the morning after the sleepover?
(a) Her mother gets up early to cook breakfast.
(b) There has been a big snowstorm.
(c) Sal knocks on the door.
(d) Quack is in the apartment.
15. What is Miranda afraid of in Chapter 25?
(a) That her mother will want to move out of state.
(b) That her mother will marry Richard.
(c) That Annemarie will want to be Julia's best friend again.
(d) That her mother won't get on the game show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the homeless man ask Annemarie about in Chapter 33?
2. In Chapter 35, Annemarie sleeps over at ______________ house.
3. Where do Miranda and her mother go for entertainment in Chapter 40?
4. What is notable about the gift in #134?
5. Why does the person in #117 make Annemarie's lunch every day?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)