|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miranda go to Julia's house in Chapter 44?
(a) To bake a cake for Annemarie's birthday.
(b) To work on their scrapbooks.
(c) To study together.
(d) For a sleepover.
2. What does Annemarie's father bring to the sleepover?
(a) Board games.
(b) Special food.
(c) Soft drinks.
(d) Sleeping bag.
3. Who does the sandwich shop owner ban from the shop?
4. Why are the kids stuck at school during lunch one day?
(a) They have to rehearse for a special program.
(b) A naked man is running wild in the area.
(c) A blizzard is hitting the area.
(d) A tornado warning has sounded.
5. Miranda and __________________ make amends and become friends again in Chapter 40.
6. What is notable about the gift in #134?
(a) It is her favorite recording artist.
(b) It is signed by the author.
(c) It is a formal style.
(d) It is a deluxe set.
7. Why do Annemarie, Miranda and Colin give a card to the owner of the sandwich shop?
(a) His mother died.
(b) It is Christmas.
(c) They want their jobs back.
(d) It is his birthday.
8. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
(a) prejudiced against black people.
(b) a military veteran.
(c) a single father.
(d) a philanthropist.
9. Who does not recognize Miranda in the hall at school?
10. Who makes Annemarie's lunch for her every day?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) The cook.
11. Why does the sandwich shop owner ban the person in #129 from the shop?
(a) She/he is black.
(b) She/he is a troublemaker.
(c) She/he has been fired.
(d) She/he has stolen from him.
12. What does the person in #113 do when seeing Marcus?
(b) Runs away.
(d) Turns in a panic.
13. Who would Miranda like to befriend?
14. Richard cannot find __________________ that he left in the apartment.
(a) an umbrella.
(b) a deck of cards.
(c) a cigarette lighter.
(d) a pair of shoes.
15. What does the homeless man ask Annemarie about in Chapter 33?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A burn scale.
(d) A TV program.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miranda feel about what happens to Julia in #93?
2. Julia's family has just returned from a trip to ___________________.
3. Why does Miranda get in trouble with her mother?
4. What gift does Richard give Miranda?
5. In Chapter 32, Miranda's roll count at the sandwich shop is _____________ short.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)