|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miranda go to Julia's house in Chapter 44?
(a) To study together.
(b) To bake a cake for Annemarie's birthday.
(c) For a sleepover.
(d) To work on their scrapbooks.
2. Why does Miranda take a girl in her class to the bathroom?
(a) The girl is in a wheelchair.
(b) The girl is new to the school.
(c) The girl is too shy to ask.
(d) The girl is on crutches.
3. What does Louisa tell Miranda when Louisa comes to Miranda's apartment in Chapter 26?
(a) Miranda's mother will be home late.
(b) She is having a Christmas party.
(c) Louisa misses Miranda.
(d) Sal has been really sick.
4. What food is Annemarie not supposed to eat?
5. Miranda, Colin and Annemarie realize that the sandwich shop owner is __________________.
(a) a philanthropist.
(b) a single father.
(c) a military veteran.
(d) prejudiced against black people.
6. What is the name of Miranda's favorite book?
(a) The Red Badge of Courage.
(b) A Wrinkle in Time.
(c) The Yearling.
(d) Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
7. The sandwich shop owner refuses to give _______________ a job.
8. Who does the sandwich shop owner ban from the shop?
9. Which of the following is NOT one of the words in #153?
10. What does Miranda notice about Sal when she walks home from school behind him in Chapter 28?
(a) He has a limp.
(b) He is frightened when he sees Marcus.
(c) He seems sad.
(d) He is texting.
11. What holiday is it in Chapter 38?
(a) Fourth of July.
(c) New Year's.
12. How does Miranda feel about what happens to Julia in #93?
13. Who nearly runs over Miranda and Marcus as they talk one day?
14. Where do Miranda and her mother go for entertainment in Chapter 40?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The movies.
(d) The theater.
15. What do Miranda, Colin and Annemarie do when they realize how the sandwich shop owner feels about Julia?
(a) They go on strike.
(b) They quit their jobs.
(c) They tell their parents.
(d) They start a petition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the sandwich shop owner ban the person in #129 from the shop?
2. Who does not recognize Miranda in the hall at school?
3. Who makes Annemarie's lunch for her every day?
4. Where is the last note found?
5. In Chapter 32, Miranda's roll count at the sandwich shop is _____________ short.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)