|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the homeless man ask Annemarie about in Chapter 33?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A burn scale.
(c) A TV program.
(d) Her mother.
2. Richard cannot find __________________ that he left in the apartment.
(a) a pair of shoes.
(b) a deck of cards.
(c) an umbrella.
(d) a cigarette lighter.
3. Who comes to Miranda's door in Chapter 43 to give her a kiss?
4. What do Miranda and her mother think may have happened to the item in #99?
5. All the mysterious notes have mentioned that the note's writer is _________________________.
(a) coming to save the whales.
(b) coming to save the world.
(c) coming to save a friend of Miranda's.
(d) coming to save non-believers.
6. What does Miranda's mother tell Miranda about Richard in Chapter 34?
(a) Richard got a promotion.
(b) Richard is moving out of state.
(c) Richard wants to get married.
(d) Richard was in a car accident.
7. Miranda calls Annemarie from _________________.
(a) her home phone.
(b) her cell phone.
(c) the sandwich shop phone.
(d) a payphone.
8. What is notable about the gift in #134?
(a) It is signed by the author.
(b) It is a deluxe set.
(c) It is her favorite recording artist.
(d) It is a formal style.
9. What happens to Miranda, Colin and Annemarie's jobs at the sandwich shop?
(a) They get more responsibility.
(b) They get more hours.
(c) They get more money.
(d) They are fired.
10. Who does not recognize Miranda in the hall at school?
11. Why does Marcus tell Miranda that he hit Sal?
(a) Because he flirted with his girlfriend.
(b) Because he called him an obscene name.
(c) Mostly to see what would happen.
(d) Because he tripped him.
12. Who is nearly hit by a truck in Chapter 45?
13. What gift does Richard give Miranda?
(a) A book.
(b) A dress.
14. What does Miranda find in the pocket of her winter coat in Chapter 30?
(a) A note.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A ticket stub.
15. What does Miranda discover at Julia's house?
(a) The ceramic bank.
(b) A recipe for great popcorn balls.
(c) Julia has a royal heritage.
(d) A copy of Miranda's favorite book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Annemarie, Miranda and Colin give a card to the owner of the sandwich shop?
2. Miranda and her mother forget that Richard is supposed to meet them _________________.
3. What holiday is it in Chapter 38?
4. Where do Miranda and her mother go for entertainment in Chapter 40?
5. Who nearly runs over Miranda and Marcus as they talk one day?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)