|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Miranda's favorite book?
(a) The Yearling.
(b) Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
(c) A Wrinkle in Time.
(d) The Red Badge of Courage.
2. What is Miranda afraid of in Chapter 25?
(a) That Annemarie will want to be Julia's best friend again.
(b) That her mother will want to move out of state.
(c) That her mother will marry Richard.
(d) That her mother won't get on the game show.
3. Why do Annemarie, Miranda and Colin give a card to the owner of the sandwich shop?
(a) It is his birthday.
(b) His mother died.
(c) It is Christmas.
(d) They want their jobs back.
4. Miranda and __________________ make amends and become friends again in Chapter 40.
5. Where does Miranda find the missing rolls?
(a) In her purse.
(b) In Annemarie's coat pockets.
(c) In the trash.
(d) In Colin's knapsack.
6. Miranda sees words scratched into the surface of ____________________.
(a) the mailbox.
(b) a car.
(c) a window.
(d) a sign.
7. What does Miranda's mother tell Miranda about Richard in Chapter 34?
(a) Richard got a promotion.
(b) Richard wants to get married.
(c) Richard was in a car accident.
(d) Richard is moving out of state.
8. Where do Miranda and her mother go for entertainment in Chapter 40?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The movies.
(d) The theater.
9. Julia's family has just returned from a trip to ___________________.
10. Where is the last note found?
(a) In a cereal box.
(b) In a mailbox.
(c) In a coffee cup.
(d) In Richard's shoe.
11. What is the content of the fourth note?
(a) For Miranda to be nicer to Julia.
(b) For Miranda to convince her mother to marry Richard.
(c) For Miranda to give Colin a chance to be her boyfriend.
(d) For Miranda to write her story and give it to the writer of the notes.
12. What gift does Richard give Miranda?
(c) A book.
(d) A dress.
13. Who would Miranda like to befriend?
14. Why does Miranda get in trouble with her mother?
(a) She did not clean her room.
(b) She did not finish her book report.
(c) She did not tell her mother she was going to Annemarie's.
(d) She got a low grade on her report card.
15. All the mysterious notes have mentioned that the note's writer is _________________________.
(a) coming to save non-believers.
(b) coming to save the world.
(c) coming to save the whales.
(d) coming to save a friend of Miranda's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has someone left on Annemarie's doormat?
2. Richard cannot find __________________ that he left in the apartment.
3. How does Miranda feel about what happens to Julia in #93?
4. What do Miranda and her mother think may have happened to the item in #99?
5. Where does Annemarie's father invite Miranda?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)