|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meeting is held each month in the apartment building?
(a) A budget meeting.
(b) A tenants meeting.
(c) A hospitality meeting.
(d) A safety meeting.
2. Why could Miranda's mother not finish her university education?
(a) She had a baby.
(b) She ran out of money.
(c) She got ill.
(d) She lost interest.
3. Who convinces a sandwich shop owner to give jobs to Colin, Miranda and Annemarie?
4. What is Annemarie's father's profession?
(c) Talk show host.
(d) Medical illustrator.
5. What has Miranda been asked to do in one of the mystery notes?
(a) Paint a picture.
(b) Write a story.
(c) Make a phone call.
(d) Read a book.
6. What does Miranda's mother say is the only good thing about their apartment?
(a) Another single mother living downstairs.
(b) Low utility bills.
(c) It is cheap.
(d) The location.
7. Where does Miranda invite Annemarie in Chapter 19?
(a) Annemarie's apartment.
(b) The library.
(d) The movies.
8. What is one of the things on Miranda's mother's list of things she would do if she won the game show money?
(a) Buy a new house.
(b) Buy a new wardrobe.
(c) Buy a new car.
(d) Take a trip to China.
9. Who is Colin?
(a) Miranda's cousin.
(b) A boy in Miranda's class.
(c) A hall monitor.
(d) The editor of the school newsletter.
10. Who is Miranda's mother's friend who lives in the apartment building?
11. What beverage does Annemarie's father give to Miranda but not to Annemarie?
(d) Apple cider.
12. What job does Miranda have in the sandwich shop?
(a) Taking orders.
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Counting rolls.
(d) Dispensing soda.
13. What does Miranda discover when she comes home from school one day?
(a) Her mother is baking brownies.
(b) A surprise birthday party.
(c) The apartment door is unlocked.
(d) The apartment is flooded.
14. What does Miranda find at the sandwich shop?
(a) Another note.
(b) Her backpack.
(c) Spare change.
(d) An iPod.
15. How does Miranda's mother feel about their apartment?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She really likes it.
(c) She thinks it is conveniently located.
(d) She finds it comfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miranda usually see Quack?
2. Who punched the person in #39?
3. What does the shop owner give Colin, Miranda and Annemarie for payment?
4. How does Miranda feel about her apartment?
5. How does Miranda know the boy in #63?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)