|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda do when she is afraid of someone on the street?
(a) She asks the person what time it is.
(b) She runs the other way.
(c) She crosses the street.
(d) She talks on her cell phone.
2. What causes Miranda and Sal to stop being friends?
(a) Miranda wants a girl for a friend.
(b) Sal is in love.
(c) Sal got punched.
(d) Miranda does not want to go steady.
3. What does Annemarie's father like to do?
4. At what time of day was the show in #2 broadcast?
(a) Saturday afternoon.
(b) Weekday mornings.
(c) Sunday mornings.
(d) Weekday evenings.
5. How does Miranda's mother feel about their apartment?
(a) She really likes it.
(b) She thinks it is conveniently located.
(c) She finds it comfortable.
(d) She hates it.
6. Who is Richard?
(a) Miranda's father.
(b) Miranda's boyfriend.
(c) Miranda's mother's boyfriend.
(d) Miranda's brother.
7. Where does Miranda volunteer to help in Chapter 13?
(a) The church office.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The school office.
(d) Her mother's office.
8. What is Miranda's mother's current state of mind?
9. Who is Miranda's current best friend?
10. What does Marcus tell Miranda might be possible?
(a) Time travel.
(b) Lo-cal chocolate cake.
(c) Peace on earth.
(d) Love at first sight.
11. Miranda always carries around a book about ___________________.
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) time travel.
12. What has Miranda been asked to do in one of the mystery notes?
(a) Write a story.
(b) Make a phone call.
(c) Paint a picture.
(d) Read a book.
13. Where does Miranda find a note in Chapter 17?
(a) In her purse.
(b) In the pocket of her coat.
(c) Sticking out of her school books.
(d) In her backpack.
14. Who punched the person in #39?
(b) A big boy.
15. How does Miranda know the boy in #63?
(a) He is the one who punched Sal.
(b) He is hall monitor during third period.
(c) He is in her art class.
(d) He was in her kindergarten class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times was the person in #39 punched?
2. What do Miranda and her mother note is missing later that evening?
3. Why could Miranda's mother not finish her university education?
4. What do Miranda and Richard help Miranda's mother do every night?
5. Where does Miranda's mother work?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)