|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author of the notes wants Miranda to mention ________________ in a story.
(a) the location of a spare key.
(b) her birthday.
(c) her favorite color.
(d) her career goals.
2. What does Miranda help her mother to practice?
(c) Game show questions.
3. Where does Miranda's mother work?
(c) Law office.
4. What do Miranda and Richard help Miranda's mother do every night?
(a) Walk the dog.
(b) Practice to be on the game show.
(c) Do the supper dishes.
(d) Prepare lunches for the next day.
5. What does Sal do alone after school?
(a) Plays basketball.
(b) Plays the piano.
(d) Watches TV.
6. What causes Miranda and Sal to stop being friends?
(a) Sal got punched.
(b) Sal is in love.
(c) Miranda wants a girl for a friend.
(d) Miranda does not want to go steady.
7. What does Miranda do after each of the meetings in #26?
(a) Meets with the accountant.
(b) Writes a letter to the landlord.
(c) Creates a party menu.
(d) Calls new tenants.
8. What is the time period for WHEN YOU REACH ME?
(a) Mid 1950s.
(c) Late 1970s.
(d) Early 1960s.
9. Who is one of the kids that Miranda escorts in #62?
10. How does Miranda feel about Annemarie's father?
11. Miranda finds another note which asks her to write about _______________________.
(a) making coffee.
(b) time travel.
(c) events that have not yet taken place.
(d) working in a cafe.
12. How many times was the person in #39 punched?
(a) Four times.
(c) Seven times.
13. How does Miranda feel about her apartment?
14. Where does Miranda find the item in #82?
(a) On the counter.
(b) By the sink.
(c) In a bag of rolls.
(d) In the restroom.
15. What grade is Miranda in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Miranda's mother's career goal?
2. Miranda's mother is __________________.
3. What is one of the things on Miranda's mother's list of things she would do if she won the game show money?
4. What has Miranda been asked to do in one of the mystery notes?
5. What does Miranda discover when she comes home from school one day?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)