Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-4
1. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
2. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
3. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
4. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
5. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
6. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
7. What does Miranda think she is named after?
This section contains 873 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)