Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
2. What does Miranda compare the game show postcard to in Chapter 1?
3. Explain Miranda's mother's situation regarding her job and personal life.
4. Where do Miranda and her mother keep a spare key to the apartment?
5. Who is the main character of WHEN YOU REACH ME?
6. Why is Miranda's mother so sad about her life?
7. What does Miranda think she is named after?
8. What do Miranda and Richard do with Miranda's mother each evening?
9. What does Miranda's mother think is the only good thing about living in their apartment building?
10. What is the content of the mysterious notes and who is writing them?
11. Who is Sal and what is his role in Miranda's life?
12. Who is Quack and how does Miranda know him?
13. What is the nature of Miranda's mother's relationship with Richard?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)