• Miranda is a sixth grade student in the late 1970s and lives with her single-parent mother in an apartment building in New York City.
• Miranda compares a postcard which has come from the producers of the game show, The $20,000 Pyramid, to one of four odd notes she has received over the past few months.
• One of the notes accurately predicts the date on which Miranda's mother will be asked to appear on the game show.
• Miranda's mother works as a receptionist in a law firm and is very unhappy in her job.
• Miranda recalls being locked out of her apartment after school because she lost her key, so Miranda's mother has hidden a key in the fire hose down the hall from their apartment.
• Miranda has been asked in one of the mystery notes to not mention this key in the story she has been asked...
This section contains 1,801 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)