|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
2. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
3. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
(a) Lady Beaton immediately says yes.
(b) Lady Beaton recoils with suspicion.
(c) Lady Beaton immediately leaves Christopher's presence.
(d) Lady Beaton laughs out loud.
4. What does Christopher remember about the days immediately following his failure to take the lotion back to Ling Tien's room?
(a) Christopher remembers being concerned for his father.
(b) Christopher remembers being concerned about Akira.
(c) Christopher remembers being concerned for his mother.
(d) Christopher does not remember anything of those days.
5. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
(a) His mother.
(d) Inspector Kung.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
3. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
4. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
5. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Emery case wrap up?
2. Where is Charles Emery's body found?
3. How is Christopher's relationship with Mei Li transformed by his mother's abduction?
4. Who is the plump-faced man in Christopher's newspaper photograph?
5. What does Christopher remember about the days following his father's disappearance?
6. How does Christopher receive his magnifying glass?
7. Why does Christopher consider inviting Chamberlain to the Dorchester "the height of inconsideration?"
8. What happens after Uncle Philip leaves Christopher?
9. Describe the opium campaign meetings.
10. How does Christopher spend his time in the summer of 1923?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)