|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
(a) In a cigar box.
(b) In his scrapbook.
(c) In his icebox.
(d) In his wallet.
2. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
(a) Christopher's mother proposes that Christopher take Akira with him.
(b) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he must first put on proper shoes and a jacket.
(c) Christopher's mother tells Christopher to be proud of his father.
(d) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he may not go into town.
3. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
(a) Old chap.
4. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
(a) His mother.
(d) Inspector Kung.
5. Where does Jennifer live before Christopher adopts her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher remember about the days immediately following his failure to take the lotion back to Ling Tien's room?
2. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
3. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
4. What game do Christopher and Akira invent?
5. What is the Banks' "library" like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ling Tien.
2. How does Christopher receive his magnifying glass?
3. Describe Christopher's residence in 1937.
4. Why does Christopher consider inviting Chamberlain to the Dorchester "the height of inconsideration?"
5. What does Akira believe about Ling Tien?
6. How is Jennifer's nanny selected?
7. What happens to Christopher and Sarah at David Corbett's luncheon on Lower Regent Street?
8. Describe Christopher's reunion with Colonel Chamberlain.
9. When Christopher finally sees Akira after Mr. Banks disappearance, how does Akira behave?
10. How does Uncle Philip set the stage for Christopher's mother's abduction?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)