|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Akira respond when Christopher asks him if he will have to go and live in Japan?
(a) Akira says he will go to Japan in two years.
(b) Akira says he will got to Japan in four years.
(c) Akira says he will stay in Shanghai forever.
(d) Akira says he will go to Japan in one year.
2. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
(a) Cold and rainy.
(b) Sunny and windy.
(c) Hot and humid.
3. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
4. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A very fancy restaurant.
(b) A modest inn.
(c) A quaint tea room.
(d) A public house.
5. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
2. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
3. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
4. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
5. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Emery case wrap up?
2. What does Akira say when Christopher asks if his parents sometime stop talking to each other?
3. How does Miss Hemmings gain admittance to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. How does Christopher spend his time in the summer of 1923?
5. How is Jennifer's nanny selected?
6. Describe the opium campaign meetings.
7. How does Akira feel after stealing Ling Tien's lotion?
8. Describe Christopher's residence in 1937.
9. What is significant about the disappearance of Jennifer's trunk?
10. What kinds of presents does Uncle Philip give Christopher when the boy comes to visit his office?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)