|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
2. Who first tells Christopher about Jennifer?
(a) Colonel Chamberlain.
(b) Lady Beaton.
(c) Mrs. Givens.
(d) Sarah Hemmings.
3. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A very fancy restaurant.
(b) A public house.
(c) A quaint tea room.
(d) A modest inn.
4. According to Osbourne, Christopher always used to quiz him about what?
(a) Osbourne's study regimen.
(b) Osbourne's being "well-connected."
(c) Osbourne's diet.
(d) Osbourne's romantic conquests.
5. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
(a) On the uppermost floor of the house.
(b) In London.
(c) Next door to Uncle Philip's office.
(d) At the British consulate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of publishing does Osbourne say he is thinking of going into?
2. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
3. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
4. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
5. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sarah Hemmings treat Christopher at the Mayfair flat?
2. When Christopher finally sees Akira after Mr. Banks disappearance, how does Akira behave?
3. Who is Uncle Philip?
4. How does the Emery case wrap up?
5. How is Christopher put in a difficult position when Uncle Philip suggests a trip to the racecourse?
6. Describe an instance of Mr. Banks boasting.
7. What happens to Christopher and Sarah at David Corbett's luncheon on Lower Regent Street?
8. What happens after Uncle Philip leaves Christopher?
9. How does Akira feel after stealing Ling Tien's lotion?
10. How is Christopher and Akira's friendship when Akira returns from Japan?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)