|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
(a) Holding hands.
2. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
(a) The silver-haired man offers to tell Christopher who everyone is and introduce him if he likes.
(b) The silver-haired man offers to loan Christopher his car.
(c) The silver-haired man offers to sneak Christopher out of the party through the back door.
(d) The silver-haired man offers Christopher his shoes.
3. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
(a) Akira goes to a Chinese concentration camp.
(b) Akira vanishes, and Christopher never learns where he goes.
(c) Akira goes to London.
(d) Akira goes to school in Japan.
4. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a pain in the neck.
(b) As a matter of solemn importance.
(c) As a completely irrelevant matter.
(d) As a triffling matter.
5. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
(a) Lady Beaton immediately says yes.
(b) Lady Beaton laughs out loud.
(c) Lady Beaton recoils with suspicion.
(d) Lady Beaton immediately leaves Christopher's presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
2. When does Christopher speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding?
3. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
4. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
5. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ling Tien.
2. How is Christopher put in a difficult position when Uncle Philip suggests a trip to the racecourse?
3. What does Akira believe about Ling Tien?
4. What happens after Uncle Philip leaves Christopher?
5. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
6. How does Miss Hemmings gain admittance to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
7. How does the Emery case wrap up?
8. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
9. How does Christopher receive his magnifying glass?
10. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)