|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
(b) Hyde Park.
(d) Knotting Hill.
2. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
(a) She has blindfolded herself.
(b) The drawing room is very dark.
(c) She is dizzy.
(d) She is blind.
3. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
(a) Akira goes to a Chinese concentration camp.
(b) Akira vanishes, and Christopher never learns where he goes.
(c) Akira goes to London.
(d) Akira goes to school in Japan.
4. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a motorcar.
(c) On bicycles.
(d) In a carriage.
5. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
(a) In London.
(b) At the British consulate.
(c) On the uppermost floor of the house.
(d) Next door to Uncle Philip's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
2. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
3. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
4. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
5. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christopher's reunion with Colonel Chamberlain.
2. Describe Ling Tien.
3. Describe the game Christopher and Akira invent.
4. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of Wang Ku's visit?
5. When Christopher finally sees Akira after Mr. Banks disappearance, how does Akira behave?
6. How does Christopher tend to remember his boyhood companion Akira?
7. Describe the opium campaign meetings.
8. Describe Christopher's residence in 1937.
9. How does Akira feel after stealing Ling Tien's lotion?
10. Who is Uncle Philip?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)