|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Part III?
(a) April 30, 1931.
(b) November 30, 1937.
(c) Novermber 8, 1931.
(d) April 12, 1937.
2. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher says he has not been invited himself.
(b) Christopher says he must think about it.
(c) Christopher accepts.
(d) Christopher declines.
3. How does old Christopher recognize Wang Ku in the photograph?
(a) Wang Ku was a household name when he was growing up in Shanghai.
(b) Wang Ku paid a visit to Christopher's mother in Shanghai.
(c) Wang Ku solicited Christopher's assistance as a detective.
(d) Wang Ku was a frequent visitor at Akira's home in Shanghai.
4. How many days pass before Christopher sees Akira on Etsuko's bicycle?
(a) Two or three days.
(b) Five or six days.
(c) One or two days.
(d) Three or four days.
5. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher and Sarah leave in love with one another.
(b) Christopher and Sarah leave suspicious of one another.
(c) Christopher and Sarah leave quite angry with one another.
(d) Christopher and Sarah leave on friendly terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
2. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
3. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
4. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christopher spend his time in the summer of 1923?
2. Describe an instance of Mr. Banks boasting.
3. Where is Charles Emery's body found?
4. How does Sarah Hemmings treat Christopher at the Mayfair flat?
5. How does Uncle Philip set the stage for Christopher's mother's abduction?
6. Describe Sir Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation Dinner.
7. What is significant about the disappearance of Jennifer's trunk?
8. How is Christopher's relationship with Mei Li transformed by his mother's abduction?
9. How does Christopher receive his magnifying glass?
10. Describe Christopher's residence in 1937.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)