|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
(a) Christopher remembers that Akira's house was very dilapidated.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very similar to his family's from an architectural standpoint.
(c) Strangely, Christopher has no recollection of his best friend's house.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be exactly the opposite of his family's.
2. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
(a) A bonzai tree.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A maple tree.
3. How does Christopher get back to his house?
(a) Christopher runs home.
(b) Christopher rides his bicycle.
(c) Christopher hails a taxi.
(d) Christopher walks.
4. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
5. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
(a) Christopher's father.
(b) Uncle Philip.
(c) Christopher's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
2. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
3. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
4. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christopher's residence in 1937.
2. What happens to Christopher and Sarah at David Corbett's luncheon on Lower Regent Street?
3. How does Uncle Philip set the stage for Christopher's mother's abduction?
4. Describe an instance of Mr. Banks boasting.
5. How is Christopher's relationship with Mei Li transformed by his mother's abduction?
6. How is Jennifer's nanny selected?
7. Where is Christopher's father's study and what are the rules about it?
8. What happens after Uncle Philip leaves Christopher?
9. What does Akira believe about Ling Tien?
10. How does Christopher tend to remember his boyhood companion Akira?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)