|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
(a) Uncle Philip buys Christopher an ice cream cone.
(b) Uncle Philip buys Christopher and accordion.
(c) Uncle Philip begins laughing hysterically.
(d) Uncle Philip abandons Christopher in the crowd.
2. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
(a) He says Christopher is too irresponsible to be a Sherlock.
(b) He says Christopher is too short to be a Sherlock.
(c) He says Christopher is too poor to be a Sherlock.
(d) He says Christopher is too fat to be a Sherlock.
3. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
4. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
(a) On foot.
(b) On bicycles.
(c) In a motorcar.
(d) In a carriage.
5. When does Christopher speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding?
(a) During the service.
(b) After the service.
(c) Before the service.
(d) Christopher does not speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
2. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
3. What game do Christopher and Akira invent?
4. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
5. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christopher consider inviting Chamberlain to the Dorchester "the height of inconsideration?"
2. Describe Christopher's meeting with the silver-haired man.
3. How is Christopher and Akira's friendship when Akira returns from Japan?
4. What does Akira believe about Ling Tien?
5. What is significant about the disappearance of Jennifer's trunk?
6. When Christopher finally sees Akira after Mr. Banks disappearance, how does Akira behave?
7. How is Jennifer's nanny selected?
8. What does Sarah tell Christopher about marriage?
9. What is the "dining room episode?"
10. What are Christopher's earliest encounters with Sarah like?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)