|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
(a) Christopher discovers his mother has been abducted.
(b) Christopher discover his house has been burned to the ground.
(c) Christopher discovers his father has returned home.
(d) Christopher discovers Akira waiting for him.
2. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
(a) The silver-haired man offers to sneak Christopher out of the party through the back door.
(b) The silver-haired man offers to loan Christopher his car.
(c) The silver-haired man offers to tell Christopher who everyone is and introduce him if he likes.
(d) The silver-haired man offers Christopher his shoes.
3. How old are Akira and Christopher when they finally enter Ling Tien's room?
4. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(b) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
(c) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
(d) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
5. What does Jennifer just barely avoid knocking over?
(a) A flower pot.
(b) A lamp.
(c) The coffee table.
(d) The display cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
2. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
3. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
4. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
5. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's parents?
2. Describe Ling Tien.
3. What is the "dining room episode?"
4. What does Akira believe about Ling Tien?
5. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
6. Describe two examples of what Christopher refers to as "someone disapproving him and only just managing to conceal it."
7. What kinds of presents does Uncle Philip give Christopher when the boy comes to visit his office?
8. Who is Uncle Philip?
9. How is Christopher and Akira's friendship when Akira returns from Japan?
10. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)