|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
(a) That his mother is about to yell at his father.
(b) That his mother is having a stroke.
(c) That he is about to be scolded.
(d) That his mother is about to surprise him.
2. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
(b) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(c) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(d) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
3. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A cricket bat.
(c) A croquet set.
(d) A woopie cushion.
4. According to Osbourne, Christopher always used to quiz him about what?
(a) Osbourne's diet.
(b) Osbourne's study regimen.
(c) Osbourne's being "well-connected."
(d) Osbourne's romantic conquests.
5. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
(a) Age seven.
(b) Age six.
(c) Age five.
(d) Age eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
3. How does Akira respond when Christopher asks him if he will have to go and live in Japan?
4. What is the name of the road whose side streets are so heavily trafficked?
5. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)