|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
(a) Christopher's mother proposes that Christopher take Akira with him.
(b) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he may not go into town.
(c) Christopher's mother tells Christopher to be proud of his father.
(d) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he must first put on proper shoes and a jacket.
2. What is the truth about Christopher's mother?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She runs away to the United States.
(c) Wang Ku takes her as his concubine.
(d) Uncle Philip shoots her.
3. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
(a) Osbourne insults Christopher's cooking.
(b) Osbourne breaks Christopher's china.
(c) Osbourne claims Christopher was "such an odd bird in school."
(d) Osbourne calls Christopher's mother a "loose woman."
4. How old are Akira and Christopher when they finally enter Ling Tien's room?
5. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(b) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(c) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(d) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
2. What do the Japanese soldiers do with Christopher?
3. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
4. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
5. What kind of publishing does Osbourne say he is thinking of going into?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)