|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Get rid of the servants.
(b) Leave Shanghai immediately.
(c) Watch the New Year's parade.
(d) Leave her husband.
2. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
(a) Cold and rainy.
(b) Hot and humid.
(c) Sunny and windy.
3. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Charles Emory.
(d) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
4. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
(a) Akira's incessant harping on the achievements of the Japanese.
(b) Akira's overblown appreciation of his personal virtues.
(c) Akira's preoccupation with his bodily functions.
(d) Akira's tendency to disappear for long periods of time.
5. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) A woopie cushion.
(b) A croquet set.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A cricket bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
2. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
3. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
4. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
5. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)