|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
(a) The ugliest man she has ever seen.
(b) A very charming man.
(c) A fine man.
(d) An agent of the devil.
2. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
(b) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
(c) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
(d) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
3. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
(a) Christopher's parents.
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) Morganbrook and Byatt.
4. What are the date and location of Part IV?
(a) September 1, 1931 in London.
(b) September 15, 1931 in Shanghai.
(c) September 20, 1937 in Shanghai.
(d) November 8, 1958 in London
5. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
(a) Their backyard.
(b) Downtown Shanghai.
(c) The Public Gardens.
(d) Mr. Banks's study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
2. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
3. What are the date and location of Part V?
4. What becomes of Ling Tien's bottle of lotion?
5. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)