|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher suspect happened to Akira in Japan?
(a) Christopher suspects Akira was unable to learn Japanese.
(b) Christopher suspects Akira failed to apply himself to his studies.
(c) Christopher suspects Akira made many friends and was sad to leave.
(d) Christopher suspects Akira was mercilessly ostracised for his "foreignness."
2. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She has a powerful temper.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is strong.
(d) She knows a secret about Akira.
3. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
(a) Christopher is upset by the story.
(b) The story makes Christopher afraid of Akira.
(c) Christopher is highly pleased by the story.
(d) The story inspires Christopher to dabble in magic.
4. What makes it difficult to recognize Uncle Philip when Christopher reunites with him?
(a) Uncle Philip wears make-up to make him appear Chinese.
(b) Uncle Philip now dresses in women's clothing.
(c) Uncle Philip has put on weight over the years.
(d) Uncle Philip's eyes have been cut out.
5. How does Christopher know when he has found the blind man's house?
(a) Christopher is told by a man in the street.
(b) Christopher recognizes the house from his childhood.
(c) Christopher finds a board on the ground bearing the blind man's name.
(d) Christopher feels it intuitively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher find in the house?
2. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's father?
3. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
4. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
5. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)