|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
(a) They are old school friends.
(b) They belong to the same club.
(c) They are cricket teammates.
(d) They play football together.
2. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) A bonzai tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) An oak tree.
3. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
(a) That his mother is about to surprise him.
(b) That his mother is about to yell at his father.
(c) That his mother is having a stroke.
(d) That he is about to be scolded.
4. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher and Sarah leave on friendly terms.
(b) Christopher and Sarah leave suspicious of one another.
(c) Christopher and Sarah leave quite angry with one another.
(d) Christopher and Sarah leave in love with one another.
5. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Diffident and high-minded.
(b) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(c) Arrogant and boisterous.
(d) Sullen and pessimistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Uncle Philip encourage Christopher to go with him to see?
2. What makes it difficult to recognize Uncle Philip when Christopher reunites with him?
3. How does Akira respond when Christopher asks him if he will have to go and live in Japan?
4. How does old Christopher recognize Wang Ku in the photograph?
5. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)