|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Part III?
(a) November 30, 1937.
(b) Novermber 8, 1931.
(c) April 30, 1931.
(d) April 12, 1937.
2. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
(a) Christopher's father is fired from Morganbrook and Byatt.
(b) Christopher's father is hit by a car.
(c) Christopher's father disappears.
(d) Christopher's father falls off a horse.
3. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Watch the New Year's parade.
(b) Get rid of the servants.
(c) Leave Shanghai immediately.
(d) Leave her husband.
4. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
(a) Akira persuades Christopher it would be childish to discuss such matters.
(b) Akira recounts a bitter tale of his alienation from the boys in the Nagasaki school.
(c) Akira goes on and on with his many stories until Christopher is quite bored.
(d) Akira is silent.
5. Where do Morgan and Christopher go?
(a) The city center.
(c) The Lucky Chance Club.
(d) Christopher's old house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
2. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
3. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
4. How is the girl's Chinese?
5. What game do Christopher and Akira invent?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)