|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher find in the house?
(a) Nothing and no one.
(b) A dog and three human corpses.
(c) A cat and three human corpses.
(d) A fish and three human corpses.
2. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Get rid of the servants.
(b) Leave her husband.
(c) Leave Shanghai immediately.
(d) Watch the New Year's parade.
3. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
(b) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
(c) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
(d) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
4. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
5. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
(a) A trap.
(b) A major disappointment.
(c) A secret meeting.
(d) An enchanting evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
2. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
3. Why does Christopher's driver stop when they are looking for the blind actor's house?
4. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
5. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)