|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah sneaks in the back.
(b) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
(c) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
(d) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
2. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(b) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(c) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(d) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
3. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is afraid of him.
(b) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(c) Christopher is irritated by him.
(d) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
4. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
(a) The police are afraid of the neighborhood.
(b) The police do not trust Christopher.
(c) The police are short on men.
(d) The police are working for the mob.
5. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
(b) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
(c) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
(d) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl urge Christopher to go?
2. What does Christopher find in the house?
3. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. How does old Christopher recognize Wang Ku in the photograph?
5. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)