|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
(a) James Osbourne.
(b) Sarah Hemmings.
(c) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(d) Inspector Kung.
2. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(b) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
(c) Playing cricket.
(d) Selling children into slavery.
3. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
(a) Sunny and windy.
(c) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and rainy.
4. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
(b) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
(c) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
(d) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
5. What is the name of the road whose side streets are so heavily trafficked?
(b) Wang Chu.
(d) Kung Po.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Morgan and Christopher go?
2. How many days pass before Christopher sees Akira on Etsuko's bicycle?
3. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
4. What does Jennifer just barely avoid knocking over?
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)