|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
(a) Christopher's escort yells at Christopher.
(b) Christopher's escort laughs heartily.
(c) Christopher's escort leaves coldly.
(d) Christopher's escort remains calm and polite.
2. Years later what does Christopher recognize about the plump-faced man?
(a) His face.
(b) His smile.
(c) His cap, gown and pigtail.
(d) The cigar he smokes.
3. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
4. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
(a) Christopher tells Chamberlain he can get on in Shanghai by himself.
(b) Christopher tells Chamberlain his parents will return from a trip very soon.
(c) Christopher tells Chamberlain the very best detectives are working on the case of his parents' disappearance.
(d) Christopher tells Chamberlain he is a detective and will solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
5. What do the Japanese soldiers do with Christopher?
(a) The soldiers arrest Christopher.
(b) The soldiers beat Christopher up.
(c) The soldiers take Christopher to their camp and take care of him.
(d) The soldiers give Christopher a shot of whisky from a flask.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
2. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
3. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
4. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
5. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)