|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher suspect happened to Akira in Japan?
(a) Christopher suspects Akira failed to apply himself to his studies.
(b) Christopher suspects Akira was unable to learn Japanese.
(c) Christopher suspects Akira made many friends and was sad to leave.
(d) Christopher suspects Akira was mercilessly ostracised for his "foreignness."
2. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(b) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(c) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(d) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
3. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
(a) Christopher is very late for the meeting.
(b) Christopher detects a mysterious undertone to the meeting.
(c) Christopher mishandles the meeting.
(d) The meeting goes swimmingly.
4. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
(a) James Osbourne.
(b) Sarah Hemmings.
(c) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(d) Inspector Kung.
5. How does Kung respond when Christopher identifies himself as a long time fan?
(a) Kung is unresponsive.
(b) Kung is pleased.
(c) Kung is insulted.
(d) Kung is wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
2. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
3. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
4. What does Christopher learn about his financial resources?
5. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)