|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
(b) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(c) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
2. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
(a) The police do not trust Christopher.
(b) The police are working for the mob.
(c) The police are afraid of the neighborhood.
(d) The police are short on men.
3. What does Christopher remember about the days immediately following his failure to take the lotion back to Ling Tien's room?
(a) Christopher remembers being concerned about Akira.
(b) Christopher remembers being concerned for his father.
(c) Christopher does not remember anything of those days.
(d) Christopher remembers being concerned for his mother.
4. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
5. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
(a) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher.
(b) The welcoming ceremony for the Japanese.
(c) The welcoming ceremony for the Americans.
(d) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
2. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
3. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
4. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
5. How does Christopher describe the atmosphere at breakfast on the days of the campaign meetings.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)