|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
(a) Uncle Philip begins laughing hysterically.
(b) Uncle Philip buys Christopher and accordion.
(c) Uncle Philip buys Christopher an ice cream cone.
(d) Uncle Philip abandons Christopher in the crowd.
2. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
(a) An actress.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A harlot.
(d) A princess.
3. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
(a) Christopher is amused by the encounter.
(b) Christopher is deeply saddened by the experience.
(c) Christopher is bewildered by the experience.
(d) Christopher has no particular reaction to the moment.
4. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
(a) Kung remembers it was yellow.
(b) Kung remembers the house burned down years ago.
(c) Kung remembers there was a maple tree in the front yard.
(d) Kung fails to remember anything.
5. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
2. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
3. What landmark is Christopher looking for?
4. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
5. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)