|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does old Christopher recognize Wang Ku in the photograph?
(a) Wang Ku paid a visit to Christopher's mother in Shanghai.
(b) Wang Ku was a household name when he was growing up in Shanghai.
(c) Wang Ku solicited Christopher's assistance as a detective.
(d) Wang Ku was a frequent visitor at Akira's home in Shanghai.
2. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
(a) Inspector Kung remembers that the house Christopher wishes to find is across the street from a blind man's house.
(b) Inspector Kung wishes to become Christopher's partner.
(c) Inspector Kung is leaving Shanghai for London in two days.
(d) Inspector Kung is going to rehab to deal with his opium addiction.
3. What is Christopher's initial response to the plump-faced man?
(a) The plump-faced man fills Christopher with fear.
(b) The plump-faced man fills Christopher with pity.
(c) The plump-faced man captures Christopher's rapt attention.
(d) The plump-faced man does not much excite Christopher's interest.
4. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Playing cricket.
(b) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(c) Selling children into slavery.
(d) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
5. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
(a) Living the high life.
(b) Being low-life.
(c) Smoking opium.
(d) Playing chess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
2. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
3. Who first tells Christopher about Jennifer?
4. Where does Jennifer live before Christopher adopts her?
5. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)