|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
2. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
(b) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(c) At the Lucky Chance Club.
(d) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
3. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
(a) He says Christopher is too short to be a Sherlock.
(b) He says Christopher is too fat to be a Sherlock.
(c) He says Christopher is too poor to be a Sherlock.
(d) He says Christopher is too irresponsible to be a Sherlock.
4. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
(b) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
(c) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
(d) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
5. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
(a) Akira and Christopher enter quietly while Ling Tien is asleep.
(b) Akira and Christopher sneak in while Ling Tien is at daily prayers.
(c) Ling Tien invites Akira and Christopher in for tea.
(d) Ling Tien goes away to his home village and Akira and Christopher sneak in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
2. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
3. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
4. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
5. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)