|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
(a) He says Christopher is too irresponsible to be a Sherlock.
(b) He says Christopher is too fat to be a Sherlock.
(c) He says Christopher is too short to be a Sherlock.
(d) He says Christopher is too poor to be a Sherlock.
2. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The billiard room.
(c) The parlor.
(d) A fashionable club across the street.
3. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(b) A lively party.
(c) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
(d) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
4. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
(a) Christopher is taken out of English school.
(b) The English boys make Christopher the butt of their jokes.
(c) Christopher finds the English boys entirely unappealing.
(d) The English boys refuse to speak to Christopher.
5. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
2. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
3. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
4. What is the Banks' "library" like?
5. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)