|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(b) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(c) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(d) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
2. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She knows a secret about Akira.
(b) She has a powerful temper.
(c) She is strong.
(d) She is beautiful.
3. How do Akira and Christopher dress when they play outside?
(a) Shirts, shorts and on hotter days, a sunhat.
(b) Traditional Chinese clothing.
(c) Pants, shirts and baseball caps.
(d) Short pants and jackets, and on hotter days, a sunhat.
4. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(b) Sullen and pessimistic.
(c) Arrogant and boisterous.
(d) Diffident and high-minded.
5. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
(a) Ling Tien invites Akira and Christopher in for tea.
(b) Akira and Christopher sneak in while Ling Tien is at daily prayers.
(c) Ling Tien goes away to his home village and Akira and Christopher sneak in.
(d) Akira and Christopher enter quietly while Ling Tien is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
2. How does Christopher describe the atmosphere at breakfast on the days of the campaign meetings.
3. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
4. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
5. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)