|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
(a) Christopher is highly pleased by the story.
(b) Christopher is upset by the story.
(c) The story inspires Christopher to dabble in magic.
(d) The story makes Christopher afraid of Akira.
2. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
(a) Philip is a close family friend, not a real uncle to any of them.
(b) Philip is Mrs. Banks brother.
(c) Philip is Mr. Banks brother.
(d) Philip is Mrs. Banks uncle.
3. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(b) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
(c) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
(d) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
4. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(b) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
(c) Christopher will be abducted himself.
(d) Christopher start smoking opium.
5. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
(a) Christopher is deeply saddened by the experience.
(b) Christopher has no particular reaction to the moment.
(c) Christopher is amused by the encounter.
(d) Christopher is bewildered by the experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
2. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
3. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
4. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)