|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
2. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(b) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
(c) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(d) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
3. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
(a) An old English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
(b) A young English woman sent on a tour of the far east by her wealthy parents.
(c) A young man who brings with him the air of English lanes, meadows and foggy streets.
(d) A middle-aged English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
4. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(b) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(c) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(d) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
5. What does Christopher suspect happened to Akira in Japan?
(a) Christopher suspects Akira was unable to learn Japanese.
(b) Christopher suspects Akira made many friends and was sad to leave.
(c) Christopher suspects Akira failed to apply himself to his studies.
(d) Christopher suspects Akira was mercilessly ostracised for his "foreignness."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
2. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
3. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
4. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
5. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)