|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) The opium trade in China.
(b) Economic prosperity in Britain.
(c) Organized crime in London.
(d) The Great War.
2. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
(a) They play football together.
(b) They are cricket teammates.
(c) They belong to the same club.
(d) They are old school friends.
3. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
(b) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
(c) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(d) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
4. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher declines.
(b) Christopher accepts.
(c) Christopher says he has not been invited himself.
(d) Christopher says he must think about it.
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On the subway.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(d) On the curb waiting for a cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Banks' "library" like?
2. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
3. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
4. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
5. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)