|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
(a) A young English woman sent on a tour of the far east by her wealthy parents.
(b) A middle-aged English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
(c) A young man who brings with him the air of English lanes, meadows and foggy streets.
(d) An old English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
2. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
(a) Age eight.
(b) Age seven.
(c) Age five.
(d) Age six.
3. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
4. What is Akira's reaction when he discovers a tear in his kimono?
(a) Akira weeps and rolls on the ground.
(b) Akira laughs and says it would be silly to get upset over a tear in a coat.
(c) Akira is afraid his mother and father will make him go back to Japan.
(d) Akira is glad because the kimono belongs to his sister.
5. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
(a) Akira's tendency to disappear for long periods of time.
(b) Akira's overblown appreciation of his personal virtues.
(c) Akira's preoccupation with his bodily functions.
(d) Akira's incessant harping on the achievements of the Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of publishing does Osbourne say he is thinking of going into?
2. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
3. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
4. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
5. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)