|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
(b) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
(c) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(d) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
2. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
(a) Sarah says it has been a passable evening.
(b) Sarah says it has been a marvelous evening.
(c) Sarah says it has been an embarrassing evening.
(d) Sarah says it has been a dull evening.
3. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(b) A lively party.
(c) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(d) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
4. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
(a) Osbourne insults Christopher's cooking.
(b) Osbourne calls Christopher's mother a "loose woman."
(c) Osbourne claims Christopher was "such an odd bird in school."
(d) Osbourne breaks Christopher's china.
5. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
(a) Christopher is amused by the encounter.
(b) Christopher has no particular reaction to the moment.
(c) Christopher is bewildered by the experience.
(d) Christopher is deeply saddened by the experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
2. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
3. According to Osbourne, Christopher always used to quiz him about what?
4. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
5. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)