|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Osbourne, Christopher always used to quiz him about what?
(a) Osbourne's romantic conquests.
(b) Osbourne's diet.
(c) Osbourne's being "well-connected."
(d) Osbourne's study regimen.
2. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
3. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(b) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(c) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(d) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
4. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
(a) Christopher finds the English boys entirely unappealing.
(b) The English boys refuse to speak to Christopher.
(c) Christopher is taken out of English school.
(d) The English boys make Christopher the butt of their jokes.
5. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Leave her husband.
(b) Leave Shanghai immediately.
(c) Get rid of the servants.
(d) Watch the New Year's parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
2. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
3. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
5. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)