|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
2. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
(a) A trap.
(b) A major disappointment.
(c) A secret meeting.
(d) An enchanting evening.
3. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is afraid of him.
(b) Christopher is irritated by him.
(c) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(d) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
4. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
(a) Christopher tells Chamberlain he can get on in Shanghai by himself.
(b) Christopher tells Chamberlain he is a detective and will solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
(c) Christopher tells Chamberlain his parents will return from a trip very soon.
(d) Christopher tells Chamberlain the very best detectives are working on the case of his parents' disappearance.
5. According to Osbourne, Christopher always used to quiz him about what?
(a) Osbourne's diet.
(b) Osbourne's study regimen.
(c) Osbourne's being "well-connected."
(d) Osbourne's romantic conquests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
2. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
3. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
4. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)