|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
(a) The Chinese areas.
(b) The Japanese areas.
(c) The English areas.
(d) The American areas.
2. What does Christopher suspect happened to Akira in Japan?
(a) Christopher suspects Akira was mercilessly ostracised for his "foreignness."
(b) Christopher suspects Akira failed to apply himself to his studies.
(c) Christopher suspects Akira was unable to learn Japanese.
(d) Christopher suspects Akira made many friends and was sad to leave.
3. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
(b) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(c) Playing cricket.
(d) Selling children into slavery.
4. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
(a) He accidentally fell and broke his neck.
(b) He has lost his way.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He was murdered.
5. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
(a) Akira goes on and on with his many stories until Christopher is quite bored.
(b) Akira persuades Christopher it would be childish to discuss such matters.
(c) Akira is silent.
(d) Akira recounts a bitter tale of his alienation from the boys in the Nagasaki school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Banks' "library" like?
2. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
3. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
4. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
5. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)