|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
(a) Go to town with his Uncle Philip.
(b) Go to Akira's house.
(c) Serve cocktails for those attending the meeting.
(d) Leave the adults alone in the dining room.
2. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
3. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She has a powerful temper.
(c) She is strong.
(d) She knows a secret about Akira.
4. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
(a) Christopher has no particular reaction to the moment.
(b) Christopher is deeply saddened by the experience.
(c) Christopher is bewildered by the experience.
(d) Christopher is amused by the encounter.
5. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
(a) A young English woman sent on a tour of the far east by her wealthy parents.
(b) A young man who brings with him the air of English lanes, meadows and foggy streets.
(c) An old English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
(d) A middle-aged English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
2. What is the Banks' "library" like?
3. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
4. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
5. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)