|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Leave Shanghai immediately.
(b) Watch the New Year's parade.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Get rid of the servants.
2. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
(a) Christopher is amused by the encounter.
(b) Christopher has no particular reaction to the moment.
(c) Christopher is deeply saddened by the experience.
(d) Christopher is bewildered by the experience.
3. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
(a) A trap.
(b) An enchanting evening.
(c) A secret meeting.
(d) A major disappointment.
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(b) Christopher is afraid of him.
(c) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(d) Christopher is irritated by him.
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
(a) Sarah says it has been an embarrassing evening.
(b) Sarah says it has been a dull evening.
(c) Sarah says it has been a passable evening.
(d) Sarah says it has been a marvelous evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
2. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
3. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
4. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
5. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)