|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Banks' "library" like?
(a) A nook in the kitchen housing a shelf of classic works.
(b) An anteroom with walls lined with books.
(c) The largest room in the house with miles and miles of books.
(d) A small, dark room in the basement with a few encyclopedia volumes.
2. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
(a) Mr. Banks begins boasting.
(b) Mr. Banks begins losing his mind.
(c) Mr. Banks is frequently out of sight.
(d) Mr. Banks loses his temper on a daily basis.
3. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The billiard room.
(b) The parlor.
(c) A fashionable club across the street.
(d) The ballroom.
4. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
5. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
(a) Akira goes to school in Japan.
(b) Akira goes to London.
(c) Akira goes to a Chinese concentration camp.
(d) Akira vanishes, and Christopher never learns where he goes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
2. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
3. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
4. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
5. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)