|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
(a) Sarah greets Christopher warmly.
(b) Sarah puts Christopher down in front of the whole room.
(c) Sarah nods in recognition, but otherwise ignores Christopher.
(d) Sarah pleads with Christopher to take her to a dance.
2. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
(a) They are old school friends.
(b) They play football together.
(c) They are cricket teammates.
(d) They belong to the same club.
3. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She has a powerful temper.
(b) She is strong.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She knows a secret about Akira.
4. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) James Osbourne.
(b) Sarah Hemmings.
(c) Colonel Chamberlain.
(d) Joe Turner.
5. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
(a) The silver-haired man offers to sneak Christopher out of the party through the back door.
(b) The silver-haired man offers Christopher his shoes.
(c) The silver-haired man offers to loan Christopher his car.
(d) The silver-haired man offers to tell Christopher who everyone is and introduce him if he likes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
2. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
3. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
4. What kind of publishing does Osbourne say he is thinking of going into?
5. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)