|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
2. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(b) Christopher is irritated by him.
(c) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(d) Christopher is afraid of him.
3. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(b) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(c) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(d) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
4. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the subway.
(c) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(d) On the curb waiting for a cab.
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
(a) Sarah says it has been a dull evening.
(b) Sarah says it has been an embarrassing evening.
(c) Sarah says it has been a marvelous evening.
(d) Sarah says it has been a passable evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
2. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
3. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
4. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
5. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)