|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) Colonel Chamberlain.
(b) Joe Turner.
(c) Sarah Hemmings.
(d) James Osbourne.
2. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
3. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
(a) Sarah pleads with Christopher to take her to a dance.
(b) Sarah puts Christopher down in front of the whole room.
(c) Sarah greets Christopher warmly.
(d) Sarah nods in recognition, but otherwise ignores Christopher.
4. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
(a) Osbourne breaks Christopher's china.
(b) Osbourne calls Christopher's mother a "loose woman."
(c) Osbourne insults Christopher's cooking.
(d) Osbourne claims Christopher was "such an odd bird in school."
5. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
(b) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
(c) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
(d) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
2. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
3. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
4. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
5. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)