|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
(a) A bonzai tree.
(b) A maple tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A pine tree.
2. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) His mother.
3. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
(a) A sprawling "French" lawn.
(b) A carefully tended "English" lawn.
(c) An ornate "Chinese" lawn.
(d) A simple "Japanese" lawn.
4. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
(a) Christopher remembers that Akira's house was very dilapidated.
(b) Strangely, Christopher has no recollection of his best friend's house.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very similar to his family's from an architectural standpoint.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be exactly the opposite of his family's.
5. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
(a) The Chinese areas.
(b) The Japanese areas.
(c) The English areas.
(d) The American areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
2. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
3. What is the Banks' "library" like?
4. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
5. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)