|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher start smoking opium.
(b) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
(c) Christopher will be abducted himself.
(d) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
2. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A woopie cushion.
(c) A cricket bat.
(d) A croquet set.
3. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
4. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
(a) Mrs. Banks says nothing and walks away.
(b) Mrs. Banks quietly agrees.
(c) Mrs. Banks breaks into a tirade.
(d) Mrs. Banks says she will consider the suggestion.
5. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) Christopher's parents.
(d) Morganbrook and Byatt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
2. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
3. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
4. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
5. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)