|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(b) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(c) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(d) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
2. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
(a) He feels deeply ashamed of his ambition.
(b) He feels like he may give it up to become a fireman.
(c) He feels it is something he ought to keep to himself.
(d) He feels he must tell absolutely everyone.
3. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
(a) The silver-haired man offers to loan Christopher his car.
(b) The silver-haired man offers Christopher his shoes.
(c) The silver-haired man offers to tell Christopher who everyone is and introduce him if he likes.
(d) The silver-haired man offers to sneak Christopher out of the party through the back door.
4. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
(a) Osbourne calls Christopher's mother a "loose woman."
(b) Osbourne breaks Christopher's china.
(c) Osbourne claims Christopher was "such an odd bird in school."
(d) Osbourne insults Christopher's cooking.
5. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A very fancy restaurant.
(b) A modest inn.
(c) A public house.
(d) A quaint tea room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
2. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
3. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)