|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) No more than a few days.
(b) Twenty four hours.
(c) Many weeks.
(d) Over two years.
2. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
(b) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
(c) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
(d) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
3. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A lively party.
(b) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(c) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
(d) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
4. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The billiard room.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) A fashionable club across the street.
5. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
(a) A simple "Japanese" lawn.
(b) A sprawling "French" lawn.
(c) An ornate "Chinese" lawn.
(d) A carefully tended "English" lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
3. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
4. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
5. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)