|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very similar to his family's from an architectural standpoint.
(b) Strangely, Christopher has no recollection of his best friend's house.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be exactly the opposite of his family's.
(d) Christopher remembers that Akira's house was very dilapidated.
2. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
3. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(b) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(c) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(d) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
4. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) A bonzai tree.
5. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(b) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
(c) At the Lucky Chance Club.
(d) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
2. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
3. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
4. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)