|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(b) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(c) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(d) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
2. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
3. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(a) Philip himself.
(c) Christopher's father.
(d) Christopher's mother.
4. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Joe Turner.
(c) Colonel Chamberlain.
(d) James Osbourne.
5. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
(a) He accidentally fell and broke his neck.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He has lost his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
2. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
3. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
4. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)