|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) The Great War.
(b) Organized crime in London.
(c) Economic prosperity in Britain.
(d) The opium trade in China.
2. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
3. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
(b) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
(c) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
(d) Sarah sneaks in the back.
4. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
(b) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(c) Christopher start smoking opium.
(d) Christopher will be abducted himself.
5. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(b) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(c) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
(d) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
2. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
4. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
5. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)