|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
(a) Mrs. Banks breaks into a tirade.
(b) Mrs. Banks quietly agrees.
(c) Mrs. Banks says nothing and walks away.
(d) Mrs. Banks says she will consider the suggestion.
2. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Get rid of the servants.
(b) Watch the New Year's parade.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Leave Shanghai immediately.
3. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) The opium trade in China.
(b) The Great War.
(c) Economic prosperity in Britain.
(d) Organized crime in London.
4. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(b) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(c) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(d) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
5. What kind of publishing does Osbourne say he is thinking of going into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
2. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
3. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
4. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
5. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)