|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
2. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She knows a secret about Akira.
(b) She is strong.
(c) She has a powerful temper.
(d) She is beautiful.
3. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher says he has not been invited himself.
(b) Christopher accepts.
(c) Christopher says he must think about it.
(d) Christopher declines.
4. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
(a) A young man who brings with him the air of English lanes, meadows and foggy streets.
(b) An old English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
(c) A middle-aged English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
(d) A young English woman sent on a tour of the far east by her wealthy parents.
5. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
(a) Mrs. Banks breaks into a tirade.
(b) Mrs. Banks says nothing and walks away.
(c) Mrs. Banks says she will consider the suggestion.
(d) Mrs. Banks quietly agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
2. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
3. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
5. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)