|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
(a) Philip is Mrs. Banks uncle.
(b) Philip is Mr. Banks brother.
(c) Philip is Mrs. Banks brother.
(d) Philip is a close family friend, not a real uncle to any of them.
2. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
(a) Age five.
(b) Age eight.
(c) Age six.
(d) Age seven.
3. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
(a) Christopher's parents.
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) Morganbrook and Byatt.
4. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
(b) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(c) A lively party.
(d) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
5. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
2. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
3. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
4. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
5. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)