|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(b) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(c) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(d) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
2. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
(a) Christopher tells Chamberlain he is a detective and will solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
(b) Christopher tells Chamberlain his parents will return from a trip very soon.
(c) Christopher tells Chamberlain the very best detectives are working on the case of his parents' disappearance.
(d) Christopher tells Chamberlain he can get on in Shanghai by himself.
3. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher says he has not been invited himself.
(b) Christopher accepts.
(c) Christopher says he must think about it.
(d) Christopher declines.
4. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) A croquet set.
(b) A magnifying glass.
(c) A woopie cushion.
(d) A cricket bat.
5. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher and Sarah leave suspicious of one another.
(b) Christopher and Sarah leave on friendly terms.
(c) Christopher and Sarah leave quite angry with one another.
(d) Christopher and Sarah leave in love with one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
2. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
4. What kind of publishing does Osbourne say he is thinking of going into?
5. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)