|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
(c) Old chap.
2. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
(a) James Osbourne.
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
3. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She has a powerful temper.
(b) She is strong.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She knows a secret about Akira.
4. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
(a) His mother.
(d) Inspector Kung.
5. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
2. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
4. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
5. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)