|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
(a) A carefully tended "English" lawn.
(b) A simple "Japanese" lawn.
(c) An ornate "Chinese" lawn.
(d) A sprawling "French" lawn.
2. What is the Banks' "library" like?
(a) The largest room in the house with miles and miles of books.
(b) An anteroom with walls lined with books.
(c) A nook in the kitchen housing a shelf of classic works.
(d) A small, dark room in the basement with a few encyclopedia volumes.
3. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a matter of solemn importance.
(b) As a completely irrelevant matter.
(c) As a pain in the neck.
(d) As a triffling matter.
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(b) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(c) Christopher is irritated by him.
(d) Christopher is afraid of him.
5. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
(a) Age six.
(b) Age eight.
(c) Age five.
(d) Age seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
2. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
3. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
5. What is the time and place of Part II?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)