|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A bonzai tree.
(d) A maple tree.
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(b) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(c) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(d) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
3. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
(a) Age six.
(b) Age seven.
(c) Age eight.
(d) Age five.
4. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
(a) Inspector Kung.
(b) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(c) James Osbourne.
(d) Sarah Hemmings.
5. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
(a) They are cricket teammates.
(b) They belong to the same club.
(c) They are old school friends.
(d) They play football together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
2. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
3. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
4. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
5. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)