|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
(d) Old chap.
2. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
(a) The English areas.
(b) The American areas.
(c) The Chinese areas.
(d) The Japanese areas.
3. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
4. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
(a) He feels it is something he ought to keep to himself.
(b) He feels deeply ashamed of his ambition.
(c) He feels he must tell absolutely everyone.
(d) He feels like he may give it up to become a fireman.
5. What is the time and place of Part II?
(a) Shanghai, 15th May 1931.
(b) London, 8th November 1937.
(c) London, 15th May 1931.
(d) Shanghai, 8th November 1912.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
3. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
4. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
5. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)