|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sarah ask Christopher to go with her?
2. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
3. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
(a) A spy for Yellow Snake.
(c) A Chinese spy.
(d) An Englishman.
4. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
(b) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(c) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
(d) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
5. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
(b) Christopher start smoking opium.
(c) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(d) Christopher will be abducted himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
2. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
3. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
4. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
5. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)