|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
(a) Lady Beaton immediately leaves Christopher's presence.
(b) Lady Beaton immediately says yes.
(c) Lady Beaton laughs out loud.
(d) Lady Beaton recoils with suspicion.
2. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
(a) Christopher's father falls off a horse.
(b) Christopher's father is fired from Morganbrook and Byatt.
(c) Christopher's father disappears.
(d) Christopher's father is hit by a car.
3. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
(a) Kung remembers there was a maple tree in the front yard.
(b) Kung remembers the house burned down years ago.
(c) Kung remembers it was yellow.
(d) Kung fails to remember anything.
4. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) A bonzai tree.
5. How is the girl's Chinese?
(c) Not good.
(d) The girl cannot speak Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip make Christopher feel?
2. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
3. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
4. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
5. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)