|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
(a) Lady Beaton laughs out loud.
(b) Lady Beaton immediately leaves Christopher's presence.
(c) Lady Beaton recoils with suspicion.
(d) Lady Beaton immediately says yes.
2. What are the date and location of Part V?
(a) September 23, 1931, Shanghai.
(b) September 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(c) September 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(d) September 29, 1931, Shanghai.
3. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
(a) Next door to Uncle Philip's office.
(b) On the uppermost floor of the house.
(c) At the British consulate.
(d) In London.
4. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher and Sarah leave suspicious of one another.
(b) Christopher and Sarah leave on friendly terms.
(c) Christopher and Sarah leave quite angry with one another.
(d) Christopher and Sarah leave in love with one another.
5. How does remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip make Christopher feel?
(a) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fills Christopher with anxiety.
(b) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip causes Christopher significant pain.
(c) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fondly.
(d) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip indifferently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
2. What kind of music does the French pianist play?
3. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
4. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
5. How many days is Christopher in town before Morgan telephones him?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)