|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Ling Tien's bottle of lotion?
(a) Akira burns it in the fireplace.
(b) Akira buries it in his backyard.
(c) Akira's mother finds it and scolds him.
(d) Akira's sister returns it.
2. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
(a) Uncle Philip buys Christopher an ice cream cone.
(b) Uncle Philip begins laughing hysterically.
(c) Uncle Philip abandons Christopher in the crowd.
(d) Uncle Philip buys Christopher and accordion.
3. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A very fancy restaurant.
(b) A quaint tea room.
(c) A modest inn.
(d) A public house.
4. How does Christopher get back to his house?
(a) Christopher walks.
(b) Christopher runs home.
(c) Christopher rides his bicycle.
(d) Christopher hails a taxi.
5. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(b) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(c) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(d) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the little girl tell Christopher about?
2. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
4. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
5. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)