|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Banks tell Christopher to reassure him?
(a) The city's very best detectives are working on the case.
(b) British Intelligence knows where Christopher's father is.
(c) Christopher's father knows how to handle himself.
(d) Chinese Intelligence knows where Christopher's father is.
2. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
(a) Mr. Banks's study.
(b) Their backyard.
(c) Downtown Shanghai.
(d) The Public Gardens.
3. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) At the Lucky Chance Club.
(b) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
(c) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(d) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
4. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(b) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(c) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(d) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
5. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
2. How does Christopher describe the atmosphere at breakfast on the days of the campaign meetings.
3. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
4. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
5. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)