|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
(b) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(c) At the Lucky Chance Club.
(d) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
2. What landmark is Christopher looking for?
(a) The East Furnace.
(b) The North Furnace.
(c) The West Furnace.
(d) The South Furnace.
3. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
(a) Akira vanishes, and Christopher never learns where he goes.
(b) Akira goes to a Chinese concentration camp.
(c) Akira goes to school in Japan.
(d) Akira goes to London.
4. How do Akira and Christopher dress when they play outside?
(a) Shirts, shorts and on hotter days, a sunhat.
(b) Pants, shirts and baseball caps.
(c) Traditional Chinese clothing.
(d) Short pants and jackets, and on hotter days, a sunhat.
5. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(b) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(c) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(d) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
2. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
3. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
4. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
5. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)