|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the date and location of Part V?
(a) September 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(b) September 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(c) September 23, 1931, Shanghai.
(d) September 29, 1931, Shanghai.
2. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
(a) Mr. Banks is frequently out of sight.
(b) Mr. Banks loses his temper on a daily basis.
(c) Mr. Banks begins losing his mind.
(d) Mr. Banks begins boasting.
3. What is the time and place of Part II?
(a) Shanghai, 8th November 1912.
(b) Shanghai, 15th May 1931.
(c) London, 8th November 1937.
(d) London, 15th May 1931.
4. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
(a) Hot and humid.
(b) Cold and rainy.
(c) Sunny and windy.
5. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
(a) The racecourse.
(b) The cricket match.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The harbour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
2. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
3. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
5. What does Christopher remember about the days immediately following his failure to take the lotion back to Ling Tien's room?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)