|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
(a) At the British consulate.
(b) Next door to Uncle Philip's office.
(c) On the uppermost floor of the house.
(d) In London.
2. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
(a) Christopher mishandles the meeting.
(b) The meeting goes swimmingly.
(c) Christopher detects a mysterious undertone to the meeting.
(d) Christopher is very late for the meeting.
3. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
(a) Age seven.
(b) Age eight.
(c) Age six.
(d) Age five.
4. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(b) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
(c) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(d) A lively party.
5. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
2. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. How does old Christopher recognize Wang Ku in the photograph?
4. What case does Christopher ask Kung about?
5. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)