|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A lively party.
(b) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(c) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(d) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
2. Where does Sarah ask Christopher to go with her?
3. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will be abducted himself.
(b) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(c) Christopher start smoking opium.
(d) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
4. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
(a) Inspector Kung.
(b) The driver who takes Christopher to meet Sarah.
(c) Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Colonel Chamberlain.
5. How does remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip make Christopher feel?
(a) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip causes Christopher significant pain.
(b) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip indifferently.
(c) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fondly.
(d) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fills Christopher with anxiety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
2. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
3. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
4. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
5. Why does Christopher's escort leave him?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)