|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
(a) Christopher discovers his father has returned home.
(b) Christopher discover his house has been burned to the ground.
(c) Christopher discovers Akira waiting for him.
(d) Christopher discovers his mother has been abducted.
2. How does Christopher describe the atmosphere at breakfast on the days of the campaign meetings.
3. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) A fashionable club across the street.
(b) The billiard room.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The parlor.
4. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
(a) Kung remembers there was a maple tree in the front yard.
(b) Kung fails to remember anything.
(c) Kung remembers the house burned down years ago.
(d) Kung remembers it was yellow.
5. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
(a) Serve cocktails for those attending the meeting.
(b) Go to Akira's house.
(c) Leave the adults alone in the dining room.
(d) Go to town with his Uncle Philip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Akira feel about Ling Tien?
2. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
3. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
4. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
5. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)