|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Akira respond when Christopher asks him if he will have to go and live in Japan?
(a) Akira says he will stay in Shanghai forever.
(b) Akira says he will go to Japan in two years.
(c) Akira says he will got to Japan in four years.
(d) Akira says he will go to Japan in one year.
2. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
(a) Dark and dangerous.
(b) Sullen and pious.
(c) Dull and cold.
(d) Light and breezy.
3. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
(a) Morganbrook and Byatt.
(b) Christopher's parents.
(d) Inspector Kung.
4. What is the last thing Uncle Philip says to Christopher?
(a) I want you to like me.
(b) I didn't want to hurt you.
(c) I think you are very English.
(d) I love you.
5. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Diffident and high-minded.
(b) Arrogant and boisterous.
(c) Sullen and pessimistic.
(d) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
2. Who finally agrees to escort Christopher?
3. What does Jennifer just barely avoid knocking over?
4. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
5. What musical instrument does Uncle Philip encourage Christopher to go with him to see?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)