|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher's initial response to the plump-faced man?
(a) The plump-faced man fills Christopher with fear.
(b) The plump-faced man fills Christopher with pity.
(c) The plump-faced man captures Christopher's rapt attention.
(d) The plump-faced man does not much excite Christopher's interest.
2. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
(a) Christopher's mother.
(b) Uncle Philip.
(c) Christopher's father.
3. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
(a) Akira's overblown appreciation of his personal virtues.
(b) Akira's preoccupation with his bodily functions.
(c) Akira's incessant harping on the achievements of the Japanese.
(d) Akira's tendency to disappear for long periods of time.
4. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
(a) Mr. Banks's study.
(b) Their backyard.
(c) The Public Gardens.
(d) Downtown Shanghai.
5. Where does Christopher find Inspector Kung?
(a) The Inn of Morning Happiness.
(b) The Lucky Chance Club.
(c) In a heap on the side of Nanking Road.
(d) At Christopher's old house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Christopher told he may find Sir Cecil and Sarah?
2. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
3. Who finally agrees to escort Christopher?
4. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
5. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)