|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark is Christopher looking for?
(a) The West Furnace.
(b) The South Furnace.
(c) The North Furnace.
(d) The East Furnace.
2. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
(a) Christopher's father.
(c) Christopher's mother.
(d) Uncle Philip.
3. What is the time and place of Part II?
(a) London, 8th November 1937.
(b) Shanghai, 15th May 1931.
(c) London, 15th May 1931.
(d) Shanghai, 8th November 1912.
4. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
(a) A middle-aged English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
(b) An old English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
(c) A young English woman sent on a tour of the far east by her wealthy parents.
(d) A young man who brings with him the air of English lanes, meadows and foggy streets.
5. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a matter of solemn importance.
(b) As a triffling matter.
(c) As a pain in the neck.
(d) As a completely irrelevant matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher find Inspector Kung?
2. How is the girl's Chinese?
3. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
4. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
5. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)