|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
(b) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
(c) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
(d) Sarah sneaks in the back.
2. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
(b) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
(c) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
(d) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
3. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
(a) Mrs. Banks breaks into a tirade.
(b) Mrs. Banks says nothing and walks away.
(c) Mrs. Banks quietly agrees.
(d) Mrs. Banks says she will consider the suggestion.
4. How does Kung respond when Christopher identifies himself as a long time fan?
(a) Kung is wounded.
(b) Kung is unresponsive.
(c) Kung is pleased.
(d) Kung is insulted.
5. What is Christopher's initial response to the plump-faced man?
(a) The plump-faced man fills Christopher with pity.
(b) The plump-faced man captures Christopher's rapt attention.
(c) The plump-faced man fills Christopher with fear.
(d) The plump-faced man does not much excite Christopher's interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
2. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
3. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
4. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
5. What is the last thing Uncle Philip says to Christopher?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)