|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally agrees to escort Christopher?
(a) The lieutenant.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) Inspector Kung.
(d) No one.
2. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A very fancy restaurant.
(b) A modest inn.
(c) A public house.
(d) A quaint tea room.
3. Years later what does Christopher recognize about the plump-faced man?
(a) His smile.
(b) His face.
(c) His cap, gown and pigtail.
(d) The cigar he smokes.
4. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
(a) Old chap.
5. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
(a) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(b) James Osbourne.
(c) Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Inspector Kung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
2. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
3. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
4. What becomes of Ling Tien's bottle of lotion?
5. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)