|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He accidentally fell and broke his neck.
(d) He has lost his way.
2. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
(a) Christopher has no particular reaction to the moment.
(b) Christopher is amused by the encounter.
(c) Christopher is bewildered by the experience.
(d) Christopher is deeply saddened by the experience.
3. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
4. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
(a) Christopher tells Chamberlain his parents will return from a trip very soon.
(b) Christopher tells Chamberlain he can get on in Shanghai by himself.
(c) Christopher tells Chamberlain he is a detective and will solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
(d) Christopher tells Chamberlain the very best detectives are working on the case of his parents' disappearance.
5. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
(b) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(c) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
(d) At the Lucky Chance Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher remember about the days immediately following his failure to take the lotion back to Ling Tien's room?
2. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
3. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
4. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
5. What does Mrs. Banks tell Christopher to reassure him?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)