|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sarah ask Christopher to go with her?
2. How does old Christopher recognize Wang Ku in the photograph?
(a) Wang Ku solicited Christopher's assistance as a detective.
(b) Wang Ku paid a visit to Christopher's mother in Shanghai.
(c) Wang Ku was a household name when he was growing up in Shanghai.
(d) Wang Ku was a frequent visitor at Akira's home in Shanghai.
3. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
4. What is Christopher's initial response to the plump-faced man?
(a) The plump-faced man fills Christopher with pity.
(b) The plump-faced man captures Christopher's rapt attention.
(c) The plump-faced man fills Christopher with fear.
(d) The plump-faced man does not much excite Christopher's interest.
5. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A bonzai tree.
(d) A pine tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
2. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
3. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
4. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
5. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)