|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Akira and Christopher when they finally enter Ling Tien's room?
2. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Being low-life.
(c) Living the high life.
(d) Smoking opium.
3. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
(a) In his wallet.
(b) In his scrapbook.
(c) In his icebox.
(d) In a cigar box.
4. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
(a) Akira goes to a Chinese concentration camp.
(b) Akira vanishes, and Christopher never learns where he goes.
(c) Akira goes to London.
(d) Akira goes to school in Japan.
5. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) Many weeks.
(b) No more than a few days.
(c) Over two years.
(d) Twenty four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Akira feel about Ling Tien?
2. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
3. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
4. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
5. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)