|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
2. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(b) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(c) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(d) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
3. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
(a) A phonograph store.
(b) The city center.
(c) The Inn of Morning Happiness.
(d) Nanking Road.
4. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a matter of solemn importance.
(b) As a completely irrelevant matter.
(c) As a triffling matter.
(d) As a pain in the neck.
5. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) The driver who takes Christopher to meet Sarah.
(d) Colonel Chamberlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
2. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
3. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
4. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
5. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)