* Christopher accepts James's invitation to come to a fancy dinner party.
* Christopher sees Sarah Hemmings for the first time and is advised against speaking to her by an older gentleman.
* Christopher runs into Colonel Chamberlain
* Christopher is irritated by how the Colonel remembers his disposition on the trip from Shanghai to London years ago.
* Sarah Hemmings finds Christopher at Kensington Garden.
* Sarah asks Christopher to invite her to the Meredith Foundation dinner.
* Remembering her previous snub of him, Christopher refuses.
* Sarah appears at the Meredith dinner and again Christopher declines to take her as his date.
* She makes a scene and gets in anyway.
* After dinner Christopher speaks with the guest of honor, Sir Cecil Medhurst.
* Christopher and Sarah make amends.
* Christopher remembers Akira would never admit to being wrong.
* Christopher remembers a day in Shanghai when the health inspector told his mother to...
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)