|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy say the Tripod looks like?
(a) A submarine
(b) A futuristic robot
(c) A torpedo
(d) A mechanical clown
2. Where does Angela say she's going as she leaves the house?
(a) She's going to join the Trippies
(b) She's going to Emma's
(c) She's going to exercise her pony
(d) She doesn't say
3. What was Laurie's grandfather's occupation?
(a) He was a banker
(b) He was in the military
(c) He was a stockbroker
(d) He was a farmer
4. What does Martha pull from her purse when she sees Laurie is in trouble?
(a) A pistol
(b) A chain for hypnotizing Ian
(c) A cell phone
(d) A can of Mace
5. Who is Hilda Goossens?
(a) The class treasurer
(b) The class president
(c) The class clown
(d) The class genius
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pa's sister?
2. What is in the briefcase Uncle Ian left behind?
3. What kind of dog does Laurie believe he hears?
4. What does Aunt Caroline say about Nathanael when she talks to Laurie on the phone?
5. What is the sound coming from the tank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the telephone conversation between Martha and Caroline after Ian's visit.
2. What does Pa say were his thoughts and actions when he heard of the Tripod landing?
3. How does the author say the Tripods came to inhabit the Earth?
4. What does the author say about Will in the book "The City of Gold and Lead?"
5. How much input does the author say he had in the movie project and why does he say that's acceptable?
6. What is the reaction of the boys when the military arrives?
7. What does Laurie say about the attention he and Andy receive because they witnessed the Tripod?
8. What does Ilse say is the situation in Switzerland?
9. Describe Laurie's relationship with his father.
10. What are the objections the science fiction writer has to the storyline of the Tripods?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)