|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Angela's pony?
2. How many parts of the series were originally planned?
3. What is the sound coming from the tank?
(a) A series of beeps and hums
(b) Classical music
(c) A voice offering a peaceful welcome
(d) Birds chirping
4. What color is the light Andy sees soon after waking?
5. What material is Laurie's grandmother's house made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Martha call after Ian leaves?
2. What kind of dog does Laurie believe he hears?
3. Where does Laurie know Martha intends for the family to go?
4. How many rockets are fired from the approaching fighter-bombers?
5. Why is Ilse going to Switzerland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe what happens when the Tripod arrives at the farmhouse.
2. What does Pa say were his thoughts and actions when he heard of the Tripod landing?
3. Describe Laurie's relationship with his father.
4. Why does Ilse offer Laurie cookies and why does he refuse?
5. What does Wild Bill say each of the Tripods did after they landed the first time?
6. Describe the encounter between the tank and the Tripod.
7. Briefly describe the telephone conversation between Martha and Caroline after Ian's visit.
8. How much input does the author say he had in the movie project and why does he say that's acceptable?
9. What does Caroline say happened to Ian and Nathanael?
10. What does the author say about a science fiction writer's ability to predict the future?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)