|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tentacles do the boys see after the arrival of the tank?
2. What kind of car does Uncle Ian drive?
(a) A Rolls
(b) A Jaguar
(c) A Renault
(d) A Volkswagon
3. What is the club Angela joins?
(a) The pony club
(b) The Trippy fan club
(c) The science club
(d) The chess club
4. How far away is the farmhouse from Laurie's location?
(a) At least five hundred meters
(b) Only a few meters
(c) A couple of hundred meters
(d) At least fifty meters
5. What do the boys do when they encounter a police roadblock?
(a) Turn back to town
(b) Ask for permission to pass
(c) Stop to talk
(d) Go around it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha say she wants Pa to do with Uncle Ian's briefcase?
2. Who does Martha call after Ian leaves?
3. What is the warning given by the Head Man at school?
4. Who is Angela?
5. Though the Trippy Show seems to originate in the United States, where does Dr. Monmouth say some people believe it really originates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aunt Caroline's reaction when Pa tells her about Angela's hypnosis by the Trippy Show?
2. What is Angela's reaction when she learns that Laurie hadn't taped the Trippy show?
3. Why are Laurie and Andy in the shed near the farmhouse when the Tripods arrive?
4. Describe the encounter between the tank and the Tripod.
5. Why does Ilse offer Laurie cookies and why does he refuse?
6. What is the argument Ian and Nathanael give to try to convince Laurie to accept a Cap?
7. What are the objections the science fiction writer has to the storyline of the Tripods?
8. Why doesn't Laurie's family see much of his Aunt and Uncle?
9. What does the article from the Daily Mail suggest about the Trippy Show?
10. What does Ilse say is the situation in Switzerland?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)