|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angela do while Dr. Monmouth is talking to Laurie and the others?
(a) Plays with her dolls
(b) Goes for a walk
(c) Watches the Trippy show
(d) Sneaks out of the house
2. What do the boys do when they encounter a police roadblock?
(a) Go around it
(b) Turn back to town
(c) Ask for permission to pass
(d) Stop to talk
3. How is Angela convinced to leave home at the time the Trippy Show is airing?
(a) She plans to watch a rerun
(b) Laurie promises to videotape it
(c) She doesn't want to miss the pony show
(d) Laurie promises to tell her about it
4. What is the government reaction when it's discovered that the Trippy Show is being broadcast from outer space?
(a) They produce an Anti-Trippy Show
(b) They ban television
(c) They try to jam the signal
(d) They warn people not to watch
5. How does the Tripod destroy the house?
(a) By stepping on it
(b) By smashing it with a tentacle
(c) By burning it with a laser
(d) It doesn't destroy it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the panelist who is critical of the idea that the Tripods don't have infrared capabilities?
2. Why does Laurie believe the attacks on the Tripods are not televised?
3. What is the sound coming from the tank?
4. What does Laurie say about the rules of their camping expedition?
5. Where does Angela say she's going as she leaves the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between the tank and the Tripod.
2. What are some of the ways the boys try to explain away the sounds and sight of the Tripod?
3. What does the article from the Daily Mail suggest about the Trippy Show?
4. What is Angela's reaction when she learns that Laurie hadn't taped the Trippy show?
5. How much input does the author say he had in the movie project and why does he say that's acceptable?
6. Why does Ilse offer Laurie cookies and why does he refuse?
7. Describe Laurie's relationship with his father.
8. What does Caroline say happened to Ian and Nathanael?
9. What does the author say about Will in the book "The City of Gold and Lead?"
10. What does Laurie say about the attention he and Andy receive because they witnessed the Tripod?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)