|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the shots fired from the fighter-bombers score hits?
(c) Too many to count
2. What is the club Angela joins?
(a) The chess club
(b) The Trippy fan club
(c) The science club
(d) The pony club
3. How does the Tripod destroy the house?
(a) By stepping on it
(b) By burning it with a laser
(c) It doesn't destroy it
(d) By smashing it with a tentacle
4. Who is the panelist who is critical of the idea that the Tripods don't have infrared capabilities?
(a) A chemist
(b) A science fiction writer
(c) An astronomer
(d) A biologist
5. What does the newscaster say will be the way to overcome the Tripods?
(a) Regaining control of the military
(b) People pleading with their family to return home
(c) Retaining control of the airports
(d) Free men and women joining to fight
Short Answer Questions
1. What material is Laurie's grandmother's house made of?
2. What is the name of Angela's pony?
3. What does Andy think might be the source of the sound they hear just after daylight the next morning?
4. What does Dr. Monmouth do to get Angela over her obsession?
5. What causes Angela to attack Laurie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the objections the science fiction writer has to the storyline of the Tripods?
2. Briefly describe Andy and Laurie's sighting of the Tripod.
3. Why is the decision made for the family to take the boat out of the country?
4. What is the argument Ian and Nathanael give to try to convince Laurie to accept a Cap?
5. Why does Ilse offer Laurie cookies and why does he refuse?
6. Describe Laurie's relationship with his father.
7. Briefly describe the Trippy show that Laurie sees for the first time.
8. Briefly describe the telephone conversation between Martha and Caroline after Ian's visit.
9. What does Wild Bill say each of the Tripods did after they landed the first time?
10. What are some of the ways the boys try to explain away the sounds and sight of the Tripod?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)