|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they move supplies from the hotel to their new home in the tunnel?
(a) By hand
(b) By diesel coach
(c) By wagon
(d) By car
2. Who proposes that they set off an avalanche to destroy the Tripod?
3. Which of the following is not seen from the train window?
(a) Ducks swimming
(b) Several small boats
(c) A lake
(d) A paddle steamer
4. How long is the family told they can stay in the country?
(a) They must leave immediately
(c) Seven days
(d) Six months
5. What is near the umbrella stand at the doorway of Rudi's house?
(a) A gun
(b) A broom
(c) A teddy bear
(d) A Cap
6. What do they use for cooking?
(a) An oil stove
(b) The stove at the hotel
(c) A campfire
(d) They only eat what can be eaten without cooking
7. What is the weather like when they reach the dock?
(a) It's sleeting
(b) It's sunny
(c) It's warm and windy
(d) It's hailing
8. What is the Cap made of?
9. Who is Michael Hardy?
(a) The pilot
(b) An antique dealer who knows Martha
(c) The co-pilot
(d) A banker who knows the family
10. How does Pa try to pay for the plane tickets?
(a) With a check this his watch
(b) With cash then a check
(c) With a credit card then a check
(d) With a credit card then the title to his boat
11. What does Laurie learn happened to Ilse's father during the night he was gone?
(a) He died
(b) He had another attack and was taken to the hospital
(c) He ran away to be Capped
(d) He recovered
12. Who is the first to join the group?
13. Who is in the party that sets off the avalanche?
(a) Pa, Andy and Laurie
(b) Karl, Hanna and Rudi
(c) Andy, Laurie and Yone
(d) Yone, Pa and Laurie
14. Who is Rudi's father?
(a) The policeman
(b) The mailman
(c) The gardener
(d) The owner of the general store
15. What does Angela buy Ilse for her birthday gift?
(a) A necklace
(b) A card
(c) A doll
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurie buy in the village after the villagers are Capped?
2. What does Rudi's mother say about her ailment after being Capped?
3. How is the family able to get through airport security?
4. What happens to the plane's captain?
5. How long does it take for the Tripods to send a replacement for the patrols?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)