Preface and Chapter 1
1. What company planned to sponsor a television adaptation of the Tripods?
(a) American Broadcasting Corporation
(b) British Broadcasting Corporation
(c) Public Broadcasting Corporation
(d) Japanese Broadcasting Corporation
2. How many parts of the series were originally planned?
3. How many were actually made?
4. Who is the panelist who is critical of the idea that the Tripods don't have infrared capabilities?
(a) A chemist
(b) An astronomer
(c) A biologist
(d) A science fiction writer
5. What does the author say is a fundamental weakness of science fiction books?
(a) The fact that all the good stories have already been told
(b) The inability to guess the future
(c) The lack of imagination of most writers
(d) The tendency to overestimate invaders
6. What is the name of the planet the Master comes from, according to the author?
(d) The planet isn't named
7. What does the author say is often the key to winning a battle?
(a) The exploitation of another's weakness
(b) The ability to adapt to new weapons
(c) The strengths of the agressor
(d) The use of technology
(read all 180 Multiple Choice Questions and Answers)
This section contains 4,551 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)