|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which way do Sean and Duff decide to travel?
(a) East, toward the forest.
(b) West, toward the desert.
(c) East, toward the desert.
(d) West, toward the forest.
2. Why does Sean invite Curtis and Francois out for drinks after Duff has been gone for a while?
(a) He heard rumors about them.
(b) He's looking to start a new business venture.
(c) He's bored without Duff around.
(d) He wants to tell them Hradsky is after their stake.
3. Why doesn't Sean shoot Duff when he realizes Duff is rabid?
(a) He couldn't find a gun.
(b) Sean tried, but couldn't bring himself to do it.
(c) He made a promise that he would not.
(d) Duff started to show signs that he might recover.
4. Why is Sean anxious to return to camp to help the women?
(a) Because he wants to see Katrina.
(b) Because he is concerned about Mbejane.
(c) Because he can't stand being around Jan Paulus.
(d) Because he wants to see Ouma.
5. What happens after Sean and Katrina share a bed?
(a) She loves him even more.
(b) They find a priest right away and are married.
(c) She decides it was a mistake.
(d) Her stomach starts to grow with pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sean insist wears a new uniform?
2. When the Leroux group return, when is the fight declared over?
3. Who wants to know whether or not Sean is going to go hunting?
4. How does Sean almost get trampled by an elephant?
5. What agreement do Sean and Duff make to keep their 50/50 partnership?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jan and Sean seem to be competing so fiercely over everything?
2. Why does Katrina ask Sean to put his name in her family bible?
3. Why does Katrina want to leave Johannesburg?
4. Sean welcomes the Leroux's to his camp, but the mood quickly changes. What happens that causes the mood to change, and what happens with the Leroux's return?
5. What happens to Katrina as a result of her illness? What was the emotional impact?
6. Describe the actions leading up to Sean's attack. Should he have tried to save the dogs or should he have tried to escape?
7. Should Sean or Duff seriously consider building a collaboration with Hradsky in Chapter 23?
8. What happens to Duff when he finally shows signs of rabies?
9. After Katrina's death, Sean does not return to Ladyburg. Where does he go and why?
10. As Duff's friend, Sean has to make a promise that he knows he cannot keep to Duff. What is that promise, and what does he feel about what he has to do in the end?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)