|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Sean and Duff's convoy slow their pace some?
2. What does the Father require before he will marry Sean and Katrina?
(a) Someone to give away the bride.
(b) A bible.
(c) Written vows.
(d) A ring.
3. What is Sean doing when he realizes Duff is rabid?
(a) Sleeping near Duff.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Playing cards with Duff.
4. How does Sean finally end Duff's suffering?
(a) He shoots him after convulsions snap Duff's back.
(b) He sets the hut on fire once Duff has passed out.
(c) He hits him over the head before things get really bad.
(d) He wraps the chain around Duff and throws him in the river.
5. Where does Sean's family arrive at after leaving the Limpopo river?
(c) Louis Trichardt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sean while he's trying to get to Nova Sofala?
2. What dowry does the new bride's family offer Sean?
3. What happens when Sean finds the mountain village?
4. How does Duff start to feel about Candy after Duff and Sean find success and are building their new home?
5. Why does Candy want to talk to Sean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katrina want to leave Johannesburg?
2. What happens to Duff when he finally shows signs of rabies?
3. What does Mbejane mean when he compares Sean to a stallion who does not know how to kick down a fence?
4. Why doesn't Hlubi want to leave the mountain village with Sean? What reason does he give, and what is the real reason?
5. Katrina is wrong about what she thinks is going on between Sean and Candy. How could she find out what is really going on?
6. Why do Jan and Sean seem to be competing so fiercely over everything?
7. Sean takes Duff's death really hard. What gets him to finally laugh again?
8. Why does Sean need to bring a priest back to the camp so quickly?
9. Sean goes running after the Leroux camp when he finds they've left in the morning. Why? What does he have to do to get what he wants?
10. What makes Sean decide to slow down in Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)