|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening at the camp when Sean returns from Nova Sofala?
(a) Katrina has left.
(b) Mbejane has been injured in an elephant attack.
(c) Katrina is in labor.
(d) Mbejane has delivered Katrina's baby.
2. Who does Sean insist wears a new uniform?
3. Why does Sean attempt to stop the clerk Duff sends to the exchange?
(a) They need to change the terms of the sale.
(b) They don't have enough shares to cover the sale Duff made.
(c) He wants to purchase shares, not sell them.
(d) He wants to sell more shares than Duff ordered.
4. Who stays behind when Sean leaves the mountain village?
5. Where does Sean's family arrive at after leaving the Limpopo river?
(a) Louis Trichardt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Duff start to feel about Candy after Duff and Sean find success and are building their new home?
2. What happens to Katrina and Sean's second baby?
3. What does Sean's old neighbor tell him?
4. Who does Candy turn to for comfort after she finds out that Duff has left?
5. What prompts Katrina to let Sean into her bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sean goes running after the Leroux camp when he finds they've left in the morning. Why? What does he have to do to get what he wants?
2. Why won't the priest marry Sean and Katrina? What does Sean do?
3. Sean welcomes the Leroux's to his camp, but the mood quickly changes. What happens that causes the mood to change, and what happens with the Leroux's return?
4. Should Sean or Duff seriously consider building a collaboration with Hradsky in Chapter 23?
5. Why does Katrina ask Sean to put his name in her family bible?
6. What happens to Duff when he finally shows signs of rabies?
7. After Katrina's death, Sean does not return to Ladyburg. Where does he go and why?
8. What all does Sean have to do once he realizes Duff is gone in Chapter 25?
9. What does Sean do with his stillborn son?
10. Why does Sean return so quickly to Candy's Deep alone in Chapter 21?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)