|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Katrina and Sean name the baby?
2. Which of the men feel more comfortable in the wilderness?
3. How much is Sean making on his share of the ivory?
(a) The equivalent of a few ounces of gold.
(b) A fraction of what he feels he deserves.
(c) More than he can believe.
(d) The equivalent of a good day at the exchange.
4. What does the Father require before he will marry Sean and Katrina?
(a) Written vows.
(b) A ring.
(c) Someone to give away the bride.
(d) A bible.
5. What does Sean tell Duff when he returns to Johannesburg after leaving Candy before they could marry?
(a) He did the right thing.
(b) He didn't tell him anything, because he won't speak to him.
(c) He understands why he left, but doesn't agree with it.
(d) What he did was lousy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sean get trapped in the mine?
2. Where do Sean, Duff, and the Zulus stop first on their journey?
3. What is Sean trying to find in Nova Sofala?
4. Who does Sean sell his wagon loads of ivory to?
5. Who does Sean meet in Nova Sofala?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Katrina's death, Sean does not return to Ladyburg. Where does he go and why?
2. What happens to Katrina as a result of her illness? What was the emotional impact?
3. Along with access to water, why do the men decide to travel away from the desert?
4. Why doesn't Hlubi want to leave the mountain village with Sean? What reason does he give, and what is the real reason?
5. Why won't the priest marry Sean and Katrina? What does Sean do?
6. Katrina is wrong about what she thinks is going on between Sean and Candy. How could she find out what is really going on?
7. What does Mbejane mean when he compares Sean to a stallion who does not know how to kick down a fence?
8. What happens to Duff when he finally shows signs of rabies?
9. Why does Katrina ask Sean to put his name in her family bible?
10. What makes Sean decide to slow down in Chapter 2?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)