|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name Mbejane mean?
2. How do Sean and Duff start to spend their fortune?
(a) They erect a statue in their honor in town.
(b) They build a new hotel.
(c) They build a new town hall.
(d) They take 100 acres and build a magnificent home.
3. How does the orderly officer react when the Ladyburg Mounted Rifles show up at the battle site?
(a) He puts them up front in the line of battle.
(b) He sends them away.
(c) He sends them up far off to the side behind the engineers so the General does not see them.
(d) He sends them to the backlines so they won't be in danger.
4. Where does Garrick go after his altercation with Sean?
(a) He goes to his mother's house with Anna.
(b) He stumbles out and wanders until he can go no further.
(c) He retreats to the barn.
(d) He tells Anna Sean is leaving.
5. When does Sean intend to return to Ladyburg?
(a) He is planning on returning in a few months.
(b) He is coming back after a few days.
(c) He doesn't intend to return.
(d) As long as it takes for Garrick to calm down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garrick believe happened between Sean and Anna?
2. How does Anna react to Garrick on their last night of their honeymoon?
3. How does Anna secretly feel about Theunis Kraal?
4. Sean starts to consider getting married after seeing Garrick and Anna are married. Who does he consider marrying?
5. In what new venture do Dufford and Sean have a fifty-fifty partnership?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Digger's Committee take on more social responsibility in Chapter 13?
2. What are Sean and Duff able to do with all the money from the leader of gold they found?
3. Is the way the orderly officer reacts to the regiment in Chapter 18 appropriate? Why or why not?
4. How does Anna's reaction to each brother effect Garrick in Chapter 9?
5. Explain how both Garrick and Anna feel about Sean's return in Chapter 25.
6. Does Anna fully understood the magnitude of the lie she told Garrick?
7. How does the way that Anna and Garrick marry in Chapter 22 symbolize their relationship?
8. How does Garrick feel about his heroic act in Chapter 20?
9. What are the ethical implications of Sean and Duff buying out their friend in Chapter 16?
10. How does the relationship between Anna and Sean change between Chapters 10 - 12?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)