|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attends Anna and Garrick's wedding?
(b) Friends and family.
(c) No one.
(d) Anna's family.
2. How does the orderly officer react when the Ladyburg Mounted Rifles show up at the battle site?
(a) He sends them to the backlines so they won't be in danger.
(b) He puts them up front in the line of battle.
(c) He sends them away.
(d) He sends them up far off to the side behind the engineers so the General does not see them.
3. What is Garrick told upon regaining consciousness?
(a) His home town was attacked.
(b) His father and brother are dead.
(c) The men in his regiment are gone.
(d) He's lost an arm.
4. What ulterior motive does Anna have for visiting Garrick?
(a) She is pregnant and alone.
(b) She wants him to loan her money.
(c) She missed him and his brother.
(d) She is looking for Sean.
5. After narrowly escaping an ambush, what does Sean return to find?
(a) The entire regiment, including his father, has been attacked and killed.
(b) His friends and neighbors have returned to Ladyburg.
(c) The regiment has moved out.
(d) The regiment has been scattered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting to greet Anna and Garrick when they return to Theunis Kraal?
2. What do Duff and Sean find the night they receive their last possible amount of money?
3. Where are Sean and Duff headed after they leave Dundee?
4. What sends Garrick back into a delirious fog?
5. What rank does Waite Courtney hold in the regiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the ethical implications of Sean and Duff buying out their friend in Chapter 16?
2. What are Sean and Duff able to do with all the money from the leader of gold they found?
3. How does the relationship between Anna and Sean change between Chapters 10 - 12?
4. How do Sean and Duff find out claim jumpers are coming and why in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Garrick black out at Baboon Stroom in Chapter 31?
6. How does the way that Anna and Garrick marry in Chapter 22 symbolize their relationship?
7. Explain how both Garrick and Anna feel about Sean's return in Chapter 25.
8. Sean trusts Duff with the rest of his money in Chapter 6 after knowing him for a short period of time. Was that a wise move?
9. Why does Ada really leave Theunis Kraal in Chapter 25?
10. How could Garrick have approached the conflict differently with his brother in Chapter 30?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)