|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sean, Duff, and the Zulus stop first on their journey?
2. What does Sean throw himself into in order to forget about what happened with Duff?
(a) Repairing wagons.
(b) Moving camp.
(c) Hunting elephants.
(d) Hunting lions.
3. How does fatherhood effect Sean?
(a) He loves his son, but lets Katrina care for him.
(b) He feels a strong sense of responsibility, but doesn't feel a strong sense of attachment.
(c) He does not seem to be effected.
(d) He is unbelievably proud and loves his son.
4. What do Sean and Duff do to lower the price of CRC shares?
(a) They purchase as many shares as they can.
(b) They sell off the shares they own.
(c) They convince Hradsky to purchase all their shares.
(d) They convince others to sell off their shares.
5. What happens after Sean and Katrina share a bed?
(a) She decides it was a mistake.
(b) They find a priest right away and are married.
(c) Her stomach starts to grow with pregnancy.
(d) She loves him even more.
6. What dowry does the new bride's family offer Sean?
(a) Three wagons and three horses.
(c) Four wagons and four horses.
(d) Three wagons and four horses.
7. How much is Sean making on his share of the ivory?
(a) A fraction of what he feels he deserves.
(b) More than he can believe.
(c) The equivalent of a few ounces of gold.
(d) The equivalent of a good day at the exchange.
8. Why is Sean in such a rage when he reaches Candy's Deep the day of the cave in?
(a) He had an argument with another man at the exchange.
(b) He's lost a lot of money in the exchange.
(c) He's been drinking, and he's angry with Mbejane.
(d) He's been drinking, and he is upset about Duff and Candy's engagement.
9. What does Sean tell Candy when she comes to see him at the hotel after Katrina goes to church?
(a) He tells her to come back in an hour.
(b) He quickly invites her in.
(c) He asks her to stay in the hall.
(d) He tells her she cannot be there.
10. Why does Sean go running into the swollen river?
(a) He sees a member of the Leroux camp drowning.
(b) He is chasing after Ouma with the Leroux camp.
(c) His horse goes charging into the water.
(d) He is chasing the Leroux camp which has left.
11. When the Leroux group return, when is the fight declared over?
(a) Sean and Jan fight until it is declared a draw.
(b) Sean and Oupa fight until it is declared a draw.
(c) Jan gives up.
(d) Sean gives up.
12. When is Duff attacked?
(a) When he strays from camp before daybreak.
(b) When he leaves the campfire one night.
(c) While he sleeps in his tent.
(d) During the middle of a hunt in the wilderness.
13. Who shows up at Sean's camp near the river?
(a) Garrick Courtney.
(b) Norman Hradsky.
(c) Jan Paulus Leroux.
(d) Oupa Leroux.
14. When does Duff have his first convulsion?
(a) By noon.
(b) Before sunset.
(c) Before dawn the next morning.
(d) After sunset.
15. How does Candy react to the news that Duff has left?
(a) She's quiet and reserved.
(b) She threatens to kill herself.
(c) She's very upset and cries uncontrollably.
(d) She tells Sean she's leaving town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sean find Katrina when he gets out of the shower?
2. What illness affects Katrina?
3. What happens when Sean and Duff come across their first bull elephants?
4. How does Sean finally end Duff's suffering?
5. What attacks Duff?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)