|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sean anxious to return to camp to help the women?
(a) Because he wants to see Katrina.
(b) Because he is concerned about Mbejane.
(c) Because he can't stand being around Jan Paulus.
(d) Because he wants to see Ouma.
2. What do Sean and Duff do to lower the price of CRC shares?
(a) They purchase as many shares as they can.
(b) They convince others to sell off their shares.
(c) They sell off the shares they own.
(d) They convince Hradsky to purchase all their shares.
3. When is Duff attacked?
(a) When he leaves the campfire one night.
(b) While he sleeps in his tent.
(c) During the middle of a hunt in the wilderness.
(d) When he strays from camp before daybreak.
4. What does Sean tell Candy when she comes to see him at the hotel after Katrina goes to church?
(a) He tells her she cannot be there.
(b) He asks her to stay in the hall.
(c) He quickly invites her in.
(d) He tells her to come back in an hour.
5. How does Duff start to feel about Candy after Duff and Sean find success and are building their new home?
(a) He realizes how much he loves her.
(b) He thinks that Candy may not love him.
(c) He starts to wonder if marriage is the right move.
(d) He thinks Candy may leave him eventually.
6. Who goes after the medicine for Katrina?
7. How does Candy react to the news that Duff has left?
(a) She tells Sean she's leaving town.
(b) She's very upset and cries uncontrollably.
(c) She threatens to kill herself.
(d) She's quiet and reserved.
8. Who nurses Sean back to health?
(a) Ouma and Oupa.
(b) Mbejane and Ouma.
(c) Katrina and Mbejane.
(d) Jan Paulus and Katrina.
9. Where does Sean have the servants put Duff?
(a) In the same place as the dog.
(b) Chained to a tree in a tent.
(c) Chained to a tree in a hut 50 yards away.
(d) In one of the wagons.
10. What does the doctor say is wrong with Katrina at the end of the book?
(a) High fever.
(b) She is pregnant again.
(c) Paralytic hysteria.
(d) Malaria outbreak.
11. Who does Sean see from home in a bar in Pretoria when he and Katrina come back to town?
(a) Dennis Petersen.
(b) Joseph Allman.
(d) Mr. Pye.
12. What attacks Duff?
(a) A starving lion.
(b) A rabid jackal.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A rabid warthog.
13. How much is Sean making on his share of the ivory?
(a) The equivalent of a few ounces of gold.
(b) More than he can believe.
(c) A fraction of what he feels he deserves.
(d) The equivalent of a good day at the exchange.
14. What is the name of Sean and Duff's first home they build together?
(d) Theunis Kraal.
15. Who shows up at Sean's camp near the river?
(a) Norman Hradsky.
(b) Garrick Courtney.
(c) Oupa Leroux.
(d) Jan Paulus Leroux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sean and Duff argue about back at camp?
2. Who makes Duff and Sean an offer to consolidate their interests?
3. What illness affects Katrina?
4. What happens after Sean and Katrina share a bed?
5. Where does Sean's family arrive at after leaving the Limpopo river?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)