|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sends Garrick back into a delirious fog?
(a) Infection in his new leg.
(b) The fear of falling out of bed.
(c) Pain as he puts on his new leg.
(d) The fear of falling off his peg leg.
2. Who comes after Sean with table legs ready to fight?
(a) A Portuguese man.
(c) A Zulu worker.
3. What does Hradsky call the men together to discuss?
(a) Creating a stock exchange.
(b) Starting a social club.
(c) Combining their claims.
(d) He's leaving town and wants them to take over his claims.
4. How does Duff know Sean has no more reservations about their friendship?
(a) He allows Duff to use his servents.
(b) He gives Duff most of the money he has left.
(c) None of these options.
(d) He tells Duff the truth about why he left home.
5. What do Duff and Sean find the night they receive their last possible amount of money?
(a) The leader ribbon of gold.
(b) Some of the servents have abandoned the mine.
(c) Men trapped in the mine.
(d) A few small pieces of gold.
6. What does Duff get with the last amount money he receives from a local business owner?
(a) Parts for the stamp mill.
(b) Nice clothes for him and Sean.
(c) Extra wagons.
(d) Prime beef chops for dinner.
7. Who do Sean, Duff, and Hradsky take over when he leaves himself vulnerable?
(a) Max Allman.
(b) Francois du Toit.
(c) Karl Lochtkamper.
(d) Joseph Pye.
8. Who gives Sean and his new acquaintance a rock to examine?
(a) The bartender.
(b) A prospector in the bar.
(c) Someone at their camp.
(d) A friend of Mbejane.
9. Duff and Sean receive information that someone is looking to purchase valuable stakes. Who do some of the most valuable stakes belong to?
(a) Norman Hradsky.
(b) Francois du Toit.
(c) Candella Rautenbach.
(d) Max Allman.
10. What position has Waite finally accepted?
(c) Chairman of the Farmers Association.
(d) Chairman of the Cattle Growers Association.
11. Who does Sean torment endlessly during school?
(a) Ms. Courtney.
(c) Mr. Clark.
12. When do Sean and Duff run out of money needed to keep Candy's Deep running?
(a) Valentines Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
13. Where is the last place Sean visits before leaving Ladyburg?
(a) He goes back to Theunis Kraal one more time.
(b) He goes to visit Mr. Pye at the bank.
(c) He goes to Audrey's house.
(d) He goes to the local tavern.
14. Why is Garrick offered the Victorian Cross?
(a) He helped rescue prisoners.
(b) He fell against the door and held back the Zulus.
(c) He transported men to safety.
(d) He took on a group of Zulu warriors himself.
15. New Years Day is a double celebration in Ladyburg for what reason?
(a) They are celebrating the men going off to war.
(b) They are dedicating a new town center.
(c) They are also celebrating new town members.
(d) They are celebrating a marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Garrick to use his new leg?
2. How does Duff cover the cost of the equipment he's purchased when the claims deal falls through?
3. How does Sean convince Anna to consummate their relationship?
4. What is the name of Sean and Duff's new mine?
5. How does the orderly officer react when the Ladyburg Mounted Rifles show up at the battle site?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)