|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, The Wilderness: Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ideas does Sean have to save and make money?
(a) Lease as much land as possible for grazing.
(b) Buy as much land as possible for grazing.
(c) All options.
(d) Sell most of the cattle before the war, and buy them back for half the price after.
2. When is Duff attacked?
(a) While he sleeps in his tent.
(b) When he leaves the campfire one night.
(c) When he strays from camp before daybreak.
(d) During the middle of a hunt in the wilderness.
3. How does Sean get trapped in the mine?
(a) He runs back to warn the men at the face then trips.
(b) He is knocked unconcious by falling rocks.
(c) He follows Francois down the wrong tunnel.
(d) He is trapped by the stamp mill.
4. What is the name of Sean and Duff's new mine?
(a) Gold's Deep.
(b) Candy's Deep.
(c) Candy's Mine.
(d) Gold Strike Mine.
5. What happens when Sean comes home and asks about Garrick's leg?
(a) Garrick happily shows him his new peg leg.
(b) Garrick's fear of the leg sends him back into a delirium.
(c) His father tells him about the episode Garrick had.
(d) The mood grows tense and terse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does their father give the twins for Christmas?
2. How does Candy react to the news that Duff has left?
3. What happens when Garrick goes down the hall with the gun to find Sean?
4. What does Garrick try for the first time during his honeymoon with Anna?
5. Who is Nikki speaking to when Duff goes to find him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)