|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Natal: Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sean trade chores with Garrick?
(a) Garrick's peg leg was broken, and he was unable to get around.
(b) Garrick likes mixing dip tanks better than branding.
(c) He continues to feel guilty about causing his brother's accident.
(d) Garrick asked him to trade with him.
2. What sends Garrick back into a delirious fog?
(a) Infection in his new leg.
(b) The fear of falling out of bed.
(c) Pain as he puts on his new leg.
(d) The fear of falling off his peg leg.
3. How does Anna react to Garrick on their last night of their honeymoon?
(a) She is terrified of him.
(b) She is embarrased by his drinking.
(c) She ignores his advances.
(d) She laughs at him for not being able to perform, and she sends him away.
4. What happens when Sean trades chores with Garrick?
(a) Sean is injured in a branding accident.
(b) Garrick doesn't mix the dipping tanks correctly, and several cattle die as a result.
(c) Crops are destroyed when the cattle herd stampedes.
(d) A servent is trampled by angry cattle.
5. Who does Sean torment endlessly during school?
(a) Mr. Clark.
(b) Ms. Courtney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garrick anxiously await as he recovers?
2. How does Sean escape the Zulu column pursuing him?
3. How was Sean ambushed during the Chelmsford campaign?
4. What ulterior motive does Anna have for visiting Garrick?
5. What ideas does Sean have to save and make money?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)