|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Natal: Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Garrick tries to join Anna in their honeymoon suite?
(a) She cries.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She asks him to sleep on the couch.
(d) She is already asleep.
2. What prompts Garrick to use his new leg?
(a) The desire to increase his level of freedom and return to school.
(b) Sean's help and caring as Garrick learns to use the leg.
(c) Sean's ability to boost his brother's confidence.
(d) Each of these factors.
3. Several emotions are felt as a result of Garrick's accident. Who is angry with Sean?
4. How does the orderly officer react when the Ladyburg Mounted Rifles show up at the battle site?
(a) He sends them up far off to the side behind the engineers so the General does not see them.
(b) He puts them up front in the line of battle.
(c) He sends them to the backlines so they won't be in danger.
(d) He sends them away.
5. Why is Garrick offered the Victorian Cross?
(a) He fell against the door and held back the Zulus.
(b) He transported men to safety.
(c) He helped rescue prisoners.
(d) He took on a group of Zulu warriors himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sean escape the Zulu column pursuing him?
2. What news does Waite bring from Pietermaritzburg?
3. What rank does Waite Courtney hold in the regiment?
4. How was Sean ambushed during the Chelmsford campaign?
5. What does the name Mbejane mean?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)