Part 1, Natal: Chapters 1-3 | Part 1, Natal: Chapters 4-6
• The dynamic between the two brothers is introduced.
• That dynamic changes when Garrick is accidentally shot by Sean during a hunting trip.
• Sean feels an immense sense of grief because he is the one responsible.
• Garrick has difficulty recovering at first, and his father believes he is dying at one point.
• As he recovers, Garrick looks forward to his brother's weekends at home from school.
• His father widdles him a wooden peg leg, which Garrick is excited about at first, but then develops an irrational fear of falling.
Part 1, Natal: Chapters 7-9 | Part 1, Natal: Chapters 10-12
• During one of Sean's visits home from school, he inquires about Garrick's new leg, not knowing what had happened while he was gone.
• The initial reaction is not positive, although Sean does give Garrick the confidence and help he needs to learn...
This section contains 2,784 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)