|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The father provides examples of ___________________ of Japanese people.
(a) bad habits.
(b) the food of.
(c) the religions.
2. The father sarcastically admits to cutting arrow-shaped swaths through which fields?
3. What does the boy's sister make him do when she changes clothes?
(a) Turn his head.
(b) Put up a room divider.
(c) Turn off the light.
(d) Leave the room.
4. Why is the boy worried about his sister?
(a) She cries all the time.
(b) She spends more time with other kids.
(c) She talks about suicide.
(d) She won't get out of bed.
5. What does the father admit to doing during blackouts?
(a) Leaving his lights on.
(b) Sending up flares.
(c) Sending coded messages.
(d) Pulling the window shades down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy receive as a Christmas gift from a woman in Ohio?
2. The father answers accusations about ___________________.
3. Why can the father not find a new job?
4. Why doe the Army recruiters come to the camp again?
5. What personal element from his father did the boy save?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the father conclude his confession?
2. What does the father "admit" to doing that made him a threat to the U.S.?
3. What are the physical and psychological states of the camp in the autumn of 1942?
4. Who does the father address in his confession in Chapter 5?
5. Describe how the winter takes its toll on the people in the camps.
6. What could account for the family's not receiving much mail while they were detained in the camp?
7. Describe what the family did after the father's arrest when they did not know what had happened to him.
8. What does the boy learn about the details of another boy's father's arrest that is more disturbing than his own father's arrest?
9. What valuable advice does the boy receive from his father in a letter?
10. What is the social environment like for the Japanese-Americans when they return home?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)