|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman packs away comics and _______________ in her son's room.
(a) sports equipment.
(b) video games.
2. What is hanging on the woman's daughter's door?
(a) A poster.
(b) A name plate.
(c) A Do Not Disturb sign.
(d) A pair of ballet shoes.
3. The story is told about the period of _________________.
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
4. What item of his father's does the boy have with him?
(a) A pair of gloves.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A watch.
(d) A pipe.
5. In the camp there are rules about what words cannot be said and about _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy's father say is the thing he likes most about America?
2. In what year does the story begin?
3. Why does the boy's sister wear a Panama hat?
4. The train the family is on is bound for _______________.
5. What does the mother tell the boy they will do when the war is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the woman's visit to the hardware store.
2. What is the premise of WHEN THE EMPEROR WAS DIVINE?
3. What is the irony of the picture the boy hangs on his wall in the camp?
4. What is the girl prompted to remember when viewing the image on a playing card?
5. Describe the family's experience at Tanforan as explained by the girl.
6. How much time has passed since the family's initial move and from whose perspective in Chapter 2 told?
7. Why does the girl lie about her father to to the man named Ted?
8. What is the timing of the relocation effort and why was the woman's husband arrested prior to this relocation?
9. What directions does the mother give the boy for his behavior in the camp?
10. How is the girl's naivete exhibited when she waves to people from the train?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)