|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book is about a ________________________ family.
2. What season is it when the story begins?
3. Which magazine shows images from the war?
4. How do the people in #7 know they are to be relocated?
(a) They are visited by authorities.
(b) There are signs posted.
(c) They got a letter.
(d) They get a telegram.
5. The woman eventually buys tape and _______________ at the hardware store.
(d) putty knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes the people who are sleeping on the train?
2. What does the woman fix for dinner?
3. The boy often fantasizes about ______________________.
4. What did the family live in while at the Tanforan Racetrack?
5. What does the boy say that his father is fond of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the girl prompted to remember when viewing the image on a playing card?
2. What directions does the mother give the boy for his behavior in the camp?
3. Describe the last ordinary night the family has in their home.
4. How can the woman's demeanor be described during her preparations for the family's move?
5. How is the girl's naivete exhibited when she waves to people from the train?
6. Describe the living conditions of the mother, the boy and the girl in Utah.
7. What does the boy recall about his father being taken away and what his mother did after that night to try to keep the family safe?
8. How do the boy and his camp friends show more naivete than harmful intentions in some of their games and habits?
9. What does the girl tell a man about her father as they wait in line for the restroom?
10. What does the soldier advise the girl to stop doing on the train and what does he make the train's occupants do while passing through a town in Nevada?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)