|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The girl remembers a vacation to the location in #47 where she had _____________ for dinner every night.
2. Which of the following does the boy's mother NOT warn him about?
(a) Don't talk to the guards.
(b) Don't stare at the sun.
(c) Don't say the emperor's name out loud.
(d) Don't chew with your mouth full.
3. The boy has a picture of whom fastened to the wall?
(a) Joe DiMaggio.
(b) Mickey Mouse.
(c) Little Orphan Annie.
4. How often does the girl's father write letters to the family?
5. The woman's husband had first been taken to Montana and then to ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometimes the boy thinks he is dreaming and will wake up to see his father ____________________.
2. What is the main story of newspapers during this time?
3. The girl tells the man in #42 that her father is being held in which state?
4. What does the woman fix for dinner?
5. What did the girl's father send her for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last ordinary night the family has in their home.
2. Why does the girl lie about her father to to the man named Ted?
3. Describe the living conditions of the mother, the boy and the girl in Utah.
4. How do the girl's recollection of the family trip to Yosemite and her father's travels provide some insight into the father's arrest?
5. What does the girl tell a man about her father as they wait in line for the restroom?
6. Describe the woman's visit to the hardware store.
7. What does the boy think he might have done that caused the family to be in such distressing situations?
8. What is the irony of the picture the boy hangs on his wall in the camp?
9. What directions does the mother give the boy for his behavior in the camp?
10. Describe the family's experience at Tanforan as explained by the girl.
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)