|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl throw out the train window?
(a) An apple core.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A pillow.
2. What does the mother tell the boy they will do when the war is over?
(a) Go to the Grand Canyon.
(b) Go to Japan.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go to Disneyland.
3. What had the person in #86 given to the boy when he left home?
(a) A book.
(b) A feather.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A blue stone.
4. What does the woman do with the cat since pets are not permitted at the internment camp?
(a) She gives it to the neighbor.
(b) She lets it run away.
(c) She takes it to a shelter.
(d) She gives it to their minister.
5. How are the people transported from the train to the camp?
6. Where is the Tanforan Horse Racing Track located?
(a) Tucson, Arizona.
(b) Seattle, Washingon.
(c) Davenport, Iowa.
(d) San Francisco.
7. Who is the Japanese Emperor?
8. How often does the girl's father write letters to the family?
9. What snack does the woman give her children after school?
(b) Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
(c) Apples and barley water.
(d) Carrot sticks and cheese chunks.
10. Who is the mother's former housekeeper who is also at the camp?
(a) Mrs. Saitou
(b) Mrs. Ueno.
(c) Mrs. Kobayashi
(d) Mrs. Itou
11. What item does the woman search for in town but all the stores are sold out?
(a) Duffel Bags.
(b) Garment bags.
(c) Tissue paper.
(d) Packing tape.
12. Who was the boy's next door friend back home?
13. The girl has a collection of __________________ from her father.
(a) match books.
(c) newspaper articles.
14. What does the girl throw out the train window?
15. What does the boy's father say is the thing he likes most about America?
(c) Jelly donuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days is a woman packing after she sees the first internment notice?
2. When had the woman's husband been arrested?
3. The woman's husband had first been taken to Montana and then to ________________.
4. What does the girl remember doing with her father in the early mornings?
5. This book is about a ________________________ family.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)