|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main story of newspapers during this time?
(a) The war.
(b) Cotton prices.
(d) Political election.
2. Which magazine shows images from the war?
3. People of which descent are to be relocated?
4. What does the girl see in the moonlight when she looks out the train window?
5. The hardware store owner compliments the woman on her ___________________.
(a) new hairstyle.
(b) new hat.
(c) new home.
(d) new glasses.
6. Who was the boy's next door friend back home?
7. Which one in the family is a good artist?
(a) The father.
(b) The girl.
(c) The boy.
(d) The mother.
8. How do the people in #7 know they are to be relocated?
(a) They got a letter.
(b) They get a telegram.
(c) There are signs posted.
(d) They are visited by authorities.
9. What does the War Relocation Authority allow some camp residents to do?
(a) Work in offices.
(b) Return to their homes.
(c) Leave to work for farmers.
(d) Move to different camps.
10. Where does the woman store all the boxes packed with household items?
(a) A locked room in the house.
(b) The basement.
(c) The garage.
(d) A storage shed.
11. The mother told her children if asked to say they were _________________, not Japanese.
12. What does the woman in #70 do when she sees the boy's mother one day?
(a) Walks the other way.
(b) Bows deeply before her.
(c) Carries her bucket of water for her.
(d) Spits on her.
13. When had the woman's husband been arrested?
(a) Last week.
(b) Three weeks ago.
(c) Two months ago.
(d) Four months ago.
14. Who is the man with whom the girl talks while waiting in line for the restroom?
(a) Tom Suzuki.
(b) Mike Nakamura.
(c) Bill Watanabe.
(d) Ted Ishimoto.
15. What has the woman come to the hardware store to buy?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) A saw.
(d) A hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometimes the boy thinks he is dreaming and will wake up to see his father ____________________.
2. Where do the woman and her children have to report the next morning?
3. What treat does the hardware store owner give to the woman for her children?
4. What does the boy sometimes wonder about why his father was sent away and the rest of the family sent to the desert?
5. The boy often fantasizes about ______________________.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)