|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl's brother want to be when he grows up?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) An astronaut.
(c) A jockey.
(d) A professor.
2. What does the woman do as she eats her lunch?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Listens to the radio.
3. Who is the only one of his friends who writes to the boy?
4. The girl remembers a vacation to the location in #47 where she had _____________ for dinner every night.
5. What is stamped on the husband's letters to his wife?
(a) Defense Enlistment Postage Due.
(b) Deferred Enemy Internment Mail.
(c) Detained Enemy Alien Mail.
(d) Detained Enemy Camp Mail.
6. Sometimes the boy thinks he is dreaming and will wake up to see his father ____________________.
(a) reading the newspaper.
(b) washing the car.
(c) mowing the lawn.
(d) cooking breakfast.
7. The girl and boy work together on a drawing of __________________.
(a) their cat.
(b) their house.
(c) their school.
(d) their father.
8. What does the War Relocation Authority allow some camp residents to do?
(a) Move to different camps.
(b) Return to their homes.
(c) Leave to work for farmers.
(d) Work in offices.
9. What does the boy often watch with his sister?
(a) Volleyball games.
(c) Puppet shows.
(d) The guards.
10. What season is it when the story begins?
11. At the internment camp in Utah, the boy thinks he sees _______________ everywhere.
(a) his best friend.
(b) his father.
12. What does the woman fix for dinner?
13. What does the boy's mother ration?
(d) Facial cream.
14. The mother told her children if asked to say they were _________________, not Japanese.
15. What does the boy listen to on the radio at night?
(a) Hit Parade music show.
(b) Roy Rogers & Dale Evans Show.
(c) War reports.
(d) The Little Orphan Annie Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl remember doing with her father in the early mornings?
2. When had the woman's husband been arrested?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about the family's experience at Tanforan Racetrack?
4. What does the boy sometimes wonder about why his father was sent away and the rest of the family sent to the desert?
5. What is an ever-present nuisance for the families?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)