|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman do with the cat since pets are not permitted at the internment camp?
(a) She lets it run away.
(b) She takes it to a shelter.
(c) She gives it to their minister.
(d) She gives it to the neighbor.
2. Why can the girl not eat the oranges on the train?
(a) She does not like oranges.
(b) Her mother won't allow it.
(c) They are moldy.
(d) She has motion sickness.
3. What does the boy say that his father is fond of?
(b) Baseball games.
(c) Nice suits.
(d) His pipe.
4. What does the woman do to the old dog she has fed?
(a) Lets it sleep in the house.
(b) Takes it to a shelter.
(c) Smashes it in the head with a shovel.
(d) Gives it to the neighbors.
5. Who is the old woman who sometimes thinks she hears her mother calling her?
(a) Mrs. Yamamoto.
(b) Mrs. Satou.
(c) Mrs. Takahashi.
(d) Mrs. Kato.
6. What is stamped on the husband's letters to his wife?
(a) Defense Enlistment Postage Due.
(b) Deferred Enemy Internment Mail.
(c) Detained Enemy Alien Mail.
(d) Detained Enemy Camp Mail.
7. How old is the woman?
8. The story is told about the period of _________________.
(a) World War I.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) World War II.
9. What did the family live in while at the Tanforan Racetrack?
(b) Horse stall.
10. This book is about a ________________________ family.
11. Which magazine shows images from the war?
12. What does the girl throw out the train window?
13. The children and their mother live in a single room in ___________________.
(a) a convention center.
(b) a dormitory.
(c) a tar-papered barracks.
(d) an old motel.
14. The woman packs away comics and _______________ in her son's room.
(b) sports equipment.
(c) video games.
15. Who is the only one of his friends who writes to the boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl has a collection of __________________ from her father.
2. What does the girl see in the moonlight when she looks out the train window?
3. The woman eventually buys tape and _______________ at the hardware store.
4. Why has the girl still not written to her father?
5. What item of his father's does the boy have with him?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)