|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man with whom the girl talks while waiting in line for the restroom?
(a) Bill Watanabe.
(b) Ted Ishimoto.
(c) Mike Nakamura.
(d) Tom Suzuki.
2. Why has the girl still not written to her father?
(a) Because it is hard to get paper.
(b) Because every day seems like the next.
(c) Because she is not sure what to say.
(d) Because she is too sad.
3. What snack does the woman give her children after school?
(a) Carrot sticks and cheese chunks.
(b) Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
(d) Apples and barley water.
4. What does the boy often watch with his sister?
(a) Puppet shows.
(c) The guards.
(d) Volleyball games.
5. The girl tells the man in #42 that her father is being held in which state?
(a) New Mexico.
(c) North Dakota.
6. Which of the following does the boy's mother NOT warn him about?
(a) Don't talk to the guards.
(b) Don't stare at the sun.
(c) Don't say the emperor's name out loud.
(d) Don't chew with your mouth full.
7. Where does the woman store all the boxes packed with household items?
(a) The garage.
(b) A locked room in the house.
(c) A storage shed.
(d) The basement.
8. Who took the boy's father away in the middle of the night?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The local sheriff.
(d) The local police.
9. What item of his father's does the boy have with him?
(a) A watch.
(b) A pair of gloves.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A pair of shoes.
10. Who is the Japanese Emperor?
11. When had the woman's husband been arrested?
(a) Two months ago.
(b) Three weeks ago.
(c) Four months ago.
(d) Last week.
12. The woman packs away comics and _______________ in her son's room.
(a) video games.
(d) sports equipment.
13. The train the family is on is bound for _______________.
14. This book is about a ________________________ family.
15. How are the people transported from the train to the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl remembers a vacation to the location in #47 where she had _____________ for dinner every night.
2. People of which descent are to be relocated?
3. What does the boy listen to on the radio at night?
4. What does the mother tell the boy they will do when the war is over?
5. What does the girl see in the moonlight when she looks out the train window?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)