|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes the people who are sleeping on the train?
(a) A brick thrown through the window.
(b) The screeching of brakes.
(c) A gun shot.
(d) The train's whistle.
2. What is the main story of newspapers during this time?
(a) Political election.
(b) The war.
(d) Cotton prices.
3. What does the woman fix for dinner?
4. What beverage does the woman drink before hiding the bottle in the basement?
(d) Plum wine.
5. How do the people in #7 know they are to be relocated?
(a) They get a telegram.
(b) There are signs posted.
(c) They are visited by authorities.
(d) They got a letter.
6. What does the girl throw out the train window?
7. What has the woman come to the hardware store to buy?
(b) A hammer.
(c) A saw.
(d) A screwdriver.
8. Which of the following does the boy's mother NOT warn him about?
(a) Don't stare at the sun.
(b) Don't chew with your mouth full.
(c) Don't talk to the guards.
(d) Don't say the emperor's name out loud.
9. What is stamped on the husband's letters to his wife?
(a) Detained Enemy Camp Mail.
(b) Defense Enlistment Postage Due.
(c) Detained Enemy Alien Mail.
(d) Deferred Enemy Internment Mail.
10. Why can the girl not eat the oranges on the train?
(a) Her mother won't allow it.
(b) She does not like oranges.
(c) They are moldy.
(d) She has motion sickness.
11. Who is the Japanese Emperor?
12. People of which descent are to be relocated?
13. The woman eventually buys tape and _______________ at the hardware store.
(c) putty knife.
14. What season is it when the story begins?
15. The girl has a collection of __________________ from her father.
(c) match books.
(d) newspaper articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman do as she eats her lunch?
2. What does a soldier tell the occupants of the train to do while they pass through a town in Nevada?
3. What does the mother tell the boy they will do when the war is over?
4. What is an ever-present nuisance for the families?
5. How old is the woman?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)