Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1 Evacuation Order No. 19
1. What is the premise of WHEN THE EMPEROR WAS DIVINE?
2. How are Japanese-Americans notified that they are to be relocated and what indicates that people are preparing?
3. What is the timing of the relocation effort and why was the woman's husband arrested prior to this relocation?
4. Describe the woman's visit to the hardware store.
5. Why are the hardware store owner's actions significant?
6. Describe how the woman goes about packing up the family's belongings.
This section contains 1,014 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)