|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 In a Stranger's Backyard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman do as she eats her lunch?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Reads the newspaper.
(d) Reads a book.
2. How do the people in #7 know they are to be relocated?
(a) They get a telegram.
(b) They are visited by authorities.
(c) There are signs posted.
(d) They got a letter.
3. What is scattered all over the house?
(a) Broken glass.
(c) Grass clippings.
(d) Dust balls.
4. Why is the boy worried about his sister?
(a) She won't get out of bed.
(b) She cries all the time.
(c) She talks about suicide.
(d) She spends more time with other kids.
5. In what city does the family live?
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Berkeley, California.
(d) Miami, Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the mother have a hard time finding a job?
2. How old is the woman?
3. The woman packs away comics and _______________ in her son's room.
4. What does the boy's father say is the thing he likes most about America?
5. What does the boy imagine doing with his father when his father returns?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)