|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 When the Emperor Was Divine, pages 49-76.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city do the passengers disembark from the train?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) Lenexa, Kansas.
(c) Delta, Utah.
(d) Butte, Montana.
2. What had the person in #86 given to the boy when he left home?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A feather.
(c) A blue stone.
(d) A book.
3. What does the War Relocation Authority allow some camp residents to do?
(a) Return to their homes.
(b) Move to different camps.
(c) Work in offices.
(d) Leave to work for farmers.
4. What does the woman do with the cat since pets are not permitted at the internment camp?
(a) She gives it to their minister.
(b) She takes it to a shelter.
(c) She lets it run away.
(d) She gives it to the neighbor.
5. Who is the old woman who sometimes thinks she hears her mother calling her?
(a) Mrs. Kato.
(b) Mrs. Satou.
(c) Mrs. Takahashi.
(d) Mrs. Yamamoto.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the story begin?
2. What does the boy often watch with his sister?
3. How are the people transported from the train to the camp?
4. What wakes the people who are sleeping on the train?
5. What is stamped on the husband's letters to his wife?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)