|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 In a Stranger's Backyard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can the father not find a new job?
(a) No one will hire a Japanese man.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He is limited because he has no car.
(d) He is not well.
2. The woman eventually buys tape and _______________ at the hardware store.
(c) putty knife.
3. What snack does the woman give her children after school?
(a) Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
(c) Apples and barley water.
(d) Carrot sticks and cheese chunks.
4. Which of the following does the boy's mother NOT warn him about?
(a) Don't chew with your mouth full.
(b) Don't talk to the guards.
(c) Don't say the emperor's name out loud.
(d) Don't stare at the sun.
5. Which magazine shows images from the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one in the family is a good artist?
2. What is hanging on the woman's daughter's door?
3. People of which descent are to be relocated?
4. How much money is the family given when released from the internment camp?
5. What does the woman in #70 do when she sees the boy's mother one day?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)