|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 In a Stranger's Backyard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother reminds the children that many Japanese families have lost their ______________.
2. The boy shows his sister a book about ________________.
3. Why can the father not work in the company he had worked for before?
(a) It has no job openings.
(b) It is under new management.
(c) It has moved out of state.
(d) It is no longer in business.
4. Who had convinced the mother to rent the house to tenants while they were gone?
(a) A minister.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A friend.
5. The family learns that a possible reason they had not received mail from friends is because ____________________.
(a) there was a shortage of stationery items during the war.
(b) postage costs were too prohibitive.
(c) the mailman told them it was a crime to send letters to internees.
(d) they did not know where to address the letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does the family live?
2. Why can the father not find a new job?
3. What news arrives via telegram one day?
4. The mother told her children if asked to say they were _________________, not Japanese.
5. Where does the family go in Chapter 4?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)