|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 Train.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main story of newspapers during this time?
(a) The war.
(b) Political election.
(d) Cotton prices.
2. What is stamped on the husband's letters to his wife?
(a) Defense Enlistment Postage Due.
(b) Detained Enemy Camp Mail.
(c) Deferred Enemy Internment Mail.
(d) Detained Enemy Alien Mail.
3. Why has the girl still not written to her father?
(a) Because she is not sure what to say.
(b) Because it is hard to get paper.
(c) Because she is too sad.
(d) Because every day seems like the next.
4. What is hanging on the woman's daughter's door?
(a) A poster.
(b) A pair of ballet shoes.
(c) A Do Not Disturb sign.
(d) A name plate.
5. What does the woman do to the old dog she has fed?
(a) Smashes it in the head with a shovel.
(b) Takes it to a shelter.
(c) Lets it sleep in the house.
(d) Gives it to the neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl remembers a vacation to the location in #47 where she had _____________ for dinner every night.
2. What snack does the woman give her children after school?
3. What month is it as the girl, her brother and mother are on a train?
4. The image on the back of a playing card the girl sees is _____________________.
5. How many days is a woman packing after she sees the first internment notice?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)