|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 When the Emperor Was Divine, pages 77-105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the woman and her children have to report the next morning?
(a) The train station.
(b) The Civil Control Station.
(c) The fairgrounds.
(d) City Hall.
2. How old is the woman?
3. The boy often fantasizes about ______________________.
(a) being a pirate.
(b) having a Coca-Cola.
(c) playing baseball.
(d) going to the moon.
4. What is geta?
(a) Japanese paper.
(b) Japanese footwear.
(c) Japanese rice.
(d) Japanese wine.
5. Why is the boy worried about his sister?
(a) She talks about suicide.
(b) She cries all the time.
(c) She won't get out of bed.
(d) She spends more time with other kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's husband had first been taken to Montana and then to ________________.
2. The image on the back of a playing card the girl sees is _____________________.
3. What does a soldier tell the occupants of the train to do while they pass through a town in Nevada?
4. What does the girl see in the moonlight when she looks out the train window?
5. What does the boy's father say is the thing he likes most about America?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)