|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 When the Emperor Was Divine, pages 77-105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the person in #86 given to the boy when he left home?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A book.
(c) A blue stone.
(d) A feather.
2. What is an ever-present nuisance for the families?
3. What does a little girl offer to give the girl on the train?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) Comic book.
(c) Some candy.
(d) A doll.
4. What snack does the woman give her children after school?
(a) Carrot sticks and cheese chunks.
(c) Apples and barley water.
(d) Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
5. Who is the old woman who sometimes thinks she hears her mother calling her?
(a) Mrs. Takahashi.
(b) Mrs. Yamamoto.
(c) Mrs. Kato.
(d) Mrs. Satou.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the boy's favorite interests?
2. Where was the boy's father held after his arrest?
3. Why does the boys' mother leave some clothing of his father's hanging in the closet?
4. Why doe the Army recruiters come to the camp again?
5. Who is the man with whom the girl talks while waiting in line for the restroom?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)