|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 In a Stranger's Backyard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does the mother ultimately get?
(a) A restaurant cook.
(b) A dry cleaner's worker.
(c) Cleaning houses and taking in laundry.
(d) A grocery checkout girl.
2. Which religion can the detainees not practice?
3. Who is the only one of his friends who writes to the boy?
4. Why does the boy's sister wear a Panama hat?
(a) So people won't recognize her.
(b) So people will talk about her.
(c) So she feels very stylish.
(d) So her face won't get too tan.
5. What had the mother buried in the yard before leaving?
(a) The family heirlooms.
(b) The family's cash.
(c) The silverware.
(d) The coin collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the boy's father away in the middle of the night?
2. How long had the family been gone from its home?
3. What happens to the family in Chapter 4?
4. In which city do the passengers disembark from the train?
5. What did the family live in while at the Tanforan Racetrack?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)