|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Breuer dismisses Nietzsche's final argument against treatment, how does Nietzsche respond to Breuer's request?
2. Where does Nietzsche plan to go after refusing treatment in the consultation?
3. As Breuer dismisses Nietzsche's final argument against treatment, what does Breuer ask Nietzsche about his treatment?
4. What does Nietzsche plan to do when he returns to Breuer's office in two hours?
5. What do Max and Breuer do together on Friday nights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Breuer have with Max as opposed to Mathilde?
2. How is Breuer the evening after Nietzsche leaves his office without treatment?
3. Why might Nietzsche's migraines have subsided now that he is in the hospital?
4. How does Breuer feel as Nietzsche leaves his office?
5. How does Nietzsche react about Breuer's answers to his three questions?
6. How does Nietzsche behave after he becomes lucid? Why?
7. How does Breuer begin treating Nietzsche once Nietzsche won't go to treatment?
8. What is Breuer's motive in sharing his dream with Nietzsche?
9. How do Breuer and Nietzsche's life goals parallel each other?
10. After Breuer completes Nietzsche's second session, Lou Salome visits Breuer's office. Why does she storm out after Breuer talks to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Nietzsche's obsession with Lou Salome parallel Breuer's obsession with Bertha?
Essay Topic 2
How is Lou Salome's character an anachronism ?
Essay Topic 3
What is the effect, if any, of these 'real characters' being in a book of fiction?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)