|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nietzsche's first reaction to Breuer's proposed plan?
2. Where did Max and Breuer first meet?
3. What kind of doctor is Max?
4. With whom does Breuer do his Friday ritual?
5. What does Max accuse Breuer of doing to Nietzsche?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Breuer have with Max as opposed to Mathilde?
2. Why does Nietzsche agree to Breuer's new treatment plan?
3. After Breuer completes Nietzsche's second session, Lou Salome visits Breuer's office. Why does she storm out after Breuer talks to her?
4. How does Breuer feel as Nietzsche leaves his office?
5. Why might Nietzsche's migraines have subsided now that he is in the hospital?
6. How is Breuer the evening after Nietzsche leaves his office without treatment?
7. What meaning is attached to Breuer's wonderment if he and Nietzsche are truly friends?
8. What happens during the first session between Nietzsche and Breuer?
9. What does the letter to Peter Gast reveal?
10. How does Nietzsche behave after he becomes lucid? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Lou Salome's character an anachronism ?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Breuer's medical proficiency. Is he a good doctor? Is he ethical? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What are Lou Salome's motives concerning Nietzsche?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)