|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Nietzsche give Breuer for not reading?
2. When Nietzsche arrives at Breuer's office for the first time, how does he appear?
3. Why did Nietzsche have to resign as a professor?
4. When Breuer reads Nietzsche's books, what does he find in the margins?
5. How will Nietzsche get copies of his books to Breuer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nietzsche allow Breuer to read his books?
2. Why would Lou take such an interest in helping Nietzsche?
3. What expectations does Breuer have concerning Nietzsche?
4. What contributes to Nietzsche being a difficult patient?
5. Why would Freud and Josef use fake names when talking about people?
6. What is foreshadowed by Josef's admittance that he had an affair with a patient?
7. What is Freud's relationship with Josef's family?
8. Why would Nietzsche be so open about his physical ailments but so reserved about his mental ones?
9. What preconceived idea does Breuer have about Nietzsche that is incorrect?
10. Are Elisabeth's actions helping or hurting Nietzsche and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Lou Salome's motives concerning Nietzsche?
Essay Topic 2
How does Breuer's relationship with Max change throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
What methods does Nietzsche use to cope with stress?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)