|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nietzsche's second corrective behavior technique every time Breuer thinks of Bertha?
(a) Breuer is to pull his hair.
(b) Breuer is to read a passage from the Hebrew Bible.
(c) Breuer is to slap his thigh.
(d) Breuer is to put a pebble in his shoe and walk around with it all day when he thinks of Bertha.
2. What does the person who pounds on Breuer's door tell him?
(a) Breuer has a wounded pet outside.
(b) Breuer has an ill patient whom he needs to see.
(c) Breuer owes a man money.
(d) Breuer needs to leave Bertha alone.
3. The session after Lou storms out, what does Breuer share with Nietzsche to begin the session?
(a) His money problems.
(b) His distrust in Mathilde.
(c) A patient file.
(d) A dream he had.
4. Who is buried in the cemetery Nietzsche and Breuer walk around?
(a) Breuer's mother, father, and brother.
(b) Both of the men's grandmothers.
(c) Nietzsche's parents.
(d) Breuer's first wife.
5. The morning after Nietzsche reads a letter from Elisabeth, what do Josef and Mathilde argue about?
(a) How much money Josef spends on himself.
(b) Why Josef won't move offices.
(c) When Josef gets home from work.
(d) How much time Josef spends with his patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nietzsche arrives to hear the answers for his three questions, what does Breuer tell him about brain disease?
2. When Nietzsche arrives to hear the answers for his three questions, what does Breuer tell him about his migraines?
3. What does Max accuse Breuer of doing to Nietzsche?
4. According to Nietzsche, at whose expense is Breuer helping him?
5. As Breuer tells Nietzsche during their second session, why is Breuer unhappy in his marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Nietzsche, what does "dying at the right time" mean?
2. How does Nietzsche behave after he becomes lucid? Why?
3. Why has Breuer decided on a new plan to propose to Nietzsche?
4. How does Breuer behave in getting Nietzsche to agree to treatment?
5. How do Breuer and Nietzsche's life goals parallel each other?
6. What does the letter to Peter Gast reveal?
7. What prevents Breuer from getting Nietzsche to agree to treatment?
8. How does Breuer feel as Nietzsche leaves his office?
9. What is Breuer's motive in sharing his dream with Nietzsche?
10. What is Breuer's attitude about Max's advice?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)