|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topics do Nietzsche's philosophies cover?
(a) Publicity, theater, and aeronomics.
(b) Art, nature, and politics.
(c) Religion, education, and family.
(d) Ethics, prisons, and behavior.
2. Where has Nietzsche previously had a professorship?
3. What does Nietzsche believe is a physician's duty toward a patient?
(a) To provide written documentation for them.
(b) To give him examples of successful patients.
(c) To tell the absolute truth.
(d) To gain trust before treatment begins.
4. After Nietzsche and Breuer's initial meeting, what kind of night does Breuer have at home?
(a) He can't sleep.
(b) He sleeps soundly.
(c) He has a nightmare.
(d) He fights with his wife.
5. Nietzsche tells Breuer he spends most of his time ___________.
6. How should Josef react about Lou during treatment with Nietzsche, according to Lou?
(a) Not to align himself with her.
(b) Not to mention the "unholy Trinity."
(c) To pretend he's never heard her name.
(d) To side with her.
7. How does Nietzsche behave when discussing his illness, symptoms, and physical well being?
(a) Grim and disheartened.
(b) Very open and with no reservations.
(c) Secretive and deceptive.
(d) Reserved and quiet.
8. According to Nietzsche's conversation with Breuer, where does he get many of his ideas?
(a) At the library.
(b) By Lou's side.
(c) In bed.
(d) On walks.
9. What is Breuer surprised about concerning Nietzsche's illness?
(a) He is surprised Nietzsche takes so many medicines.
(b) He is surprised by the physical aspects of it.
(c) He is surprised another doctor hasn't made the simple diagnosis.
(d) He is surprised by the complexity of Nietzsche's illness.
10. What method does Freud tell Breuer to use for persuading Nietzsche to pursue treatment?
(a) Use the legal system.
(b) Use reverse psychology.
(c) Use Nietzsche's own words.
(d) Use threats.
11. As Nietzsche starts to leave their first meeting, how does Breuer feel about their conversation?
12. Nietzsche tells Breuer his diet consists of ___________.
(a) Bland foods.
(b) Water and salads.
(c) Foreign foods.
(d) Meat and potatoes.
13. What does Lou think about the reality of Nietzsche seeking help on his own after as she meets with Josef for the first time?
14. What does Breuer believe is a physician's duty toward a patient?
(a) To offer hope.
(b) To present all the information to them.
(c) To try new treatments on them.
(d) To give information they can handle.
15. When Breuer reads Nietzsche's books, what does he find in the margins?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Breuer view Freud in relation to himself?
2. What does Breuer believe physicians should offer to patients?
3. What does Nietzsche believe is "the final evil"?
4. How often does Nietzsche tell Breuer he is sick during their first meeting?
5. Lou gives Josef many letters from Nietzsche which reveal _____________.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)