Short Answer Key
1. Why is Josef Breuer in Venice?
He's on vacation.
2. What does Josef receive from Lou Salome while on vacation?
3. Where does Lou want Josef to meet her for their first encounter?
4. What best describes Lou the first time Josef meets her?
Beautiful, confident, and strking.
5. What does Lou tell Josef about her friend Friedrich Nietzsche?
Nietzsche is full of promise and influence.
6. What does Lou confide in Josef that she is specifically worried about with her friend Nietzsche?
Friedrick is suicidal.
7. In order to dispel Josef's skepticism about treating Friedrich, what does Lou give him?
A letter to Nietzsche from Richard Wagner.
8. What is Josef's relationship with Bertha?
Bertha is a patient Josef has slept with.
9. Why does Josef break off his conversation with Lou during their first meeting?
This section contains 2,916 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)