|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nietzsche arrives to hear the answers for his three questions, what does Breuer tell him about his migraines?
(a) All writers get them.
(b) His migraines should become less severe as he ages.
(c) He can prescribe medicine for migraines.
(d) Mental problems lead to migraines.
2. What does Breuer receive as he enters his office the day after his first meeting with Nietzsche?
(a) Copies of his books.
(c) A postcard.
(d) His past medical files.
3. According to Nietzsche, what has frustrated him about other physicians?
(a) Their overpriced bills.
(b) Their dishonesty.
(c) Their disregard for his privacy.
(d) Their lack of medical degrees.
4. According to Nietzsche, why has he agreed to meet with Breuer?
(a) His friends strongly recommended Breuer.
(b) He worried his other physicians were against him.
(c) He knew he needed help.
(d) He needed another prescription from a different doctor.
5. What does Max accuse Breuer of doing to Nietzsche?
(a) Trying to help Lou, not Nietzsche.
(b) Trying to make money off his case.
(c) Trying to punch holes in his philosophy.
(d) Trying to write a book about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nietzsche behave when discussing his illness, symptoms, and physical well being?
2. Since Breuer feels confident during the first consultation, he prepares to _______________.
3. What does Mathilde call Freud as a nickname?
4. Who comprises the "unholy Trinity"?
5. Why does Josef break off his conversation with Lou during their first meeting?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)