|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their second meeting, what advice does Lou give Josef concerning treating Nietzsche?
(a) To analyze his childhood.
(b) Not to attempt hypnotism on him.
(c) Not to discuss Elisabeth.
(d) To practice free association with him.
2. According to Lou, who has been the major cause of Nietzsche's recent bout with despair?
(a) Paul Ree.
(b) His editor.
3. How does Nietzsche behave when discussing his illness, symptoms, and physical well being?
(a) Secretive and deceptive.
(b) Reserved and quiet.
(c) Very open and with no reservations.
(d) Grim and disheartened.
4. At what point is Freud in his medical studies in Chapter 3?
(a) He is a second year medical school.
(b) He is an undergraduate.
(c) He is still in training.
(d) He has completed his medical studies.
5. What hurts Freud's chances of fulfilling his career?
(a) A lack of money.
(c) Anti-Semite forces.
(d) His family's lack of connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathilde direct Josef to do when he arrives at her home?
2. How does Lou describe Elisabeth to Josef?
3. What best describes Lou the first time Josef meets her?
4. How will Nietzsche get copies of his books to Breuer?
5. How does Breuer view his examination of Nietzsche during their first meeting?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)