|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lou, what will Dr. Overbeck do to help with Nietzsche?
(a) Dr. Overbeck will prescribe Nietzsche new medicine.
(b) Dr. Overbeck will hypnotize Nietzsche so he thinks he wants to see Dr. Breuer.
(c) Dr. Overbeck wil exert his influence with Nietzsche to get him to see Dr. Breuer.
(d) Dr. Overbeck will mail Nietzsche's patient files to Dr. Breuer.
2. How does Breuer view his examination of Nietzsche during their first meeting?
(a) As being very thorough.
(b) As being thoughtful.
(c) As being uncaring.
(d) As being untruthful.
3. What does Nietzsche believe is "the final evil"?
4. Nietzsche tells Breuer he normally lives ________________.
(a) At friends' houses.
(b) In hotels.
(c) In mental facilities.
(d) In the dorm where he teaches.
5. What best describes Lou the first time Josef meets her?
(a) Beautiful, confident, and strking.
(b) Scary, mean, and devisive.
(c) Pretty, kind, and quiet.
(d) Frumpy, cold, and weird.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Nietzsche and Breuer's initial meeting, why does Breuer become upset about Bertha?
2. As Nietzsche starts to leave their first meeting, how does Breuer feel about their conversation?
3. What does Josef receive from Lou Salome while on vacation?
4. Lou gives Josef many letters from Nietzsche which reveal _____________.
5. What hurts Freud's chances of fulfilling his career?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)