|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nietzsche believe is "the final evil"?
2. What does Nietzsche do every time Breuer starts to discuss suicide?
(a) Begins to cry.
(b) Rubs his head.
(c) Walks to the door.
(d) Changes the subject.
3. How does Breuer view Freud in relation to himself?
(a) Breuer thinks Freud is more religious than he.
(b) Breuer describes Freud as himself ten or eleven years ago.
(c) Breuer believes that Freud has more charisma than he.
(d) Breuer emphasizes that Freud has more skill and devotion than he.
4. In order to dispel Josef's skepticism about treating Friedrich, what does Lou give him?
(a) A letter to Nietzsche from Richard Wagner.
(b) His medical files.
(d) Photographs of Nietzsche in trouble.
5. Who comprises the "unholy Trinity"?
(a) Breuer and two other doctors.
(b) Elisabeth, Nietzsche, and Paul Ree.
(c) Lou and her two sisters.
(d) Lou, Friedrich Nietzsche, and their friend Paul Ree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lou gives Josef a letter from Nietzsche; what does Nietzsche's letter to Lou reveal?
2. On his way home after his first office visit with Lou Salome, whom does Breuer see walking in the rain?
3. At what point is Freud in his medical studies in Chapter 3?
4. What does Nietzsche not know about his books and Breuer?
5. What does Lou confide in Josef that she is specifically worried about with her friend Nietzsche?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)