|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Josef not meet with Lou the next morning after their first meeting?
(a) Because of his hospital rounds.
(b) Because of teaching duties.
(c) Because of his wife.
(d) Because of his children.
2. How did Lou's relationship with Nietzsche and Paul Ree begin?
(a) As a marriage of the minds.
(b) For a means to escape prison.
(c) By convenience.
(d) As a way to earn money.
3. How does Breuer view Freud in relation to himself?
(a) Breuer emphasizes that Freud has more skill and devotion than he.
(b) Breuer believes that Freud has more charisma than he.
(c) Breuer thinks Freud is more religious than he.
(d) Breuer describes Freud as himself ten or eleven years ago.
4. When Nietzsche first arrives at Breuer's office, what do the two men discuss first?
(a) Nietzsche's previous treatments and physicians.
(b) Breuer's credentials and publications.
(c) Breuer's friendship with Freud.
(d) Nietzsche's love life.
5. During their second meeting, what advice does Lou give Josef concerning treating Nietzsche?
(a) To analyze his childhood.
(b) To practice free association with him.
(c) Not to discuss Elisabeth.
(d) Not to attempt hypnotism on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should Josef react about Lou during treatment with Nietzsche, according to Lou?
2. According to Lou, who has been the major cause of Nietzsche's recent bout with despair?
3. What do Breuer and Nietzsche later discuss during their first meeting?
4. What kind of "voice" does Breuer think Nietzsche's books have?
5. On his way home after his first office visit with Lou Salome, whom does Breuer see walking in the rain?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)