|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mathilde direct Freud to do when he arrives at her home?
(a) Take a hot bath.
(b) Talk to the children.
(c) Sleep in Josef's bed.
(d) Eat cookies.
2. What kind of "voice" does Breuer think Nietzsche's books have?
(a) Calm and soothing.
(b) Anything but soft.
(c) Confusing and misleading.
(d) Nice but firm.
3. What hurts Freud's chances of fulfilling his career?
(a) His family's lack of connections.
(b) A lack of money.
(d) Anti-Semite forces.
4. What best describes Lou the first time Josef meets her?
(a) Pretty, kind, and quiet.
(b) Frumpy, cold, and weird.
(c) Scary, mean, and devisive.
(d) Beautiful, confident, and strking.
5. When Nietzsche first arrives at Breuer's office, what do the two men discuss first?
(a) Breuer's credentials and publications.
(b) Nietzsche's previous treatments and physicians.
(c) Nietzsche's love life.
(d) Breuer's friendship with Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Josef break off his conversation with Lou during their first meeting?
2. Nietzsche tells Breuer that if he hadn't resigned as a professor, he is convinced what would have happened?
3. According to Lou, who has been the major cause of Nietzsche's recent bout with despair?
4. What type of study does Freud prefer?
5. What does Lou think about the reality of Nietzsche seeking help on his own after as she meets with Josef for the first time?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)