|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comprises the "unholy Trinity"?
(a) Lou and her two sisters.
(b) Elisabeth, Nietzsche, and Paul Ree.
(c) Breuer and two other doctors.
(d) Lou, Friedrich Nietzsche, and their friend Paul Ree.
2. In order to dispel Josef's skepticism about treating Friedrich, what does Lou give him?
(a) A letter to Nietzsche from Richard Wagner.
(c) His medical files.
(d) Photographs of Nietzsche in trouble.
3. How does Lou describe Elisabeth to Josef?
(a) Anti-Semantic, mean-spirited, and divisive.
(b) Fun, out of control, and silly.
(c) Ignorant, uneducated, and clumsy.
(d) Bland, ordinary, and simple.
4. What does Lou think about the reality of Nietzsche seeking help on his own after as she meets with Josef for the first time?
5. Lou gives Josef a letter from Nietzsche; what does Nietzsche's letter to Lou reveal?
(a) Nietzsche's need to speak with Lou.
(b) Nietzsche's great admiration for Lou.
(c) Nietzsche's fear of teaching his college courses.
(d) Nietzsche's desire to hurt Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lou want Josef to meet her for their first encounter?
2. What kind of physicians has Nietzsche previously seen?
3. What does Mathilde call Freud as a nickname?
4. What is Josef's relationship with Bertha?
5. When will Lou and Josef meet again after their first meeting?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)