|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Breuer describe Nietzsche the first time he sees him which he did not expect?
(a) As being thin and sickly.
(b) As being gruff.
(c) As being strong and muscular.
(d) As having a soft voice.
2. During their second meeting, what picture does Lou show Josef?
(a) Paul, Lou, and Nietzsche after their college graduation.
(b) Paul and Nietzsche standing and Lou in a cart holding a whip.
(c) Lou in a mock wedding with Nietzsche.
(d) Paul and Lou holding children.
3. What does Mathilde direct Josef to do when he arrives at her home?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Lie down and rest.
(c) Take out the compost pile.
(d) Read to the children.
4. What kind of "voice" does Breuer think Nietzsche's books have?
(a) Calm and soothing.
(b) Confusing and misleading.
(c) Nice but firm.
(d) Anything but soft.
5. What do Breuer and Nietzsche later discuss during their first meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lou's relationship with Nietzsche and Paul Ree begin?
2. Lou confides in Josef that she does not believe in what?
3. Why is Josef Breuer in Venice?
4. Where does Lou want Josef to meet her for their first encounter?
5. Lou gives Josef many letters from Nietzsche which reveal _____________.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)