|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Lou the first time Josef meets her?
(a) Beautiful, confident, and strking.
(b) Scary, mean, and devisive.
(c) Frumpy, cold, and weird.
(d) Pretty, kind, and quiet.
2. In order to dispel Josef's skepticism about treating Friedrich, what does Lou give him?
(b) A letter to Nietzsche from Richard Wagner.
(c) His medical files.
(d) Photographs of Nietzsche in trouble.
3. What kind of physicians has Nietzsche previously seen?
(a) Family doctors who are not mental health experts.
(b) Many well-known physicians.
(c) Reclusive and expensive physicians.
(d) Cheap and underqualified physicians.
4. Lou confides in Josef that she does not believe in what?
5. Where does Lou want Josef to meet her for their first encounter?
(a) A bar.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The newspaper office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathilde call Freud as a nickname?
2. During their second meeting, what advice does Lou give Josef concerning treating Nietzsche?
3. How does Breuer describe Nietzsche the first time he sees him which he did not expect?
4. On his way home after his first office visit with Lou Salome, whom does Breuer see walking in the rain?
5. Where do Josef and Lou have their second meeting?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)