|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lou describe Elisabeth to Josef?
(a) Anti-Semantic, mean-spirited, and divisive.
(b) Ignorant, uneducated, and clumsy.
(c) Fun, out of control, and silly.
(d) Bland, ordinary, and simple.
2. What does Lou confide in Josef that she is specifically worried about with her friend Nietzsche?
(a) Nietzsche can no longer write.
(b) Nietzsche is homeless.
(c) Nietzsche is a drug addict.
(d) Friedrick is suicidal.
3. Where do Josef and Lou have their second meeting?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Josef's office.
(d) A pastry shop.
4. What best describes Lou the first time Josef meets her?
(a) Beautiful, confident, and strking.
(b) Pretty, kind, and quiet.
(c) Scary, mean, and devisive.
(d) Frumpy, cold, and weird.
5. What does Mathilde direct Josef to do when he arrives at her home?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Lie down and rest.
(c) Read to the children.
(d) Take out the compost pile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What odd suggestion does Lou give to Josef concerning Nietzsche's treatment before she leaves their second meeting?
2. What does Josef receive from Lou Salome while on vacation?
3. Lou gives Josef a letter from Nietzsche; what does Nietzsche's letter to Lou reveal?
4. Why is Josef Breuer in Venice?
5. Lou gives Josef many letters from Nietzsche which reveal _____________.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)