|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Breuer's first office visit with Lou Salome, whom does he travel to visit?
(d) Seven patients.
2. What best describes Lou the first time Josef meets her?
(a) Scary, mean, and devisive.
(b) Frumpy, cold, and weird.
(c) Beautiful, confident, and strking.
(d) Pretty, kind, and quiet.
3. What does Lou think about the reality of Nietzsche seeking help on his own after as she meets with Josef for the first time?
4. How did Lou's relationship with Nietzsche and Paul Ree begin?
(a) As a marriage of the minds.
(b) By convenience.
(c) As a way to earn money.
(d) For a means to escape prison.
5. Why can Josef not meet with Lou the next morning after their first meeting?
(a) Because of his wife.
(b) Because of his children.
(c) Because of teaching duties.
(d) Because of his hospital rounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Josef break off his conversation with Lou during their first meeting?
2. What is Freud busy doing instead of writing and researching?
3. What does Mathilde direct Josef to do when he arrives at her home?
4. During their second meeting, what advice does Lou give Josef concerning treating Nietzsche?
5. What does Mathilde direct Freud to do when he arrives at her home?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)