|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point is Freud in his medical studies in Chapter 3?
(a) He is an undergraduate.
(b) He has completed his medical studies.
(c) He is still in training.
(d) He is a second year medical school.
2. What does Mathilde direct Freud to do when he arrives at her home?
(a) Talk to the children.
(b) Take a hot bath.
(c) Eat cookies.
(d) Sleep in Josef's bed.
3. Why can Josef not meet with Lou the next morning after their first meeting?
(a) Because of his children.
(b) Because of his hospital rounds.
(c) Because of his wife.
(d) Because of teaching duties.
4. Lou gives Josef many letters from Nietzsche which reveal _____________.
(a) His terrible body images.
(b) His headaches.
(c) His suicidal tendencies.
(d) His childhood abuse.
5. What odd suggestion does Lou give to Josef concerning Nietzsche's treatment before she leaves their second meeting?
(a) Nietzsche should not know he is in treatment.
(b) Nietzsche should believe Lou disappeared.
(c) Nietzsche should begin working a new job.
(d) Nietzsche should meet daily with Josef.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Lou and Josef meet again after their first meeting?
2. What hurts Freud's chances of fulfilling his career?
3. What does Lou tell Josef about her friend Friedrich Nietzsche?
4. Lou gives Josef a letter from Nietzsche; what does Nietzsche's letter to Lou reveal?
5. How should Josef react about Lou during treatment with Nietzsche, according to Lou?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)