|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Breuer dismisses Nietzsche's final argument against treatment, what does Nietzsche prepare to do?
(a) Leave Breuer's office.
(b) Go to the store.
(c) Visit his editor.
(d) Teach a class.
2. What does Nietzsche accuse Breuer of being after Nietzsche refuses the treatment plan Breuer designed for him?
(a) He is prideful and arrogant.
(b) He is wrong and stubborn.
(c) He is unknowledgeable and pushy.
(d) He is cruel and unkind.
3. Nietzsche tells Breuer he normally lives ________________.
(a) In mental facilities.
(b) At friends' houses.
(c) In the dorm where he teaches.
(d) In hotels.
4. Where has Nietzsche previously had a professorship?
5. Where do Josef and Lou have their second meeting?
(a) A pastry shop.
(b) Josef's office.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche tells Breuer that if he hadn't resigned as a professor, he is convinced what would have happened?
2. According to Lou, who has been the major cause of Nietzsche's recent bout with despair?
3. Lou confides in Josef that she does not believe in what?
4. How does Nietzsche behave when discussing his illness, symptoms, and physical well being?
5. What do Freud and Breuer discuss after Breuer spends some time reading Nietzsche's books?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)