|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lou gives Josef many letters from Nietzsche which reveal _____________.
(a) His suicidal tendencies.
(b) His terrible body images.
(c) His childhood abuse.
(d) His headaches.
2. Where do Josef and Lou have their second meeting?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Josef's office.
(c) A pastry shop.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What do Breuer and Nietzsche later discuss during their first meeting?
4. When Nietzsche arrives at Breuer's office for the first time, how does he appear?
(a) Strong, firm, and decisive.
(b) Pale, cold,and weak.
(c) Messy and unkept.
(d) Organized and put-together.
5. How does Breuer feel about the consultation with Nietzsche when Nietzsche refuses treatment?
(a) It slipped through his hands.
(b) He had control of it.
(c) It was aggravating.
(d) It was moving positively.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading Nietzsche's books for the first time, when does he next see Freud?
2. According to Nietzsche's conversation with Breuer, where does he get many of his ideas?
3. How does Nietzsche behave when discussing his illness, symptoms, and physical well being?
4. What is Breuer surprised about concerning Nietzsche's illness?
5. As Breuer dismisses Nietzsche's final argument against treatment, what does Breuer ask him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)