|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lou, who has been the major cause of Nietzsche's recent bout with despair?
(b) His editor.
(d) Paul Ree.
2. Lou gives Josef many letters from Nietzsche which reveal _____________.
(a) His suicidal tendencies.
(b) His headaches.
(c) His terrible body images.
(d) His childhood abuse.
3. During their second meeting, what advice does Lou give Josef concerning treating Nietzsche?
(a) To analyze his childhood.
(b) Not to attempt hypnotism on him.
(c) To practice free association with him.
(d) Not to discuss Elisabeth.
4. What do Freud and Breuer discuss after Breuer spends some time reading Nietzsche's books?
(a) Nietzsche's health.
(b) Nietzsche's love life.
(c) Nietzsche's previous physicians.
(d) Nietzsche's education.
5. Lou confides in Josef that she does not believe in what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Breuer receive as he enters his office the day after his first meeting with Nietzsche?
2. When Nietzsche arrives at Breuer's office for the first time, how does he appear?
3. What does Nietzsche plan to do when he returns to Breuer's office in two hours?
4. Where does Nietzsche plan to go after refusing treatment in the consultation?
5. Nietzsche tells Breuer that his home is ______________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)