|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Breuer feel about Mathilde's meddling in his professional life a few months ago?
(a) He now realizes she was right.
(b) He thinks she was unfair.
(c) He thinks she was bored.
(d) He wishes she wasn't so mean.
2. When Nietzsche arrives to hear the answers for his three questions, what does Breuer reveal as the best course of treatment?
(a) Diet and exercise program.
(c) Physical therapy.
(d) Exercise program.
3. What does Breuer try to slip into the discussion during Nietzsche's first session with him?
(a) Nietzsche's mother's death.
(b) Lou Salome.
(c) Nietzsche's suicide attempts.
(d) Nietzsche's philosophical beliefs.
4. What kind of physicians has Nietzsche previously seen?
(a) Reclusive and expensive physicians.
(b) Family doctors who are not mental health experts.
(c) Cheap and underqualified physicians.
(d) Many well-known physicians.
5. When Nietzsche arrives to hear the answers for his three questions, what does Breuer tell him about his migraines?
(a) Mental problems lead to migraines.
(b) He can prescribe medicine for migraines.
(c) All writers get them.
(d) His migraines should become less severe as he ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Breuer feels confident during the first consultation, he prepares to _______________.
2. The morning after Nietzsche reads a letter from Elisabeth, what does Mathilde express as a concern with Josef's professional life?
3. In Nietzsche's letter to Peter Gast, what does he write about concerning his hospital stay?
4. At the pastry shop, how does Freud react to Breuer's feelings concerning Bertha?
5. How does Breuer try to get Nietzsche to agree to his desired course of treatment?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)