|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Breuer plan only to treat Nietzsche's body?
(a) He believes his only true ailments are physical.
(b) He knows Nietzsche will only allow him to treat his body.
(c) He is only concerned with his body.
(d) He doesn't have the background or knowledge to treat his mind.
2. At the pastry shop, how does Freud react to Breuer's feelings concerning Bertha?
(a) Freud ignores Bruer.
(b) Freud is fascinated.
(c) Freud mocks Breuer.
(d) Freud is intrigued.
3. What do Breuer and Nietzsche later discuss during their first meeting?
4. When Nietzsche arrives to hear the answers for his three questions, what does Breuer tell him about blindness?
(a) Surgery prevents blindness.
(b) Research shows migraines contribute to blindness.
(c) It is genetic.
(d) Migraines do not lead to blindness.
5. How does Breuer feel about Mathilde's meddling in his professional life a few months ago?
(a) He thinks she was bored.
(b) He wishes she wasn't so mean.
(c) He now realizes she was right.
(d) He thinks she was unfair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nietzsche arrives to hear the answers for his three questions, what does Breuer reveal as the best course of treatment?
2. What is Nietzsche's first reaction to Breuer's proposed plan?
3. What plan does Breuer propose to Nietzsche on the Monday morning following Nietzsche's illness?
4. What is Nietzsche's last argument against the suggested course of treatment?
5. Why did Mathilde dislike Eva?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)