|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13, and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A week after Lou meets Breuer at his office, she sends him a note that states what?
(a) To forget the ideas she gave him.
(b) Discussions with Freud are dangerous.
(c) Their plan is working.
(d) To treat her differently than Nietzsche.
2. What kind of "voice" does Breuer think Nietzsche's books have?
(a) Calm and soothing.
(b) Confusing and misleading.
(c) Anything but soft.
(d) Nice but firm.
3. On the Monday morning following his illness, when does Nietzsche plan to see Breuer again?
(a) When he is ill again.
(b) In a month.
(c) Later that night.
4. When Nietzsche arrives at Breuer's office for the first time, how does he appear?
(a) Pale, cold,and weak.
(b) Organized and put-together.
(c) Messy and unkept.
(d) Strong, firm, and decisive.
5. In Nietzsche's letter to Peter Gast, what does he write about concerning his hospital stay?
(a) He knows he needs medicine.
(b) He doesn't trust Breuer.
(c) He is excited about it.
(d) He dreads doing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lou, what will Dr. Overbeck do to help with Nietzsche?
2. Why did Nietzsche have to resign as a professor?
3. During their first session, how does Nietzsche behave as he talks to Breuer?
4. What plan does Breuer propose to Nietzsche on the Monday morning following Nietzsche's illness?
5. Nietzsche tells Breuer that if he hadn't resigned as a professor, he is convinced what would have happened?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)