1. Why is Josef Breuer in Venice?
(a) He's on vacation.
(b) He's visiting his parents.
(c) He's attending a medical conference.
(d) He's a visiting professor.
2. What does Josef receive from Lou Salome while on vacation?
(a) A note.
(b) A poem.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A book.
3. Where does Lou want Josef to meet her for their first encounter?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A bar.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The newspaper office.
4. What best describes Lou the first time Josef meets her?
(a) Pretty, kind, and quiet.
(b) Scary, mean, and devisive.
(c) Beautiful, confident, and strking.
(d) Frumpy, cold, and weird.
5. What does Lou tell Josef about her friend Friedrich Nietzsche?
(a) Nietzsche has editors stealing from him.
(b) Nietzsche is past his prime.
(c) Nietzsche is full of promise and influence.
(d) Nietzsche needs help for his writing.
6. What does Lou confide in Josef that she is specifically worried about with her friend Nietzsche?
(a) Nietzsche can no longer write.
(b) Nietzsche is homeless.
(c) Friedrick is suicidal.
(d) Nietzsche is a drug addict.
This section contains 5,242 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)