* Lou Salome sends Josef Breuer, a renowned physician, a note while he is on vacation in Venice.
* Lou tells Josef about her friend, Friedrich Nietzsche. She is worried about her friend because he is suicidal.
* Dr. Breuer thinks about his sexual relationship with a patient named Bertha and his wife, Mathilde.
* Dr. Breuer and Lou agree to meet at his office in a month.
* Four weeks later, Lou and Dr. Breuer meet at his office to discuss Nietzsche.
* Lou tells Dr. Breuer that Nietzsche proposed marriage to her, which he later learned was a mistake.
* Nietzsche writes Lou a letter, full of suicidal references.
* Lou gives Dr. Breuer two of Nietzsche's books.
* As Dr. Breuer goes home, he sees his friend Sigmund Freud walking in the rain.
* Freud goes to Breuer's home, where he is a regular. Mathilde and the children confide in Freud.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)