• Lou Salome sends Josef Breuer, a renowned physician, a note while he is on vacation in Venice.
• Lou tells Josef about her friend, Friedrich Nietzsche. She is worried about her friend because he is suicidal.
• Dr. Breuer thinks about his sexual relationship with a patient named Bertha and his wife, Mathilde.
• Dr. Breuer and Lou agree to meet at his office in a month.
• Four weeks later, Lou and Dr. Breuer meet at his office to discuss Nietzsche.
• Lou tells Dr. Breuer that Nietzsche proposed marriage to her, which he later learned was a mistake.
• Nietzsche writes Lou a letter, full of suicidal references.
• Lou gives Dr. Breuer two of Nietzsche's books.
• As Dr. Breuer goes home, he sees his friend Sigmund Freud walking in the rain.
• Freud goes to Breuer's home, where he is a regular. Mathilde and the children confide...
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)